Photo

Exclusive pics of new 2013 blasters and new ranges

In a conference with Hasbro - check it out!

42 replies to this topic

#1 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

EDIT: Original source is updated with new information and inside info has been released from my NDA. Please give:

Feedback on what you like/don't like - I need to know WHY!!

Langley - i'm correcting and updating this as I can as it happens. I cant pm you again. This is going to be bit of a mess as a type and post on the fly. Bear with me!

Hasbro is hoping to hit the mark with its next high-profile launch — a new brand of Nerf toys aimed specifically at girls.

The line, is called Nerf Rebelle, will feature projectiles that have the same power as the top items in the brand’s Nerf Elite line — but come wrapped in a prettier package and designed to encourage the collaborative play Hasbro has found girls prefer.

Princesses can own the first Rebelle product — called the Heartbreaker bow — this fall.

Rebelle immediately brings to mind Lego Friends, a new line of female-driven products that helped to increase Lego's profits by 36% last year — even as critics accused the toy company of promoting gender stereotypes. May I remind them to look at the male toy oven set?

I asked John Frascotti, Global Chief Marketing Officer of Hasbro if the aim is to increase outreach to females in the popular Nerf range aimed predominantly at boys, he told me

"Hasbro isn’t worried that Rebelle pigeonholes girls or reinforces the ideology of separate spheres."

Posted Image

What girls wanted, he says was Nerf toys that boast both high performance and a design made especially for them.

“Just to be clear, we could have taken some of our Nerf blasters and just made them pink and put them in pink packages — but that’s not what we did,”

Frascotti explained. Trying to encourage girls to buy existing Nerf toys or easing up the gendered overtones of those products was never really on the table:

“This is an entirely ground-up effort.”
Thanks to all that research, Rebelle differs from other Nerf lines in several key ways. The Heartbreaker bow comes with collectable darts bearing different colors and designs; there’s a Rebelle app that allows girls to play collaboratively and encourages teamwork; the bow’s size and ergonomics have been tweaked so that girls as young as 6 can activate it easily.

The product’s main philosophy, though, is in line with that of the Nerf toys that came before it.

“Nothing is really addressing this big opportunity for girls to be active and play,”
Frascotti said.

“Parents are concerned about the amount of time kids are spending in sedentary activities, in front of a screen of some sort.”
By contrast you can see how Rebelle promotes exercise and socialization in a way that will hopefully appeal to girls who have no interest in sports as well as budding athletes.

But what about that name, “Heartbreaker” — which seems to inject an element of romance that wouldn’t be there if the bow were designed for boys, or even made to be gender neutral?

“I think sometimes maybe adults are more concerned with these things than girls are,” Frascotti said. “I think the girls we tested it with just thought it was a cool name and they loved playing the role of a power princess standing shoulder to shoulder with a white knight.”

Fans actively helping create next gen - thank you all bloggers for spreading the word of brand love
Franchises will be empowered to create RESPECTABLE and QUALITY fans expect from Hasbro blasters. Franchises will do Nerf accessories and handle demand with Hasbro guidance and support.
Parts brokerage. Specific stock. scope, etc you don't have to buy a whole blaster for just that stock
Franchises help reducing operation cost - note 10% work force cut at Hasbro
Asia > EU > US. Asia is a massive emerging market, more spending power as time goes on. This is something that will be pushed in a big way. Sounded like Asia MAY have monopoly of hot products and future exclusives (they make more babies, more kids, growing GDP - they want Nerf more!).
US market is slowing - in negative growth: sales -0.3%. Electronics are not an excuse (Tablets, etc)
There will be a Renewal drive, regen love for Nerf in US. Dart Tag in hands of fans/TRU. (Note: Nerf has a very special place for Hasbro in the US, and they have plans to revamp this, and do a resurge of marketing/exclusives).

Source of updates

Exclusive New York Toy Fair pics of new blasters, and finally my NDA eases up a bit:

Some good friends are giving us the heads up from New York Toy Fair 2013, so stay tuned for some hot pics!

Hit fresh as I get the pics and prepare to hit you with some info on the blasters themselves from my own hands on experience!

