Photo

AR removal for Strikefire piss-tools.

or pistols, whichever tickles your fancy.

11 replies to this topic

#1 481IceDragon

481IceDragon

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Yes, I know its just something basic, but it negative twelve with 40 MPH winds, and I needed something to do. ANYWAY.

Tools needed,
Dremel
Needle nose pliers
various screwdrivers
super glue or other form of adhesive.
spare FBR, or dart.
Lubrication of some sort. Silicone based is recomended.
Posted Image

Bust apart your plunger assembly. I simply put my pliers in the small hole in the back and pryed( pry'ed? pride? pry'd? Pried? :huh: )
Posted Image

From left to right is: main plunger assembly, AR, AR spring, and Plunger assembly end cap. Throw the AR components away, and it should look like this-
Posted Image

DRILL DA HECK OUTTA DAT FING!
BAM!
Posted Image
sand it down lightly to avoid and sharp pokey things that could injure residents of the plunger, such as darts, or fingers of curious little siblings.

Add some super glue, or adhesive of choice to the top lip of the end cap, and push in to the Main assembly. Hold it down for 15 seconds for super glue, or however long your recommended curing time is for your chosen adhesive.

You should now have something closely resembling this. Add a small amount of lube to the o-ring, E-tape it, double it up, or do all of the above, as the stock seal is horse shit. Add some padding on back to prevent broken plungers.
Posted Image

Slap a supah Leet paint job on there, throw in a maverick spring, beef up your catch spring and you get something like this!
Posted Image

Rebarreling tutorial possibly coming soon!

#2 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Range?
Looks good, good job.

Edited by Mully, 18 February 2013 - 11:05 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#3 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

LOL YOU SAID PISS-TOOLS.

All you have to do is dip the end of the Inverse plunger in boiling water and it pops off, that way you have no marks on the end from pliers.

Edited by ShaNayNay, 18 February 2013 - 11:14 PM.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#4 481IceDragon

481IceDragon

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

Someone please tell me how to reply to two people at once, that would be awesome.

Mully- I cant really test range, as the weather out here is crap, and my catch's went missing... but my rough estimate is 30 feet with the springs in it, as I was getting 20ish before.

Shanaynay- Yes, but this is quicker, and actually didnt leave any marks, and it separated fairly easily. for other blasters I would definetly suggest boiling the joints. And I also cant find my OMW silicone grease either! GRR.

Thanks for the input guys.

#5 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Someone please tell me how to reply to two people at once, that would be awesome.

Hit the MultiQuote button on whatever post you wish to reply too, and then hit the 'add reply' button on the bottom of the page.

Edited by Mully, 18 February 2013 - 11:50 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#6 481IceDragon

481IceDragon

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Hit the MultiQuote button on whatever post you wish to reply too, and then hit the 'add reply' button on the bottom of the page.

Sweet thanks!

And to everyone else, 17/32 brass or 9/16 for a re barrel. I feel 17/32 is too tight and the darts don't fit in well, but I could just be looney.

#7 mysterio

mysterio

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Ragon, did you add any precompression to the springs or switch them out? Nice paintjob.

If two powerful is a problem then just go with one powerful. I guess this style of hopper will work even beyond three powerful..

15:46 *** Buff is now known as TheGdiddler
15:51 TheGdiddler I'M GONNA GRAPE YOU"

#8 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Sweet thanks!

And to everyone else, 17/32 brass or 9/16 for a re barrel. I feel 17/32 is too tight and the darts don't fit in well, but I could just be looney.

17/32" is perfect. What I do is take a set of scissors (adult size) open them up , jam one blade in the brass turn it a few times . Stock darts will fit great

#9 481IceDragon

481IceDragon

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

17/32" is perfect. What I do is take a set of scissors (adult size) open them up , jam one blade in the brass turn it a few times . Stock darts will fit great

I'll have to try that today.

EDIT: Just did a test fit and I feel that 17/32 is too tight. I tryed to shoot it out like a blowgun, and could not. I think 9/16 would better but I fit have any..

Edited by 481IceDragon, 19 February 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#10 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

I'll have to try that today.

EDIT: Just did a test fit and I feel that 17/32 is too tight. I tryed to shoot it out like a blowgun, and could not. I think 9/16 would better but I fit have any..

9/16" istoo large. You lose pressure. Take some material out of the 17/32" and elite darts fit amazing. I've only done this to my Switch shots and Firestrikes . Maybe the strike fire does not have enough ass to push it out :)

#11 481IceDragon

481IceDragon

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

9/16" istoo large. You lose pressure. Take some material out of the 17/32" and elite darts fit amazing. I've only done this to my Switch shots and Firestrikes . Maybe the strike fire does not have enough ass to push it out :)

Most likely.

#12 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

I've used 17/32 to great success in a scout, nf, etc.
It's a bit tight, but it isn't hard to get darts in if you twist.

Edited by Mully, 20 February 2013 - 02:01 PM.

S.C.U.N.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users