made 1? ideas? anything?

9 replies to this topic

#1 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 09:42 PM

Gatling gun

Cool, right? Only it shoots rubber bands. Has anyone made one that shoots darts? Any ideas to build one? All suggestions will help...except for people calling me a dueshe or something...

-NSF
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#2 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 10:02 PM

Posted Image

It's either that, or the douche thing, kid. You ain't getting much more at this point. We're a bit behind on technology for that kind of stuff.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#3 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 11:46 PM

Read other threads too, this has been talked about alot. Other than some serious fabrication, its a no go.

#4 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 02:00 PM

I have an idea for one... Still working on the clip...

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#5 jpshyboi9

jpshyboi9

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:02 PM

The new gun that came out......umm....i can't remember it......AHH YES, THE NEW CYCLONE NERF WEAPON.

Just go to www.amazon.com and search for NERF GUNS.

You should find the nerf nightfinder (good if you modify it alot) , the tech target and the cyclone.

Edited by jpshyboi9, 20 June 2004 - 09:02 PM.

#6 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:04 PM

Same here, but I don't know how well the design will work. Once I make some illustrations (that should be in a few months) , I'll post them. Even though I'm not to awake, here's an explanation of the design.

Regulated CO2 would be sent to one of the valves I posted on earlier. By opening that valve, it would go to a box with a fan blade in it, which is attached to a rod, which is attached to the barrels. The blades will spin, causing the barrels and breaches to spin. Now the tricky part: getting the breach bolts to move back. This will require some extensive metalwork with steel tubing and a spirally thingy. Once I draw some pics, you all will be able to understand this better; that and my explanation is not complete.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#7 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:53 AM

By opening that valve, it would go to a box with a fan blade in it, which is attached to a rod, which is attached to the barrels. The blades will spin, causing the barrels and breaches to spin.

VERY, very smart.

I like it, i like it a lot.

I have an idea for one... Still working on the clip...

Not to knock you back, but the whole concept of a clip on a 'gattling gun' is completely utterly stupid, everyone here is now more stupid for reading that [not to knock you back or anything :lol: ] But hey, whatever works for you, i just thought a stefan-chain would have been much more efficient and practical.

Sheesh, imagine the cost involved for making a clip for a gun, compared to that of a chain, which could be as simple as a pvc shaft, link, and connector/thingo [to be driven mechanically]

Whatever floats your boat.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#8 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:29 PM

Ammo

Gun

Now, I was also thinging about a gun like this, but then I thought abuot one, like a gatling gun, with more than one barrel. This would make firing easier, 'cause each barrel position would have it's own job. Example: One- firing, Two-cocking the spring, Three-loading a dart, Four-locking the dart in the camber so it was air tight, One-firing, etc. Now, I might just go back to this one barrel idea,as it now seems easier.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#9 Tinkerer

Tinkerer

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:45 PM

NSF, That's not a gatling gun, that's a water cooled heavy machine gun.

Taita, The first gatling guns were clip fed. Now, they're belt fed.

Here's a thought that would require a feat of mechanical timing:

you have a large tank of highly compressed air, a high pressure, rapid actuation valve, a turret, and shells made of cpvc or something.

It would work like this (considering, the gun had been fired through one revolution of the turret):

the entire gun would be controlled by a crank/motor.

at the first 1/3 turn(of the crank/motor), the turret would advance, and a new cartrige would be inserted into the turret at the top barrel, so as to make a seal, and a previously used cartrige (perhaps one at the 9 o'clock position (if the turret turned clockwise)) would be removed.

At the next 1/3 turn, a "collar" of sorts would be pushed over the end of the cartrige attached to the bottom barrel, completing the seal between the valve and the cartrige.

At the next 1/3 turn, the valve would (very quickly) open and close, firing the dart. and the collar would retract.

I'm hoping to do this soon, but it's not likely to be feasable for quite a while

Edited by Tinkerer, 21 June 2004 - 05:03 PM.

Actuall directions on some products:

On Pudding
"Product will be hot after heating"

On a Sweedish Chainsaw
"Do not try to stop with hands or genitals"
(Was alot of this happening somewhere? MY GOD!!)

#10 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:43 PM

Tinker-

NSF, thats not a gatling gun, it's a water cooled heavy machine gun

NSF-

Now, I was also thinking about a gun like this, but then I thought about one, like a gatling gun, with more than one barrel.

Did you even read my post, or did you just skim it? I helped you out by highlighting the more important stuff.

My new idea

Sorry it's hard to read.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users