"Nerf N-Strike Mega Blazin' Bow

Who’s ready for MEGA NERF action? Send MEGA sized foam arrows soaring across the sky with the NERF N-STRIKE MEGA BLAZIN’ BOW toy. The BLAZIN’ BOW toy features an authentic compound bow design that you simply pull back, aim, and release to fire the MEGA foam arrows. The MEGA BLAZIN’ BOW toy can hit targets from up to an impressive 40 feet away, and comes complete with integrated storage for additional foam MEGA arrows. Includes three MEGA foam arrows. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide and HasbroToyShop.com. Price will be around £19.99gbp"

"Nerf Vortex Revonix360 Blaster

Amp up freestyle foam blasting performance with the NERF VORTEX REVONIX360 blaster which achieves the farthest VORTEX distance yet, up to 70 feet! This disc blaster features new, awesome deco and has a revolving drum that rotates each time you fire the blaster. Plus, the SLAM FIRE Handle gives you total control over your rate of fire – blast a single shot or hold the trigger down and slide the handle repeatedly to unleash an unstoppable stream of discs. Includes 30 multi-colour XLR discs. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide and HasbroToyShop.com. Price will be around £39.99gbp. This new sub-category blaster fires TWO discs at once"

It would appear that many of the blasters I played with are missing from the New York Toy Fair - i'm hoping contacts there can do a thorough job of checking Nerf stand out.

The Nerf N-Strike Mega Blazin' Bow is really a work of genius. It's so light-weight and balanced that accuracy is king even when running. You are able to time dead-on shots and a perfect addition to any Nerfers loadout - even for HvsZ players. There is so much room for potential modding.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Source of updates

Edited by MyLastDart, 10 February 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#2 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

This is going to be bit of a mess as a type and post on the fly. Bear with me!

Fans actively helping create next gen - thank you all bloggers for spreading the word of brand love
Franchises will be empowered to create RESPECTABLE and QUALITY fans expect from Hasbro blasters. Franchises will do Nerf accessories and handle demand with Hasbro guidance and support.
Parts brokerage. Specific stock. scope, etc
Franchises help reducing operation cost - note 10% work force cut
Asia > EU > US. Sounds like to me Asia will have monopoly of hot products (they make more babies, more kids - they want NErf more! hah) . US market is slowing - in negative growth? -0.3%

So uhh...do you plan to expand these notes into an actual article of some sort, or what? This live-blogging thing you're doing is a little out of place here.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#3 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

How dare Hasbro call that thing a Crossbow. It looks more like a Roughcut four shot revolver with a stock. Is this the awe-inspiring stuff you promised, or something else?

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#4 pop tart

pop tart

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hot damn. The bow looks like a big plunger tube, maybe even hopperable! The rest
of this post deleted for DartSlinger's viewing pleasure.

Edited by pop tart, 09 February 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#5 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

How dare Hasbro call that thing a Crossbow. It looks more like a Roughcut four shot revolver with a stock. Is this the awe-inspiring stuff you promised, or something else?

Get over it. Crossbows are ass and no one uses them at actual wars.

The new stuff looks pretty good to me. I actually like the paint jobs they've chosen.

And apps for teamwork? Fuck yeah new game types.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#6 CigarBaby

CigarBaby

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Finally, something for my girlfriend! I was always terrible at picking presents for her birthday. Now I'll just get her a Heartbreaker Bow! Hmmm, I wonder if she'll dump me?

Anyways, the new line looks pretty interesting. It looks like some pretty cool mods can come out of it.

#7 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Yeah, fake homemade Crossbows are all the rage these days.

These new blasters do look like they have some modification potential; it is nice to see the turret make its way back to the scene. I don't think there has been an automatic rotating 4 dart barrel since Larami.

#8 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

@ShayNayNay no this is not even the surface of what Hasbro has in store. Be excited, think out the box, get excited!!!

What potential mods do we see here, at face value obviously! I'm very surprised by the feedback it has had, some guys hate it, some guys get past the paintjob and say they got their own plans for painting a mean one up!

You guys Tough Enough to wear Pink?

