Photo

Announcing The First Annual Now (nerf Oregon War)

26 replies to this topic

#1 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:50 PM

Alright I've been a member on the forums here for a bit and there's never (according to my nerf war knowledge) been an official nerf out in oregon so as of 2006 there is going to be a semi-annual Nerf Oregon War. Ogopogo and I are organizing the war and there are no official dates yet, but contact us or more prefferably post in this thread if you are able to attend. There is going to be one war around spring time and one during the fall. The wars will be held at my house which is located about 30 min. south of Salem. I know to about %99 of you this post doesn't apply but I wanted to announce this so I can get the word out. I will have pictures of the location up tommorrow.

I credit Ogopogo for taking the initiative to try and organize something I was too lazy to start by myself

#2 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:42 PM

Like i said on HQ march sounds good to me

#3 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:27 PM

30 minutes south of Salem? So that would be in the Albany area? Most weekends I'm in Corvallis so barring a work trip I should be able to make it.

I have a pretty good stock of unmoddified guns that I could bring to sell if anyone would be interested.

#4 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:22 PM

It's not quite in albany, about 15-20 minutes outside of town. I live on the outskirts of a tiny town called Scio, not sure if you've heard of it. That would be great if you can come. It's looking like a pretty small war, but we don't need an extremely large amount of people to have an enjoyable afternoon of nerfing. If your prices are cheap I'd be interested in most of your guns. As for where we are nerfing at, here are a few pictures of my place.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:38 PM

I'm pretty fair with prices for nerf guns, flexible with things as well and I like to haggle. I'm sure we can work something out. No shipping to deal with so that's always a plus.

Anyway it looks like a Christmas tree farm, sweet. Do you guys hunt white truffles there? It looks like a good place to play. I haven't really been in a war before, are you guys tooled up for micro stefans or mega stefans?

#6 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:29 PM

All my guns shoot micro stefans i hope thats what all of us are useing. I can bring about 3 freinds can any of you bring anyone.

#7 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:50 PM

At this point is looks like it's just going to be me. I think that most of what I have shoots micro stefans so that's good.

I've never been to Scio but I think I saw a sign pointing toward it on the way to Silver Falls.

#8 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:58 AM

Yes, it is a christmas tree farm during december and a small tamed forest during the other months. I can probably muster up 1 or 2 people so at the least we'll have 6 people, I can probably round up a few more friends but 3 on 3 is at least playable. Playing "Attack and Defend" with the tree fort in the picture is extremely fun. I too use only micros so that shouldn't be much of a problem. As for dates, march is fine, I just need a couple weeks notice to take the day off from work.

#9 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:41 AM

Any time during the weekend would be great as weekdays would be hard for me to swing. I think March is pretty much free at this point but I'll have to check to see if I have any trips. The sooner we can firm up a date the better. Wait a second, I'm pretty sure that the weekend of the 18th I'll be unavailable as guests will be in from out of town.

That fort does look pretty sweet.

#10 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:36 PM

I would like if we had a few rules for the war. Rule number 1 all guns allowed. Rule number 2 eye protection is manditory. And thats it. PS jake your area looks perfect. i like that rule also. Rule 3 once you are eliminated you raise your gun over your head with both hands and walk off the field and no one is supposed to shoot that person.

Edited by ogopogo, 04 January 2006 - 07:34 PM.

#11 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:49 AM

Double checked and I had the wrong month in mind, all of March is clear for me right now though I do have some scheduling this afternoon.

I've always liked the rule that once you are eliminated you raise your gun over your head with both hands and walk off the field and no one is supposed to shoot that person. Of course I've never been in a war before so I don't know how well this works in practice.

The other two rules seem fine to me.

#12 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:31 PM

We need to tack down a war date spork boy what days in martch sound good for you.

#13 SolidiusSaint

SolidiusSaint

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:32 PM

;) Damn tobad I don't live in oregon. That place looks like a holy nerf war zone of death and foam. :P

Edited by SolidiusSaint, 05 February 2006 - 10:33 PM.

Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War, We Have Never Known Of This But, Know This I Will Indeed Enjoy

#14 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:38 PM

;) Damn tobad I don't live in oregon. That place looks like a holy nerf war zone of death and foam. :P

That post was pointless. And I mean no disrespect to Oregon Nerfers, but there are far greater Nerf hot spots around the country than Oregon. Some simple reading of the Nerf War forum and the Frappr will tell you that.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#15 SolidiusSaint

SolidiusSaint

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:41 PM

Dude I live in boring old Molly mormon f***ing Utah, there is no place to nerf around this barren waste land of culty blood bath BAHAHAHAH! ;)
Only The Dead Have Seen The End Of War, We Have Never Known Of This But, Know This I Will Indeed Enjoy

#16 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:43 PM

Dude I live in boring old Molly mormon f***ing Utah, there is no place to nerf around this barren waste land of culty blood bath BAHAHAHAH! ;)

Stop acting like an idiot. Read the forum before you post again, so you know how we expect you to act. If you refuse or can't do this, there is no other choice than to suspend you for the next 9999 days.

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#17 SolidiusSaint

SolidiusSaint

• Banned
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:45 PM

Uh Sorry but I don't really understand what you wrote, I did read the forum I was just commenting on how cool that place is sorry ;) don't boot me form Nerf Haven

#18 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:51 PM

Uh Sorry but I don't really understand what you wrote, I did read the forum I was just commenting on how cool that place is sorry  ;)  don't boot me form Nerf Haven

You had 28 posts today? Christ Almighty, how on earth did you get it into your head to post 28 times in a day? This forum is about quality posting, and from what I can tell your posting rampage has been anything but quality.

Like I said above, READ this forum. By that I mean, take at least a week off and actually read old topics. There are plenty of examples of how to act. Just look at the majority of our forum members with over 400 posts. They know how to act on this forum, because otherwise they'd be gone.

If I see another post by you in the next week that isn't a major contribution to this forum, I will suspend you. Jackass.

EDIT:

So what if I wrote 28 messages today? How does that affect anything, and by the way the main reason of forums is to bring people together and talk about stuff. THIS ISSN'T CHINA this is not a communist forum where poeple have to be told how many messages people can type or what they say and every message that I have said except for about 2 have been very important and lagit so why don't you go suck a big fat foam dick and while your at it start working out you lurp because I will come and kick your ass if you yell at me. THIS IS A FREE FUCKING COUNRTY I CAN SAY WHAT THE FUCK I WANT WHEN I WANT AND HOW I WANT and yes I have to accept the concequences but You don't give me any respect here, I try and ask a question and your like "don't say that it hurts my bandwidth, blah blah blah" You know that I am smarter then you so don't say another word. But I know your not becasue right after you read this message your just gonna ban me for ever so whats the point really well its to say my OPINION ABOUT NERF SHIT SO GO FUCK A NERF GUN (Preferably a Titan) ASS!

My response:

SolidiusSaint,

Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended. This is largely due to the fact that you told an admin to go fuck himself with a Titan, among other things. Since it's such a free country, I'm suspending your ass.

Your account will not be functional until Jun 22 2033, 11:04 PM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php

#19 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:08 PM

Jackass.

Since it's such a free country, I'm suspending your ass.

Eye Heart Shindig

Edited by One Man Clan, 05 February 2006 - 11:09 PM.

I hate you.

#20 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:18 PM

I sincerely apologize to ogopogo and the rest of the Oregon guys for letting this happen in this topic. I wish you the best of luck organizing this war, and if you would like me to split this topic up, I will do my best to do so.

#21 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

Its ok im glad you took care of him thank you very mutch.

#22 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:14 PM

Ok we have a date it will be the second saturday in march i hope to see you there spork boy post any questions regaudeing the rules.

#23 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:53 AM

Fortunately the second Saturday (the 11th) looks like it will work out for me since a Houston trip fell through the week before. I'm going to have to clean out my trunk to bring everything that I want to bring but it should be worth it. There will be good deals in great volume. Now I just have to get some mods done and make a batch of darts.

#24 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:15 PM

Sweet i cant waint, can you bring any one with you spork?

#25 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:43 AM

There are times I hate living out in Prineville (AKA: BFE), Oregon.

Now is one of those times. :cry:

Good luck organizing a war. If I lived anywhere closer I'd so be there. But alas, I do not.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users