#1 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Coverage of the Hasbro Nerf Toy Fair London 2013 stand

Posted Image
Hasbro stand, Toy Fair 2013, London Olympia

Wow. This is WIP so not all details are here.

I don't know where to begin, but ohmygosh we can expect some fireworks. A LOT of fireworks.

I can't disclose certain details about new releases right now - this is due to signing a legal Non-Disclosure-Agreement (NDA) before I could see the blasters, and accessories.

If I discuss what I have been told, seen, played with, discussed, or review anything online i'm heading to an unhappy place called Lawsuit-land.

The info below has been cleared for listing.

I can confirm that I asked all your questions, and got some very interesting answers. Very interesting. But again i'm limited to tell you about certain questions. If you asked me a question, and I promised to ask it, and you dont see it listed you know what it involves. I will upload a list of the questions asked when I can.

Rumour - Elite Stampede/reshell Stampede - will not happen (it doesn't need to now <wink>)

Rumour - Elite Alpha Trooper - it's real, currently limited to Argos retail group

Rumour - Incinerator / Counterstrike is indeed a case of lost in translation

N-Strike range - it's being phased out and discontinued. The Elite range is being to be the staple blaster range

Vortex - will not have a stock or any further accessories

Dart Tag - TRUus is in control of Dart Tag tournaments in the USA - because sales have dropped, they stopped the tournaments due to lack of interest (errr). The more they sell, see demand in Dart Tag - the more tournaments they will do - get buying people!!

Dart Tag - no Dart Tag accessories or new range blasters other than the Dart Tag Stinger set (2 Stingers +Dart Range)

Dart Tag Stinger - it holds 2 darts and has some crazy internals (Thanks to the Lego Teknik guys for the screwdriver lol)

Dart Tag - UK will be trialled for Dart Tag tournaments inline with Paragon Ent. license agreement for official Nerf Quest Stores - this entails store leagues, store vs store, and national tournament. Chance of TV coverage on sports channels.

Elite - we can expect some insane accessories, holy. smoke. batman.

Nerf is going Social-Media interactive in a big way - a UK Nerf site is being created with a new run of TV Ads

9th February 2013 is a date you need to mark in your calander. Believe me, you will scream and shout and dance when I post it up. I did. lol.

Mod community keep up everything that you do, as well as the Stock reviewers. Hasbro R&D is watching you closely <wink>

This is what I can talk about, and have bullet-pointed it for now. I'm spending the day with them to learn all I can right now.

I'm heading off shortly for a full scale battle with them, with the new blasters and accessories. It's been an amazing morning so far, as promised I have spent the day closely with Hasbro Design Engineers, found out a lot of brilliant news, and a lot of inside news. It was great they knew who I was and follow my blog Smile

This is all I can write for now, until I am cleared further by Hasbro Legal Team. Check my blog for more updates.

Good to hear your thoughts.

Ps. get some new Stefans - like really, really big Stefans.

#2 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Interesting, though the next person to ever talk to or meet any hasbro employee needs to ask about longshots (why are they discontinued, will the ever be recontinued, elite longshot?) because they are classics and favorites of both modders and average "nerfers" and they would gain a significant profit from them if you really think about it.
Gino

#3 XproXglassX

XproXglassX

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Like Tangerle said, ask them that. And also ask them if they plan on releasing any completely new blasters/non-repaints, (Like they did with the Stryfe and RoughCut, not like the Retaliator/Rampage/Elite Rayven/ect.). Because every liked the new and different blasters, especially the new fly-wheel blasters.

#4 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

What kind of accessories are gonna be out for the Elites? Any hints?
Better Nerf By Science!
http://nerfscience.blogspot.com/

#5 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

VasStampede spoke to Hasbro back at the Elite launch party in NYC last year, and they categorically told him the Longshot would never, ever see the light of Elite day.

Unfortuntely due to the NDA I can't say anything about the accessories other than those I was allowed to release pics of. But at the NYC Toy Fair it will all be revealed. It's frustrating that I can't say anything right now :)

The guys in Germany will get the same dose, Hasbro are really going all out with legal bindings on this. Even if stuff does get leaked, I or anyone else in the know can't cover or substantiate it. Weird to be honest, but the mod community more or less know what it should be since they inspired much of the changes.

Edited by MyLastDart, 24 January 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#6 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

VasStampede spoke to Hasbro back at the Elite launch party in NYC last year, and they categorically told him the Longshot would never, ever see the light of Elite day.

Unfortuntely due to the NDA I can't say anything about the accessories other than those I was allowed to release pics of. But at the NYC Toy Fair it will all be revealed. It's frustrating that I can't say anything right now :)

The guys in Germany will get the same dose, Hasbro are really going all out with legal bindings on this. Even if stuff does get leaked, I or anyone else in the know can't cover or substantiate it. Weird to be honest, but the mod community more or less know what it should be since they inspired much of the changes.

Someone needs to get it through Hasbro's mind that Xbows, longshots, at guns, sm guns, and a good portion of those classics would sell better than the hoaky oaky shit they're putting out now (though elite guns is a step in the right direction).

Edited by Tangerle, 24 January 2013 - 05:58 PM.

