Photo

What is the max voltage on the Elite Rayven?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Hands

Mr Hands

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

So I'd like to settle this bit of information before I go and chose a flywheel blaster. SO, is it true that you can go beyond 3 trustfires with the Elite Rayven? I know for a fact that the stryfe has a voltage limiter, and cuts out at 3 trustfires. What about the elite rayven?

I cant for the love of god find the information anywhere. Anyone tested it in person?

#2 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

Just remove those devises so you can run them at a higher voltage. If you can't or don't want to do the electrical work, I would just not use a flywheel blaster.

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#3 mangonerf

mangonerf

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

I think somewhere in the handle there is a voltage regulator. Just cut that out and I've seen people put 18 volts through the raven
"paintball shoots pain, airsoft shoots plastic and nerf shoots metal. I think you can tell which one is awesome."

#4 TheWiredDJ

TheWiredDJ

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

If you remove the thermistor (voltage regulator) from any current gen Nerf flywheel blaster, you can run 4 trustfires through it. Granted, you run the risk of burning out a motor eventually, and I've had the stock solder melt and break connections once before when running 4 trustfires in a Rayven, but a little more solder corrects that quickly.

Used to commission Nerf guns I guess.

Gallery/Blog.
Facebook page.

#5 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

I ran 16.8 volts in a regular rayven without any mods done, and it was fine.
I've heard the elite rayven is basically just a repaint of the original, with slightly better performance, so I don't think it's going to be a problem using 16.8v
If you do run into a problem, you can just do what everyone else advised, and take out the resistors.

Edited by Mully, 05 April 2013 - 11:11 AM.

S.C.U.N.

#6 Mr Hands

Mr Hands

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

Does anyone have a direct answer? This is stock I'm concerned about. The only thing I want to do is change the batteries, no re- wiring. It's intended for numerous other people to use so I don't want to take our the thermostors.

Edited by Mr Hands, 05 April 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#7 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

I would not try running it on 4 trust fires. I mean, you would be able to get some use out of the blaster running at such a high voltage because of the burst-firing characteristic. However, in my experience, that voltage yields an awful smell, an uncomfortable rattling, a loud noise, and pretty bad fishtailing with stock elites. Any potential range increase is completely negated. Use 3 trust fires, if that.

Also, your name is fucking fucked up. If it's named after what I think it is.

Edited by HOTH, 05 April 2013 - 12:56 PM.

My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#8 Blastershack

Blastershack

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

If you dont want to take out any of the voltage restrictors then why bother with a fly wheel blaster.
I have and do customise flywheel blasters with a full rewire and motor swap and they are great and reliable.

You get out of nerf what you put in to it. If you do look properly there are lots of places/threds on various nerf forums that do explain about voltages and rewires and even what batteries you can use in every electronic blaster

#9 Mr Hands

Mr Hands

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

So you can* run 4 trustfires in a stock elite rayven?

#10 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

You sure can. But it sounds awful.

#11 Jeo

Jeo

Red Team: HooRah!

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Not for very long before the thermistor kicks in and cuts the power.

~9v is probably what you'd be aiming for for an otherwise stock Rayven.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users