Nerf Firefly Singling Help

4 replies to this topic

#1 emmetthr

emmetthr

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts
  • State:South Carolina

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

Ok, I recently purchased a Nerf Firefly and decided to single it. I had seen a write up on the subject, so I attempted it. I simply used gorilla glue and duct tape to attach a section of PVC pipe directly to the plunger tube. However, after it was finished, I dry-fired a few times and tried firing darts. When I dry-fired though, it did not sound or feel as though air was being pushed out, and when I fired darts, they simply did not come out. Can any of you experienced modders tell me what could have happened? Many thanks in advance, and my apologies for any mistakes I may have made. I am only posting this because I could not find this information through Google or the Nerfhaven forum search. Again, thank you for any help.

-emmetthr

#2 Modded Brain 115

Modded Brain 115

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:The center of the observable universe (Atlanta, Georgia)
  • State:Georgia

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Adding some pictures would greatly help.
EDIT: What barrel are you using? How long? What darts are you using? This could be caused by your air seal attaching the barrel to the plunger is bad or the barrel is too tight/long.

Edited by Modded Brain 115, 08 February 2013 - 12:12 PM.

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your profile to help him gain world domination.
(")_(") (yes i found this on another profile)

#3 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

1. Gorilla glue take forever to dry.

2. Use a coupler instead of gluing a pipe right into it.

3. The barrel may be too tight for the darts, casing air to escape from the point where you attached the barrel.

4. Add springs to make it stronger (dont ask I don't know which).

5. Don't dry fire your blaster for fun. Who told you that was a smart idea?

6. Epoxy cement would probably work better, If I remember the PT for the firefly is an odd material.

That's really all. You don't need pictures to be able to figure out that gluing and duct taping a barrel into place wouldn't create a good air seal.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#4 Alfatrooper

Alfatrooper

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • State:Connecticut
  • 1001zach on Youtube

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

You said that you were using PVC. That will give you a bad fit on darts and most of the air will go around the dart. Since there is little resistance the plunger will travel fast causing a dry-fire. I would recommend sanding 1/2in CPVC and then bonding it inside of your existing barrel. Also adding craft foam to the plunger head will reduce the amount of damage per shot.

See you on the field, Alfatrooper                                                                                             My YouTube

#5 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

I'm going to be as constructive as possible here:

It's really, really obvious that you haven't done much in the way of reading mods before you jumped into this one. If you had, you have already learned that:

1) Gorilla Glue and duct tape are poor adhesives.
2) Singling a Firefly is silly.
3) NH prefers pictures in its question threads.
4) there are techniques for troubleshooting a non-firing blaster. (Hint: seal the plan of your hand over the end of the barrel and dry fire. Does the plunger slow? If not, you have a bad seal. But then, if you had read more mods, you'd know that you have a bad seal because you used Gorilla Glue and duct tape.)

It's cool that you jumped right in to a mod, but really...research is in order. Read up on it. There's a wealth of information in older threads, even ones that don't necessarily pertain to what you're trying to do.

No more good can come of this thread. Read moar.

Closed.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users