Elite Alpha Trooper CS-12 first look

14 replies to this topic

#1 Blastershack

Blastershack

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Got Two alpha troopers cs 12 today.

Here is a quick review with some pictures for you all.

First off is the box and packaging here is the front.
First looks there is no ammo drum and it is a 12 dart clip as we already had worked out.

Posted Image

Next is the back with all the usual Nerf pointers with 20meter range expected.

Posted Image

Contents looks like Hasbro are going with minimum packaging staying on form with the current Elite line.
No plastic bags on the darts or blaster to protect the paint work.

Comes with one 12 dart clip and 12 darts

Posted Image

Blaster is the same size as the original Alpha Trooper.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is soooooooo quiet when you fire off a dart and it has good velocity and distance first full clip i estimate to have gone 20-25 meters fired them off in my mothers 25 foot garden 4 out of 12 hit the 6 foot fence about 3 foot high. Sorry no pictures or video to prove this so make of it what you will.

Next is some internal pictures i know you all like internals

Posted Image

Posted Image

It has all the usual annoying locks and quirks
Spring seams a little wimpy im gonna look through my springs to see it can be made better

Plunger rod there is a little dead space in the end but not much

Posted Image

Any more pictures wanted just let me know

Blastershack

Added

I'm pretty sure the Alpha Trooper is exclusive to argos in the uk so I don't know if they will be going across the pond. If I remember correctly the guy from hasbro at the toy fair said it won't be released in america for a long time at least untill argos has has there fill.
I guess its our Triad.

Edited by Blastershack, 20 March 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#2 MattTheSasquatch

MattTheSasquatch

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

The Alpha Trooper is definitely one of my favorites, so I'll be seeking this one out possibly. I happen to notice that the catch and trigger look the exact same as the original. Are they in fact the same? If so, is there possibilities to retrofit or add the OMW kit into this blaster?
You're never too old to play with Nerf Blasters.

#3 Jaynerf176

Jaynerf176

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

is there possibilities to retrofit or add the OMW kit into this blaster?

I doubt it, the catch seems slightly different in order to accomodate the direct plunger. It might be possible to use an OMW Retaliator/Rampage spring in it though.

I am really stoked for this blaster though, the AT was one of my favorite N-Strike blasters so I'm glad they revamped it for the Elite line.

Edited by Jaynerf176, 20 March 2013 - 11:50 AM.

I do reviews and mod guides, check them out here: https://www.youtube....jtOQo09ejo7bHnQ

#4 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Cool, looks like a nice upgrade to the Retaliator I use right now.

#5 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

I can't wait for this to hit stateside, thanks for the internal pics on this.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#6 Super0dp

Super0dp

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

As much as the Retaliator is useful and simple, I much prefer an Alpha Trooper for the fact that it is pump-action. I don't care that it has a range reducing barrel, I prefer ergonomics when there is only a minimal difference in performance.
Cant wait till this comes to the U.S.
Zombies beware.........
Got Tools?

#7 Rexar5

Rexar5

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

As much as the Retaliator is useful and simple, I much prefer an Alpha Trooper for the fact that it is pump-action. I don't care that it has a range reducing barrel, I prefer ergonomics when there is only a minimal difference in performance.
Cant wait till this comes to the U.S.
Zombies beware.........

Yeah, pump blasters are definitely my favorite mechanical blasters. It seems like everyone hates on the rampage, but I like it a lot more than the retaliator because it's pump. Think I'm gonna have to try an AT though. All this hype must be well deserved.

#8 Guest_Argoms_*

Guest_Argoms_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, pump blasters are definitely my favorite mechanical blasters. It seems like everyone hates on the rampage, but I like it a lot more than the retaliator because it's pump. Think I'm gonna have to try an AT though. All this hype must be well deserved.

I think the rampage/raider hate comes from the sideways magazine well with an annoying release that slows reloads.

#9 Pointman9

Pointman9

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

Looks like my pump-action Retaliator is about to get some competition....

I personally don't like the Raider or the Rampage because of that stupid sideways magwell and release, as has been stated previously.
There is no such thing as overkill. There is only cost efficiency.

#10 Defender 7

Defender 7

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

Yes! The Alpha Trooper's a great HvZ primary and once I get my hands on one, it'll be the best. I've always hated the Raider/Rampage because of the magwell. Really can't wait for this to come U.S.

Edited by Defender_7, 20 March 2013 - 11:29 PM.

I like bacon.

#11 Steampunkzombie

Steampunkzombie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Anyone know when this comes to the US of A?
My Youtube
My deviantART profile
Good things come to those who drink Pepsi
Your stupidity offends me

#12 jamesandyori

jamesandyori

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

This blaster is on the top of my wanted list!

James

#13 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

According to MyLastDart's blog, the confirmed US release date is May 15th and just like the original will be a Target Exclusive... just a heads up for those stateside jonesing for this... like me.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#14 nerfkill

nerfkill

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

i love the look of this gun and is so unique in its own way id'e love to get this new elite gun but i'm new to the hobby so i might start of with some tactical blasters like deploy cs-6 before i start modifying and plus i need to get some info on how to do stuff and not mess up my gun

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Your post quality sucks, please capitalize and use punctuation.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 13 April 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#15 AdamsNerfMods

AdamsNerfMods

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

I am really happy that Nerf is quitting with the reverse-plunger style blasters. Looks to be like a great improvement over the original. Can't wait for it to hit the US!
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

This thread is from March and you bumped it again without contributing anything.

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 19 April 2013 - 12:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users