Doomsayer plunger head

i dun goofed

6 replies to this topic

#1 MAV13

MAV13

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

So I got a good price on a RFSG and promptly took out the plunger and chopped the head off, intending to do what Rogue did to his over at NRev. I then realized that the parts he used for his plunger head are either in metric or some obscure size combination that I can't possibly decipher. So, my question is, has there ever been or does anyone know of a good "screw-inable" plunger head design that I could use to save my poor blaster? I believe it would have to fit around a #4 screw.

#2 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Most of what he used is imperial, and quite common, and even the metric spacer shouldn't be hard to find at a decently well stocked store. Take a list to the store and try asking the employees for exactly what Rogue suggests. The rubber washers are the only thing that should give you trouble, you may be able to cut down 1 1/2" washers to the right size.

#3 MAV13

MAV13

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

Yeah I believe he used 1-3/8" rubber washers. How would you suggest cutting a 1.5" down to size? Also tomorrow I will try Lowe's and Ace Hardware to see if they have the appropriate pieces.

#4 popatachi

popatachi

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Venom also sells a rfsg plunger rod that will work with the stock plunger tube. It's $35 shipped which is a bit more expensive than getting the individual plunger head pieces, but it is an option if you're not able to acquire everything. Here's the thread, just scroll down and you should see it listed there.

Venom's Thread

Edited by popatachi, 15 February 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#5 makeitgo

makeitgo

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Bring your plunger tube to Home Depot and test out bath tub plugs. I use one in mine and it seals 100%. I can't remember the exact model but I know that one of the plugs they sell, fits perfectly.

Posted Image
Just cut that nub off, flush, drill a hole in the centre and screw it on. It's that easy.

Edited by makeitgo, 15 February 2013 - 01:45 PM.

"...he is one speedy bastard." ~ Cheyner

#6 MAV13

MAV13

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Bring your plunger tube to Home Depot and test out bath tub plugs. I use one in mine and it seals 100%. I can't remember the exact model but I know that one of the plugs they sell, fits perfectly.

Posted Image
Just cut that nub off, flush, drill a hole in the centre and screw it on. It's that easy.

Thanks a lot. This may be just what I needed.

EDIT: 1 1/8" Danco Rubber Drain Stopper did the trick! Thanks MiG!!
Posted Image

Edited by MAV13, 15 February 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#7 makeitgo

makeitgo

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

You're welcome. I actually put it on the other way. But if it works and you're happy with it, kudos!

Thanks a lot. This may be just what I needed.

EDIT: 1 1/8" Danco Rubber Drain Stopper did the trick! Thanks MiG!!
Posted Image

"...he is one speedy bastard." ~ Cheyner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users