Photo

Retaliator Priming Issue

3 replies to this topic

#1 Taeyang

Taeyang

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

So yesterday I put a 8kg spring from SG Nerf into my retaliator and removed the bolt and magazine locks, but when I fire the dart from the retaliator, the priming mechanism gets stuck and I have to shake the retaliator to get it to prime again. After taking it apart and reassembling it, I found that the mechanism only jammed when a dart was fired from it but did not jam when it was dry fired. Also when I was able to prime it the first time, there was difficulty getting it away from the initial unprimed position, but as soon as that happened, it was very easy to prime. I read somewhere else that it might have to do with the spring being not long enough and some other related issue. Can someone help me?

#2 Jaynerf176

Jaynerf176

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

if you could post some pictures of your internals, that would make things easier to understand.
I do reviews and mod guides, check them out here: https://www.youtube....jtOQo09ejo7bHnQ

#3 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Try replacing the SG Nerf spring with the original spring, and then see if it functions correctly. If it does, the spring you got from him is the culprit. If it still malfunctions with the original spring in, then you probably reassembled one of the pieces incorrectly, or have broken something modifying it. Make sure that everything is in its proper place in the shell.

It is also quite possible that you removed something necessary when you took out the locks. If you would post pictures of the pieces that you took out, that would be helpful.

#4 Taeyang

Taeyang

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Ah, sorry everyone, it turns out I thought I removed the bolt lock, but instead I only removed the magazine locks. Everything works well now. So sorry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users