Pictures of the new Line!

185 replies to this topic

#1 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:05 PM

Hey guys, great news. Hasbro has been nice enough to send me pictures of the new line thats coming out later this summer. As you know, One Man Clan and myself visited Hasbro Headquarters in January, but untill now we were told picuters were out of the question. Well thats changed, I submit to you now the 2004 Nerf Line Up.

Posted Image

http://img9.photobuc.../Nerf/Scout.jpg
The Scout

Posted Image

http://img9.photobuc.../Nerf/Titan.jpg
The Titan

Posted Image

http://img9.photobuc...Nerf/hornet.jpg
The Hornet

Posted Image

http://img9.photobuc...ower_System.jpg
The N-strike.

Sorry about the pictures being big, but I wanted to give them to you in all their glory. Click the direct links if you can't quite see them nicely.

Remember, these guns have potential, but just because it's not the crossbow doesn't mean we need to bash it. Hasbro has a new team and has breathed new life into Nerf, so be patient, only good things will come. Enjoy guys, Hasbro has been more then accomidating to us, lets show them we appreciate it. Special Thanks to "A.B." and "A.M." (initials due to confidentiality).

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#2 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:11 PM

Talio I love you in a non-sexual way.

Those pictures seriously made me wonder about future mods...
Also, I remember you saying something about 3 guns that attach... thats kinda funny, and wierd.

Edited by DJ Hurley, 21 June 2004 - 10:12 PM.

NERF CITY
You're a dipshit, stop posting.
I'll let you know when you can start again.
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#3 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:14 PM

Wow! That is the coolest thing ever! I can't wait! Thanks Tailo! And A.M. and A.B.
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#4 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:17 PM

I am to foam as Ed Wood is to angora.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#5 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:23 PM

Talio, I love you in a butt way.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#6 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:36 PM

Thank you, Lord. And Talio, I guess. :blink:
So does the Scout has a cocking system lke the LnL? If it does: Hell yes.
The Titan looks very comfortable to hold. Hoping the rocket goes faster than 1mph. I'm wondering what the second trigger is for, though.
The Hornet looks nice. I kept having these bad dreams that it was going to be a Mad Hornet rerelease. *shiver* I wonder if it'll fire all the darts at once like a BF, or rapid fire? Hopefully the former.
And the "Unity Power System" looks...interesting. That's all I can really say.
Well, I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to get my hands on these. And the PC rerelease. :D
Any info on exact release dates, yet?

Edited by VoLT, 21 June 2004 - 10:40 PM.

"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#7 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:37 PM

Wow.

If your intention was wet pants... by god you got them.

They look quite sexy, I want one! They colour scheme looks like that of my late Roto-Track, very welcome in my eye.

Thanks again Talio.

Now to clean my pants.

EDIT: Oh, and VoLT, the second trigger is to release the Hornet from it's "docked position" as it were. See the little orange button? That locks the Hornet in position I assume... and the trigger retracts that, allowing separation.

Edited by Xx_Black-Wrath_xX, 21 June 2004 - 10:45 PM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#8 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:38 PM

Wierd names though, how are we gonna nickname em? Just Scout and Hornet? Or with all the fancy high-tech numbers? Im getting too old for this. Er wait... :blink:
The scout looks like a Night Finder mixed with a Tech Target Pistol, and a new look. Kinda like a Socom.
And the Hornet looks like a Blastfire but with a stock and 6 darts. Me likey.
As for the Titan, looks like a Supermaxx Airzooka er whatever but smaller. WAIT, theres 2 triggers! Hmmm... I wonder...

Oh, and it DOES look like the Scout cocks back like the LNL hence the seperation between the grey and maroonish color. It's just that... recognizable! Maybe this is the next gun to end the people begging for a new LNL!

Edited by DJ Hurley, 21 June 2004 - 10:40 PM.

NERF CITY
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#9 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:39 PM

I'm assuming the "Second Trigger" is for the hornet. I love the scouts design.
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#10 NerfKing

NerfKing

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:43 PM

Thanks for the pics, Talio.

What I want to know is, why the Titan has 2 triggers.

#11 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:46 PM

i think its a button you push so you can break it apart, you can see some small orange dot at the bottom of the titan

#12 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:47 PM

Oh, and it DOES look like the Scout cocks back like the LNL hence the seperation between the grey and maroonish color. It's just that... recognizable! Maybe this is the next gun to end the people begging for a new LNL!

I can't explain how awesome that would be. I think I remember someone saying, you could just attach one to the bottom of a larger gun (i.e., XBow), hold it and pull the larger gun back to cock it.
The more I look at the Hornet, the more my keyboard becomes covered in drool. It just looks so sleek and... sexy.
Here's hoping they come out next month. :blink:
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

#13 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:47 PM

Consider this the offical FAQ, OMC, feel free to help out if you wonder in.

