Few questions, help needed!

Stryfe/stockade rattle/noise and poor range longstrike cs-6

4 replies to this topic

#1 trolleleet

trolleleet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

I have a stock stockade and stock stryfe gun which makes a lot of noise/rattle around the motor area, when its revving at full speed. I also have a barricade and 2 other stryfe guns with no problems at all. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix it? Ive tried screwing them apart, but nothing looks wrong and is screwed together tight. The noise/rattle is reduced if you put pressure around the motor area with your hands. They shoot fine and all, but its really been putting me off from using them :s

Also I just bought a longstrike cs-6 and this is my first time being EXTREMELY disappointed with a nerf gun. I dont even want to shoot with it :s It just sounds so wrong when its shooting, like a really low "bhuuuumpppfff" grenade launcher style and shoots maybe 10-15 feet max. I havent tried to open it yet, but does this sound standard for the longstrike cs-6 or could something be wrong with it? I really hope so or I might aswell just throw it in the bin, if it wasnt for the spare parts and what not.

Thanks alot and I hope I havent broken any forum rules :P

#2 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

The Stryfe and Stockade probably have loose motor mounts that rattle when revving. Since you said the screws were already tight, they are probably defective. I suggest going to the store and exchanging them for others.

Longstrikes always have poor range, but yours seems to have abnormally low ranges. You should probably try opening it up to see if there is anything wrong with it. Also, the sounds you described it making are very unclear.

Pictures of the internals of these blasters would greatly help us. It is usually required for us to figure out what is wrong with it.

#3 trolleleet

trolleleet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

The Stryfe and Stockade probably have loose motor mounts that rattle when revving. Since you said the screws were already tight, they are probably defective. I suggest going to the store and exchanging them for others.

Longstrikes always have poor range, but yours seems to have abnormally low ranges. You should probably try opening it up to see if there is anything wrong with it. Also, the sounds you described it making are very unclear.

Pictures of the internals of these blasters would greatly help us. It is usually required for us to figure out what is wrong with it.

Ill try using some other screws and see if it works, I just thought it might have been a common problem on some of the guns with motors.

Sorry I cant describe the sound better on the longstrike, it just doesnt sound or feel like a real nerf gun. I think 20-25 feet is a bit more accurate, but it just still seems awfully weak.

Why make the longest gun and call it a LONGSTRIKE, when my maverick is that much smaller and shoots twice as long?

Besides getting a scope, extra mag and a barrel thats fits really poorly on the stryfe, I feel like I have been robbed by hasbro :(

Atleast I can try mod it and not care about it if it breaks!

#4 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

I think 20-25 feet is a bit more accurate, but it just still seems awfully weak.

Why make the longest gun and call it a LONGSTRIKE, when my maverick is that much smaller and shoots twice as long?

Besides getting a scope, extra mag and a barrel thats fits really poorly on the stryfe, I feel like I have been robbed by hasbro :(

Twenty-five feet is normal for a Longstrike. All of the N-Strike blasters shoot about the same distance, whether or not they are pistols or "long-range rifles." Other people have noticed the irony of having pistols shoot farther than "long-range rifles" also, so you are not alone in your observation.

Atleast (sic) I can try (to) mod it and not care about it if it breaks!

Here are two links for modification write-ups that you may find helpful.

Link 1

Link 2

There is the Modifications Directory if you want any more.

Edited by DartSlinger, 08 March 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#5 Crater

Crater

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

a barrel thats fits really poorly on the stryfe

It seems that most/all barrel extensions fit poorly on the Stryfe. You can make them fit better by gluing some thin plastic to the front of the blue side parts of the Stryfe, next to the muzzle. That should keep the barrel extensions from being loose.
Crater is a combination of a box and a dent in the ground. (Thanks Tangerle)

I'll stand on my head and gargle peanut butter for 70 dollars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users