Help with Nerf Deploy CS-6

12 replies to this topic

#1 ink625

ink625

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • State:Kentucky

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

I'm new to the forums, but it seems like this is probably the best place to post this question.

I recently picked up a Deploy CS-6 at a thrift store and it fires every single time you try it if it's loaded manually one dart at a time. However, if you load a clip into the gun it only fires about 5% of the time. It doesn't matter if the clip has 1 dart or 6, it will rarely fire. It does seem to fire better a little better with only 1 dart loaded but not much better. It also fires with the same success rate, clip or not, in the upwards position and the deployed position. The clip I'm using isn't the original that came with the gun, and I was wondering if the newer clips are maybe made slightly different in some way? I don't have an old one to compare it to right now, but it seems like they're the same except the new one has a clear side and a solid colored side instead of two solid colored sides.

If it's not the clip, what else might it be? Any help someone could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ink625

#2 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

Pictures would be very helpful: it is often hard to diagnose a problem with only a description.

Also, what darts are you using?

#3 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • State:California

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

What do you mean by 'only firing 5% of the time'?
Does the catch not release, does it not prime...

Edited by Mully, 18 March 2013 - 04:07 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#4 ink625

ink625

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Pictures would be very helpful: it is often hard to diagnose a problem with only a description.

Also, what darts are you using?

I can't post pics right this second, but I've tried it with streamline and elite darts.

To Mully:

Sorry I didn't elaborate in my original post. What I mean by 5% of the time is for every 100 or so attempted shots, it will usually only fire a handful of times, give or take and everything seems to work the same mechanically whether it fires or not. However, sometimes the dart just falls out the end of the barrel, sometimes the darts jam, sometimes the dart goes to the end of the barrel and doesn't come out, and sometimes the dart doesn't even come out of the clip. It fires 100% perfect every single time though when I load it manually 1 dart at a time instead of using a clip.

Edited by ink625, 18 March 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#5 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Check your dart tooth. Look down the barrel without any ammo or mags in the blaster, and prime it. If a little thing pops up and blocks the barrel when the handle is in the back position, and then drops back down when the handle is pushed back forward, then your dart tooth is working. If something doesn't pop up when you prime it, then it's a different problem. However, based on your description, I'd say this is the problem.

#6 Nerfomania

Nerfomania

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

I agree with the Dart tooth inclination.

If it is anything else....

Burn it.
20:45 Talio I'll have the talk with you
20:45 Talio penis in vagina
20:45 Talio fin

#7 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

Keep in mind though, since it seems you are new to the hobby, friendly advice, the Deploy is a seriously annoying blaster to work with, and performance wise there is only so much that can be done to it. While it seems very tacticool, it is not worth the hassle, try and find something else if you can.

Edited by Griever 2112, 19 March 2013 - 08:19 AM.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#8 ink625

ink625

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Keep in mind though, since it seems you are new to the hobby, friendly advice, the Deploy is a seriously annoying blaster to work with, and performance wise there is only so much that can be done to it. While it seems very tacticool, it is not worth the hassle, try and find something else if you can.

I'm actually trying to fix the gun for someone else, but I definitely see your point with all the moving/rotating parts and what not. I'd still like to get it fixed though, preferably without taking it apart, but that seems fairly unlikely at this point.

#9 Hammy

Hammy

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

I'm actually trying to fix the gun for someone else, but I definitely see your point with all the moving/rotating parts and what not. I'd still like to get it fixed though, preferably without taking it apart, but that seems fairly unlikely at this point.

The Deploy is one son of a gun to reassemble once taken apart.

added 12-hours later, if you are not experienced in modding Nerf guns, then if you disassemble the Deploy, you will (very most highly) probably not get it back together in a working mode.
Or in simpler words, totally bugger it up.

Edited by Hammy, 20 March 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#10 ink625

ink625

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

The Deploy is one son of a gun to reassemble once taken apart.

added 12-hours later, if you are not experienced in modding Nerf guns, then if you disassemble the Deploy, you will (very most highly) probably not get it back together in a working mode.
Or in simpler words, totally bugger it up.

After looking at photos of the internals, I would definitely agree it looks like it would be very tricky to reassemble. I may or may not try it, but I really don't have a whole lot to lose since I only paid 40 cents for the gun. I'll let everyone know how it plays out if I decide to disassemble. Thanks

#11 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • State:Connecticut

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

It is my understanding that some deploys were actually shipped from the factory with some sort of defect that doesn't allow them to fire properly. I have had a couple (and a few of my friends have found them too) right out of the box, they just don't work.
Progress: Just a long line of people saying "See? I told you it could be done"

#12 jamesandyori

jamesandyori

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • State:California
  • jamesandyori on Youtube

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

I followed this video to clean out my Deploy and do the AR removal.

It only took 2 tries but I got it back together in working order.

#13 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

This has exploded pictures of the Deploy, so it may be helpful to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users