Supermaxx 5000 Problem

Trigger isn't working

7 replies to this topic

#1 FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 12:14 PM

I modded my Supermaxx 5000 by plugging the over-pressure valve and putting a pvc coupler on. I'm going to use a brass barrel in pvc. I did not relocate the tank like cxwq. The problem is when I pump to full pressure the trigger stops working. I pull it all the way back but I don't think the rod moves. Is there any solution to this. Also what is the purpose of the green piece in the trigger system. Do I need to put it in at all? Thanks for the help.

#2 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 12:31 PM

Well, without the green piece, it won't work. It just won't. It grabs onto a metal piece on the trigger pin, and it rotates and locks it, pulling it, releasing the air.

If you took it out without directly attaching the pin to the trigger, I can see why it won't work for you.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#3 FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:28 PM

Which way should the green piece go in? Which part hits the orange trigger piece?

#4 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:41 PM

I wish I could remember. I suggest just trying all the possibilities, just keep the case open and rotate the green piece until the three prongs line up and let you pull the pin. Just pull the trigger with the different green piece possitions until you find the one that works. I discarded my green piece, and my SM5k's case is completely shaved down to nothing and I would never be able to figure out how the position for you. I hope this helps.

For the record, did you remove the green piece, and that's why it isn't working?
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#5 FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 02:04 PM

I have tried with and without the piece. The weird thing is it works if I pump it 1-2 times, but when I give it the full 4-5 pumps it doesn't work. It is very strange. Any ideas?

#6 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 02:40 PM

I have very little knowledge about the sm5k but could it possible be due to the trigger pull on the gun is very strong therefore leading to the extra pressure exerted on the trigger. If so I would try the bic pen mod. Pm me if you don’t know what it is and that’s the problem.
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#7 FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 04:18 PM

I think I got the green peice in the right spot and now it fires, but another problem has popped up. For some reason the when I fire a small burst of air comes out. I pull again this happens again. I get 6 small bursts instead of the whole tank in one shot. Is there a way to fix this?

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 05:16 PM

Trigger pull reduction mod- or the bic pen mod, as suggested. Same thing happened to my AT2k.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users