Air Powered Roughcut 2x4

still in planning stages, trying to come up with general ideas

2 replies to this topic

#1 WSU Cowboy

WSU Cowboy

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Hey y'all! My buddy and I were looking at a roughcut the other day at walmart and noticed how much room the shell had in it. This got us thinking about how everyone dreams about a real "shotgun" mod for a nerf blaster. So stay with me on this one, it may be hard to follow. A roughcut 2x4 that will be air powered and allow it to shoot all 8 darts at once. We were throwing around the idea of using a bike pump that was hooked to the shotgun grip that comes from the factory, but were slightly stumped on how to store the air and release it. I am looking for decent ranges out of it (maybe 30-50 feet?). We threw around ideas of a titan pump or two panther pumps (one for each side of the roughcut)but we aren't experienced enough with air blasters to know if they would have enough air to fire the darts with a decent range. Any ideas would be helpful and much appreciated!
"Overkill is Underrated"-Omega Squadron, WSU

#2 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

What you are saying has allready been done. All credit goes to clownieX.

First (near as I can tell) Panther 2x4. All air restrictors have been removed. Each side fires a 4 round burst, of a single trigger.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Might want to ask him about the polycarb mount he used for the trigger.
I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

#3 WSU Cowboy

WSU Cowboy

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

What you are saying has allready been done. All credit goes to clownieX.

Might want to ask him about the polycarb mount he used for the trigger.

Thank you! ill be sure to contact him about it! My thoughts were a little different but ill see if i can find the exact details on performance.
"Overkill is Underrated"-Omega Squadron, WSU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users