Q. So does the Scout has a cocking system lke the LnL? If it does: Hell yes.

A. Hell no I'm affraid, but it offers a different choice as far as pistols go. The Scout cocks back via a slide and then moves back to it's original position. So as far as I could see, no ripping off the slide and attaching key rings.

Q. Does the Horent have a stock.

A. Not really. It's not big enough to be a stock, just think of it as more of a cool little thing to help it connect. It's purely cosmetic.

Q. Whats the second trigger for?

A. Answer, yes, it fires the horent when it's attached. As an added bonus, when you have them connected and you pump the titan, it pumps both guns.

Q. Is the Titan air powered, and if so, where is the pump.

A. Yes, it's air. The pump is the back part that looks like a stock. It works like a foot pump, but again, as uncomfortable as that may be, you have 8 shots before you have to use it, and it will pump both guns.

Thats all I have for now, keep asking, and I'll keep answering.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#14 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:53 PM

So, it cocks like a SM250/350? Hopefully it's better than one of those POSes...
Um, I guess this is a good time as ever to ask... What's a stock? :blink:

#15 DJ Hurley

DJ Hurley

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:54 PM

Heh, the Titan has a "scope"

What I want to know is, will any other features be included with the guns? It says "N-Strike; Enlist, Enforce, Engage"
Would that by any chance have some sort of club sign up thing or anything to follow through with the new line up? (i.e. "You bought the gun, now your a member of the N-Strike Army blah blah heres a N-Strike sticker, collect these points and get a shirt"
Something like that. Cause the name N-Strike and that phrase "Enlist" kinda fits well into doing something like that. Also that would be awesome!
NERF CITY
Yes, I'm serious. ~Cxwq

#16 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 10:59 PM

It says "N-Strike; Enlist, Enforce, Engage"

Could be a trick to get people to join the army. :blink:
Another question, Talio: does the Hornet have a firing mode like the BF?

#17 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:21 PM

"By the pumping of my guns
Something wicked this way comes."

~paraphrased Shakespeare from Macbeth

"Nerf guns are like Voltron. The more of them you hook up, the better it gets."

~paraphrased from Red vs Blue

Edited by reversedracula, 21 June 2004 - 11:29 PM.

#18 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:23 PM

Hm, hm...I wonder...
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#19 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:32 PM

Is it just me or are the two smaller ones looking like mere cosmetic refresh of the NF and BF?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#20 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:43 PM

You get a sixth shot on the Hornet, and side smacking is easier than topsmashing for blasting. But yes, it's very similar. As for the Scout... couldn't I just call the Nite Finder a Secret Shot remake? And couldn't I just (loosely) call that a Sharpshooter remake? Warhog, other pistols... just seems difficult to be very innovative with a spring pistol without being gimmicky. I think we have to see how well the integration works, whether the barrels are as short as they look and how well that monster shoots smaller darts with a modded barrel.

#21 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:44 PM

Q. Is there a gimmick, i.e. t-shirt, stickers, etc.?

A. Well, it comes with a nifty little dvd game where you get to shoot darts at the screen, if that counts.

Q. Does the Hornet have a firing mech like the Blastfire.

A. I can only assume, I never saw a working prototype of the hornet, and they would let me take the other guns apart, but it does have a blast button that will fire all six shots.

Q. Aren't these guns just remodeled off of old ones?

A. Yes, extra barrel, different mechanism, each providing something new.

Talio.

#22 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:46 PM

Ehh, no offense but those guns kinda look cheesy. It kinda seems like they are trying too hard.

Besides that i think the new guns are gonna be awesome. IM kinda skeptical of the designs, but meh.

Thanks for the pics though.

#23 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:50 PM

You say that as if I designed them and am making money on them selling, I'm just giving out information my friends. I like them, but I was pampered the night before by Hasbro, so I had my mind made up before I saw them.

Talio.

#24 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:52 PM

Ohh i know, thats why i said thanks for the pics.

I wasnt really directing any of that at you. Infact im greatful that you posted those pictures

#25 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 12:12 AM

Ehh, no offense but those guns kinda look cheesy. It kinda seems like they are trying too hard.

Besides that i think the new guns are gonna be awesome. IM kinda skeptical of the designs, but meh.

Thanks for the pics though.

i disagree. that pistol makes up for any cheesy look on the others. the 6 barreled one doesn't look to bad either. that pistol is just soooo cool. i can't wait for that pistol...it's like, cool looking already. very few guns have that quality. (crossbow you have to take off the bow, LnL the top, i guess the nightfinder looks pretty sweet on it's own.)

thanks a load talio...i can't wait.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users