Tommy Mech 20 Voltage Increase, Stock Mod

Good stuff

6 replies to this topic

#1 Silent Sniper 529

Silent Sniper 529

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Basically, all this gun really is an experiment for a later gun. So here is my new gun I have finally finished! (took me about three months from start to finish due to my schedule) I decided to do a write up on it.

Warning: PICTURE HEAVY!!!

What you'll need:
Tommy Mech 20 (no shit)
Soldering Gun
Solder
Wire
9-volt connector
9-volt battery
Hot Glue
PVC stuff
Adhesives (Bondo, Epoxy, Epoxy putty, etc.)

Undo all the screws. First the stock, then the body.
Posted Image
Here is an internals picture for reference.
Posted Image
Unsolder the wires on the back of the battery tray.
Posted Image
Remove all the metal plates in the tray.
Posted Image
Remove this if you want to paint the inside.
Posted Image
Dremel out all this crap to fit the 9-volt battery in.
Posted Image
Remove all the trigger parts to paint.
Posted Image
Get rid of that annoying trigger guard.
Posted Image
Open up the holes on the entrance and exit to the flywheel part of the gun.
Posted Image
Solder the 9-volt connector to the two loose ends. Attach the 9-volt and tape it in the battery tray.
Posted Image
Put everything back in add a stock and presto! A new 40-foot-flat primary! I decided to paint mine up.
Posted Image
Posted Image
My link
Questions? Comments? Flames? Let me know!

-Silentsniper529

Edited by Silent Sniper 529, 05 February 2013 - 07:28 PM.

"That's some hate."

#2 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Nice paintjob, but next time don't paint the inside; it is a waste of paint as no one sees it, and It can could your blaster to perform less reliably depending on the blaster. I wouldn't call it a primary at just 40 ft. unless you nerf indoors.

And to all the people who can't wait to get on here and ask why he didn't mod a Stryfe, its because the Stryfe wasn't available three months ago and he wanted to mod this blaster.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#3 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Nice paintjob, but next time don't paint the inside; it is a waste of paint as no one sees it, and It can could your blaster to perform less reliably depending on the blaster. I wouldn't call it a primary at just 40 ft. unless you nerf indoors.

And to all the people who can't wait to get on here and ask why he didn't mod a Stryfe, its because the Stryfe wasn't available three months ago and he wanted to mod this blaster.

Why wouldn't you paint the inside. You can see through the split in the shell. Also, many guns have some parts inside exposed on the outside. Not to mention if you shine a light over a gun the stock color will appear through.
Gino

#4 Silent Sniper 529

Silent Sniper 529

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Yes, the color will show through if you don't paint the inside. It makes the color more solid.
"That's some hate."

#5 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Why wouldn't you paint the inside. You can see through the split in the shell. Also, many guns have some parts inside exposed on the outside. Not to mention if you shine a light over a gun the stock color will appear through.

I've never had this issue. It's not really worth arguing about, perhaps it varies with the paint color and type. My blasters painted with black Krylon Fusion do not have this problem.

And I would also like to point out that excluding the hole for the flywheels, no part of this blaster exposes the inside. I feel like people are arguing for the sake of arguing.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#6 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

I've never had this issue. It's not really worth arguing about, perhaps it varies with the paint color and type. My blasters painted with black Krylon Fusion do not have this problem.

And I would also like to point out that excluding the hole for the flywheels, no part of this blaster exposes the inside. I feel like people are arguing for the sake of arguing.

Good point, but I personally like to paint the entire shell in case I ever saw part of the gun or do an integration.
Gino

#7 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

It's always nice to see older blasters given a modern treatment. Clean write-up, good pictures, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users