#9 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

How dare Hasbro call that thing a Crossbow. It looks more like a Roughcut (sic) four shot revolver with a stock.

Since when did Hasbro call it a crossbow? And no, it doesn't look at all like a Rough Cut.

Hot damn. The bow looks like a big punger tube, and its awesome too!
NoM,TED, moderators, LANGLEY, we have your new blaster! Insert Photoshoped pic of
Langley as a phat gurl here.

Edit: the darts in the bow look like elites in a sexy, dildo ish disguise.

Yay, my phone does not red squiggly line "dildo"!!!1

1) Your point? I don't even know what you're trying to say. (But I sense perversity.)

Edit: the darts in the bow look like elites in a sexy, dildo ish disguise.

2) You are a pervert: especially to even think of that when the discussion is about a toy for little girls.

punger, Photoshoped, phat, gurl, dildo ish

3) I don't know what special learning center you typed that from, but please learn how to spell.

4) Learn coherence. It's called spell check.

Yes, people do. It's called a Pacbow.

Yeah, fake homemade Crossbows are all the rage these days. It is nice to see the turret make its way back to the scene. I don't think there has been an automatic rotating 4 dart barrel since Larami.

How are fake crossbows all the rage? What are you talking about when you say "Fake."

It is nice to see the turret make its way back to the scene.

How is the turret making it's way back to the scene? This blaster doesn't use a turret.

Edited by DartSlinger, 09 February 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#10 CigarBaby

CigarBaby

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Since when did Hasbro call it a crossbow? And no, it doesn't look at all like a Rough Cut.

1) Your point? I don't even know what you're trying to say. (But I sense perversity.)

2) You are a pervert: especially to even think of that when the discussion is about a toy for little girls.

3) I don't know what special learning center you typed that from, but please learn how to spell.

[/size]

How are fake crossbows all the rage? What are you talking about when you say "Fake."

How is the turret making it's way back to the scene? This blaster doesn't use a turret.

Click on the link at the bottom of the original post. A couple more things may make sense to you. I believe Shanaynay's fake homemade crossbows are plusbows and snapbows and a couple other homemade designs.

Edited by CigarBaby, 09 February 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#11 pop tart

pop tart

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

[/size]

Sorry, Mr. Backseat Moderator.Although by doing this I am sort of backseat moderating
myself. Sorry anyways. You know what nevermind. I will just delete most of my post so
you don't have to wook at sumfing that might hurt your pwiddy widdle mind. Yeah I go to a special learning center, a gifted school. Do you know what gifted means, Darty? It means on standardized tests, I was in the 90th percentile or better. I personally was in the 98th. That means I'm smarter than around 98% of people in my grade level that took the test in the USA or maybe its just Ohio, I dunno.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Edited by Langley, 09 February 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#12 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Click on the link at the bottom of the original post. A couple more things may make sense to you. I believe Shanaynay's fake homemade crossbows are plusbows and snapbows and a couple other homemade designs.

This statement perfectly explains what I was saying. Thank-you.

Dartslinger, thank you for backseat moderating; without your services I have no idea what we would do without you.

@ShayNayNay no this is not even the surface of what Hasbro has in store. Be excited, think out the box, get excited!!!

By all means I am excited for this new stuff, but if this had turned out to be the reason you were freaking out for new stuff, my opinion would be that you really overreacted. However that is not the case, and I am happy to see this new stuff as well as know that even more great blasters are on their way. And thank you for keeping the community updated on this.

Edited by ShaNayNay, 09 February 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#13 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

While I don't have any particular issue with the OP, the replies in this thread are essentially just speculation, and we have a rule against speculation threads. I'm usually willing to let that slide, if people are having a mature and reasonable discussion, but that's obviously not the case. The next person to flame, or argue, or bitch, or make a wild ass guess, or make any other post with little or not value is getting suspended for a minimum of two weeks.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#14 Shralla

Shralla

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

My girlfriend says, "These kind of make me want to kill myself."

To be fair she likes the little single-shot pistol mostly for being more ergonomic than the previous ones. Honestly that just might be a better design in general since it seems like it would be easier to pull out of a pocket.

