Powerclip Qestions

I Have Some

10 replies to this topic

#1 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 12:46 PM

I am working on a Intergration for the Powerclip and the SM750. A varyation (sp?) of Webbzter's mod on NE. I also have some qestions about the Powerclip itself. Here they are:

1) Should I plug the release valve on my Powerclip?

2) Has someone ever replaced their airtank on a Powerclip?

3) What are some things to do to the existing airtank?

4) Where is a good place to get more Powerclip clips?

Please answer these qestions in detail and with links. (Prefered)

~Halfling~

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 01:13 PM

As for number 3, I'd say just put some rubber bands on it. I haven't seen any other documented mods for many of the other ones, although I think it was Cx and Spoon? I think they tried an external air chamber- a backpack of sorts.

~ompa

#3 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:24 PM

I'll try my hand at these questions

That I don't know, I'd air on the side of no because that release valve keeps the bladder from getting too big. If you plugged it and kept pumping you could stress the case enough to damage it.

Not sure

I know you can take a piece of bicycle inner tube and sleeve it over the exhisting tank, that and lots of rubber bands. This gives you increased range and ROF. You can shorten the tank, I don't think this is a productive mod and I forget what it's supposed to do.

The best place to get a spare clip is from another power clip, preferably a broken one. These were never offered as a stand alone item so the only way to get one is to take it from a power clip.

#4 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:02 PM

I am working on a Intergration for the Powerclip and the SM750. A varyation (sp?) of Webbzter's mod on NE. I also have some qestions about the Powerclip itself. Here they are:

Please answer these qestions in detail and with links. (Prefered)

~Halfling~

I'll be making more clips this summer. Gotta love that Powerclip. Fits in an attache case real nice.
"If I want something pretty, Ill paint a picuture. Courtesy of Shortshit" -THIRST

#5 CheeseNerfer

CheeseNerfer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:26 PM

Wait, so your making PC clips, I considered it but didn't think I could make a good enough mold out of clay so I gave up, but yeah everybody wants mor PC clips and I would by like 5 of those if they were cheap, what price are you thinking. I'm assuming they will be plastic?
"Ahh The Power Of Cheese"

#6 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:28 PM

CheeseNerfer, please don't hijack my thread. Just PM him and he'll tell you all about them, I'm sure.

Keep the answers comin'!

By the the way, I'm moving in two weeks, so I won't be on these forums for awhile. The computers getting packed tommorrow. So, goodbye for now!
Nerf on.

~Halfling~

Edited by 1/2 Newb 1/2 Nerfer, 18 June 2004 - 09:33 PM.

#7 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:40 PM

See ya soon, 1/2 'n 1/2!!! ;)

Well, If you guys are making a PC clip, tell me how and I might be able to make a RF20 clip.

Oh, and shortening the air tank would probable make the gun lose some power.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#8 BoltMasterZero

BoltMasterZero

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 09:42 AM

I've been able to make them also. Heck, I could sell them but they'd cost you. Very expensive. If anyone is interested you can PM me.

#9 Namm

Namm

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 19 June 2004 - 10:07 PM

On plugging the release valve. There is a release valve on the air bladder itself, when it gets to its maximum size, or just before, the end of the bladder is forced up against the case of the gun, and a small push valve on the bladder lets out air. There is one of these on the wildfire and im pretty sure its on the rf20 too.

#10 Katachi

Katachi

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:33 PM

The PC clips will be made out of a durable, high grade resin. Not solid, of course, that would probably be too heavy for the pc to advance...

As for replacement air tanks, we found some wierd "water worm" type things at Wal Mart a while ago. It's one of those things you hook up to the water faucet, and it fills with water, Then you can unclip the nozzle and spray people with it. The ones I found I'm pretty sure were the same size and rubber material as the powerclip air tank, but we have yet to take apart any spare PCs and test them.

What I worry about more, though, is the flimsy orange pump on these things. Has anyone ever snapped the pumping handle off? Mine's bowed a couple times and it just makes me nervous about pumping it too fast.

Also, I would replace your pump with one of those fancy dual direction bike pumps, where you're taking in air on the push and pull... Same amount of pumping as a normal one would get you twice the air :wacko:
"If I want something pretty, Ill paint a picuture. Courtesy of Shortshit" -THIRST

#11 Wax

Wax

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:00 PM

1) Don't bother. As said before, the release valve is really on the air bladder. Plugging the pump will not allow you to put more air in the tank, or make it a higher pressure.

2) I don't know of anyone to replace the tank, per se, but I have a friend who attached a huge PVC tank to it. The tank went on his back. The tank allowed him to have a lot more air to shoot, and hence, more air to shoot darts with. It's not exactly the Monster PC, but it's similar. I don't see much of a reason to modify the tank, except for increased air volume.

3) Personally, I prefer the inner-tube-over-the-tank method. Looks better than rubber bands, and cutting the bladder is just bad. The inner tube increases the pressure of the air in the tank, but this should only result in an increased ROF. The range could be increased by replacing the spring in the piston. The air pushes the spring&piston assemble back, and the spring pushes the piston back forward. The forward action is what actually shoots the darts. A stiffer spring would result in higher range, but decreased ROF.

4) Except for the very few homemade ones, you can only get extra clips from extra Powerclips.
Wax in the Nerf universe, wax4213 everywhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users