Roughcut Turret Trouble

Please help!

11 replies to this topic

#1 Modded Brain 115

Modded Brain 115

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

After having recently removed the ARs from a Nerf Roughcut 2x4 (oppa) mysterio style (Ay, sexy ladies) and lubricated the pegs with white lithium spay, I screwed it back together and tested it. Now, when I dry fire it, it either makes a loud crack, as if the ARs were really removed, or hisses and the plunger moves very slowly. When I try to fire it with a dart, either the dart doesn't fire and it makes the same hiss, or it plops out 15 or so feet.

Most of the time, the dart doesn't fire/makes a hiss. While removing the pegs, I also accidentally Dremeled some on the outside on a few barrels; this might have something to do with it, I don't know.

Could anyone give advice or tell me what I did wrong? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: The problem has nothing to do with the ARs, as when I removed them my darts still did not fire. I also looked for leaks in the turrent, but there aren't any either.

Edited by Modded Brain 115, 14 March 2013 - 07:46 PM.

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your profile to help him gain world domination.
(")_(") (yes i found this on another profile)

#2 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

It would be great if you could get some pics up.
How bad is the damage to the barrels?

Edited by Mully, 24 February 2013 - 04:24 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#3 Modded Brain 115

Modded Brain 115

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Pics would be great to have.
Did you puncture the barrels?

What do mean by puncture?

I will try have pictures up in a few days. Sorry.
(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your profile to help him gain world domination.

#4 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

What do mean by puncture?

Creating an incision into one of the barrels with the dremel.
How badly are the barrels nicked?
S.C.U.N.

#5 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Did you remove the complete air restrictor or just the dart peg?

a loud crack

From this, it seems that you removed the complete air restrictor.

I also accidentally Dremeled some on the outside on a few barrels; this might have something to do with it, I don't know.

The dremel bumping into the inside of the barrel shouldn't have harmed anything, as long as it struck only the loose part.

You need to provide pictures and be more clear about your problem before we can help you.

Edited by DartSlinger, 24 February 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#6 Modded Brain 115

Modded Brain 115

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Creating an incision into one of the barrels with the dremel.
How badly are the barrels nicked?

There are no holes in the barrels, but the outside of the barrel is widened slightly, which might result in a leak.

Did you remove the complete air restrictor or just the dart peg?

From this, it seems that you removed the complete air restrictor.

The dremel bumping into the inside of the barrel shouldn't have harmed anything, as long as it struck only the loose part.

You need to provide pictures and be more clear about your problem before we can help you.

The complete ARs have not been removed, only the pegs that restrict stefans.

I can't get pictures up right now, but try to as soon as possible.

Edited by Modded Brain 115, 24 February 2013 - 04:42 PM.

(\__/)

#7 ginga ninja

ginga ninja

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

I believe your problem may be something coop772 mentioned in a review video for the rough cut, and i quote "if you remove the AR's on a roughcut your gun will just turn into a giant eight shot shot gun, which is cool and all but kinda pointless"

I think you may have done something to gun when you removed the AR's that does even more than this, but i have never encountered problems modding roughcuts, maybe you forgot to but something back in that has nothing to do with the AR's?

(if you remove the AR's in the gun it gets rid of some kind of mechanism that tell the gun which barrels to push air into, thus the eight shot shot gun)
"people say that Nerf is just for kids, and those people would be right, if everyone that had ever existed was a kid"

#8 mysterio

mysterio

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

There are no holes in the barrels, but the outside of the barrel is widened slightly, which might result in a leak.

The complete ARs have not been removed, only the pegs that restrict stefans.

I can't get pictures up right now, but try to as soon as possible.

It sounds like you created a random air leak hole in your assembly somewhere. Try to locate that?

I believe your problem may be something coop772 mentioned in a review video for the rough cut, and i quote "if you remove the AR's on a roughcut your gun will just turn into a giant eight shot shot gun, which is cool and all but kinda pointless"

I think you may have done something to gun when you removed the AR's that does even more than this, but i have never encountered problems modding roughcuts, maybe you forgot to but something back in that has nothing to do with the AR's?

(if you remove the AR's in the gun it gets rid of some kind of mechanism that tell the gun which barrels to push air into, thus the eight shot shot gun)

He just removed the pegs, not the valves. Its specified in the post, and you should read it a bit more clearly.

If two powerful is a problem then just go with one powerful. I guess this style of hopper will work even beyond three powerful..

15:46 *** Buff is now known as TheGdiddler
15:51 TheGdiddler I'M GONNA GRAPE YOU"

#9 Kyrativ

Kyrativ

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

I've also had issues with mine, i removed the posts now the first two shots are regular strength but the rest decline in power to the point where the last two rarely even fire. I think it's an issue with how the cap things that determine the barrel seal with the barrels. Not sure how to fix it so I'll probably just directly attach a double barrel system to each plunger, maybe integrate something in the empty space...
The only nerfer who could kick your ass with a dart tag gun but not with a xbow

NERFSTRONG #44

#10 pSyk

pSyk

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

I know that this MIGHT be negligible input but sometimes carelessness gets the best of us...

Did you install the ARs back properly in place?
If there's any particular orientation for each AR, did you make sure the orientation of each AR is aligned correct?
Did you install the ARs back in the correct order?

That might affect airflow.

Also, did you close up the turret correctly?
I've never opened up the turret myself, but I was the one who studied the AR structure and shared it online.
I watched Coop's video on modding the RC, and the reason why I'm bringing his name into this comment is because it was mentioned in an earlier reply.
Coop put his turret into boiling water to loosen up the adhesive holding the turret together.
By any chance did you accidentally warp the insides or any part of the turret? That might also affect the airflow.
Damn you, Screw!

#11 Modded Brain 115

Modded Brain 115

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

I know that this MIGHT be negligible input but sometimes carelessness gets the best of us...

Did you install the ARs back properly in place?
If there's any particular orientation for each AR, did you make sure the orientation of each AR is aligned correct?
Did you install the ARs back in the correct order?

That might affect airflow.

Also, did you close up the turret correctly?
I've never opened up the turret myself, but I was the one who studied the AR structure and shared it online.
I watched Coop's video on modding the RC, and the reason why I'm bringing his name into this comment is because it was mentioned in an earlier reply.
Coop put his turret into boiling water to loosen up the adhesive holding the turret together.
By any chance did you accidentally warp the insides or any part of the turret? That might also affect the airflow.

The ARs aren't in any orientation, but cannot interfer with the posts, in which they aren't.

I pried my turrent open using a screw driver to wedge it. The turrent is completely friction-fit; there is no reason in boiling it.
(\__/)

#12 jongscx

jongscx

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

Check to make sure that the ARs are seating correctly with the barrels. I'm thinking a piece of plastic from when you snipped the posts.

Try this to check for leaks, push a dart most of the way into the barrel, but not far enough to engage the ARs. Then, push in the bottom-most ones completely. When you fire, any AR air leaks should pop the loose darts out. If not, only the bottom ones, then you can work from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users