#15 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Incoherent nonsense.

Self-righteous buttfrustration.

I'm going to have to start another vote, aren't I.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#16 Super0dp

Super0dp

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

I don't why everyone is bitching because these are really cool! Hell I would even buy them because a pink nerf gun would be sweet! I see some modding potential and I like how they look ergonomic and smooth.
Got Tools?

#17 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Any info on new accessories?

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#18 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Original post has been updated, with further exclusive info and pics. Please can we keep it constructive and on point. Refrain from flaming, abusing each other and being derogatory. Many thanks.

#19 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Do you have any information on how the revonix360 loads?
It looks pretty incredible.
I also noticed a praxis and other vortex guns repaints, is their any difference between the old vortex and the new?
Do you have any information on how large the pt is on the heartbreaker/blazi'n bow?
Thanks again for the info.
S.C.U.N.

#20 Chaos-blades

Chaos-blades

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

It all looks good to me.

I like the shapes of the new blasters (both the mega bow and the girly blasters), it seems to be a throw back to some of the older lines.

Colour isn't an issue for me, but I like that the idea of a pattern on the gun itself.

I like it all, except the heartbreaker bow, that's a little too Katniss Everdeen for me.

As for the issue over calling one of them a crossbow, who cares, how many blasters have shart names anyway??? e.g rough cut, vigilon, praxis
- "I'll have a Farmer's Union Iced Coffee thanks"
- "sorry we don't have Farmer's Union, we've got Oak if you like"
- "Looks like it'll be nothing for me then"

#21 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

As a father with a 4 year old daughter, who loves my sonic Longstrike and Longshot. The Rebelle line is a nice way to introduce Nerf blasters to girls. But the theme could use a little refining. My daughter will probably like it cause she is the type of kid to dress up like a princess and then play in the mud. But I showed the line to my wife, her instant reaction was "why do they have to be pink?"

The design is fine, although that bow looks small, but adding other colors like red or purple might not be a bad idea.

Edited by Griever 2112, 10 February 2013 - 09:08 AM.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#22 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

As a father with a 4 year old daughter, who loves my sonic Longstrike and Longshot. The Rebelle line is a nice way to introduce Nerf blasters to girls. But the theme could use a little refining. My daughter will probably like it cause she is the type of kid to dress up like a princess and then play in the mud. But I showed the line to my wife, her instant reaction was "why do they have to be pink?"

The design is fine, although that bow looks small, but adding other colors like red or purple might not be a bad idea.

There is a larger sister to the Xcross shot. Griever some great points - would you mind asking your wife why that was her reaction? What did she expect to see? What colours in her mind are more befitting? Thank you!

Posted Image

This si a slam-fire/pump action 6 barrel Bowcaster. Bowcaster? Yep. It has a unique bow primer system. Big sisters never looked so good!

Edited by MyLastDart, 10 February 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#23 Ivan S

Ivan S

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

There is a larger sister to the Xcross shot. Griever some great points - would you mind asking your wife why that was her reaction? What did she expect to see? What colours in her mind are more befitting? Thank you!

That was my reaction too, because some girls like colors other than pink. My suggestion to Hasbro for selling guns to girls would be to stop putting 18 year old marines on their box art, and start using normal kids, some of whom are girls.

That's not to say that blasters targeted at girls are a completely bad idea, but these seem like the femininity aspect is a bit overdone.

Edited by Ivan S, 10 February 2013 - 12:30 PM.

You can never take nerf too seriously, but you can easily take yourself too seriously.
~Talio

#24 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

That was my reaction too, because some girls like colors other than pink. My suggestion to Hasbro for selling guns to girls would be to stop putting 18 year old marines on their box art, and start using normal kids, some of whom are girls.

That's not to say that blasters targeted at girls are a completely bad idea, but these seem like the femininity aspect is a bit overdone.

Noted Ivan S - thank you for the feedback.

After heavy research, this is the demographic they found suiting the blaster:
Posted Image

#25 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I kinda like the wing artwork. Maybe paint the rest of the blaster another color, and get a bright primary color on the wing. That'd look pretty neat. I think splatter painting these could tun out pretty well too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users