Gino

#7 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I don't think I'd call Longshots "classics", as much as I'd call them "complicated and prone to breakage". There is no need for Hasbro to use the Longshot any more, especially with the suggestion that the Longstrike will be available in an Elite version. The Elite ranges are superior to the stock Longshot range anyway, and is essentially a smaller version of the same setup.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#8 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

I don't think I'd call Longshots "classics", as much as I'd call them "complicated and prone to breakage". There is no need for Hasbro to use the Longshot any more, especially with the suggestion that the Longstrike will be available in an Elite version. The Elite ranges are superior to the stock Longshot range anyway, and is essentially a smaller version of the same setup.

Good point, though I personally think the longstrikes shell is quite awkward in comparison to the longshots at least.

Edited by Tangerle, 24 January 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Gino

#9 kevne

kevne

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Like MLD, I was covering the UK Toy Fair as well.

I am bound by the same contract but I will say this. You can forget about the longshot and longstrike, there is something totally new that will blow them both out of the water. You only have to wait three weeks to find out.
BritNerf, the Queen's favourite Nerf Forum.

The UK's most popular Nerf Blog.

I also have a Website.

#10 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

This doesn't relate to normal people. But in the NIC, longshots will almost always have more modding potential than any other modern gun. I haven't been to a NIC war (yet) but I do know that longshots have much bigger plungers than rampages. And I've never seen any rampage hit over 100'.
I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

#11 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Someone needs to get it through Hasbro's mind that Xbows, longshots, at guns, sm guns, and a good portion of those classics would sell better than the hoaky oaky shit they're putting out now (though elite guns is a step in the right direction).

Everyone else needs to get it through their heads that Hasbro will never ever rerelease the crossbow. It gave Hasbro some legal issues back in the day, which is a huge problem for a rerelease. And your comment about it selling better than the current stuff is total crap. The modern tacticool stuff sells way more than the crossbow ever could, since the vast majority of Hasbro's customer base doesn't care about modding or the ultimate capability of a blaster.

#12 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Everyone else needs to get it through their heads that Hasbro will never ever rerelease the crossbow. It gave Hasbro some legal issues back in the day, which is a huge problem for a rerelease. And your comment about it selling better than the current stuff is total crap. The modern tacticool stuff sells way more than the crossbow ever could, since the vast majority of Hasbro's customer base doesn't care about modding or the ultimate capability of a blaster.

I know that they never would actually rerelease most of those guns but, that "tacticool" thing only makes nerf look stupid if you were to compare it to airsoft or paint ball which is why those guns at least would do good, maybe not better, but maybe over time people will realize that they are foam shooting toy blasters not play guns. That's why you see shit on youtube and such about "how to turn my recon into a SVD!" or "alpha trooper m4" and 10 year old cod influenced noobs who will inevitability move on to other things such as paintball or airsoft because, now nerf is supposed to look and be cool not fun which is why hasbro should make what you get in the box more fun when actually used. But, yea lawsuits are one heck of a way not to be able to rerelease a blaster. What I'm getting at is hasbro should stay away from the whole "tacticool" (that's a great term to use!) style like buzz bee and other companies are doing and vary gun internals and functionality instead of doing the same old reverse plunger and recent elite line (though still better than the reverse plunger crap).
Gino

#13 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I think its awesome that you could keep our hopes raised for hasbro! Thanks!

Also, this thread shouldn't turn into "what hasbro should do." It is about what hasbro is doing.

#14 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I know that they never would actually rerelease most of those guns but, that "tacticool" thing only makes nerf look stupid if you were to compare it to airsoft or paint ball which is why those guns at least would do good, maybe not better, but maybe over time people will realize that they are foam shooting toy blasters not play guns. That's why you see shit on youtube and such about "how to turn my recon into a SVD!" or "alpha trooper m4" and 10 year old cod influenced noobs who will inevitability move on to other things such as paintball or airsoft because, now nerf is supposed to look and be cool not fun which is why hasbro should make what you get in the box more fun when actually used. But, yea lawsuits are one heck of a way not to be able to rerelease a blaster. What I'm getting at is hasbro should stay away from the whole "tacticool" (that's a great term to use!) style like buzz bee and other companies are doing and vary gun internals and functionality instead of doing the same old reverse plunger and recent elite line (though still better than the reverse plunger crap).

1. Nerf shouldn't be compared to Airsoft and Paintball. It's a different game for a different audience. Everyone obsessed with which is "better" or "more realistic" belongs in airsoft and paintball. I can't speak for everyone here, but I don't want to Nerf with people like that.

2. Every hobby, even cosplay props (shut up) include people who want to make things as close to, or even useful as weapons. These people are usually 12-16 year old boys who, as you stated, play too much CoD and too little "Real Life". I don't want them at my wars either.

3. To everyone who says "Hasbro should remake [insert outdated blaster]. That blaster wouldn't make them much money. No matter how cool you think they are, and how many you would buy and mod, most of the Hasbro target audience are 8 year olds. They don't want that blaster, and even if they did, they are expensive to make. For people who haven't studied economics, items sold times price MINUS production cost equals revenue.

Let's bring the topic back to things that are actually going to be coming out.

#15 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Does anyone know if the elite alpha trooper will be sold at walmart instead of just target and amazon?
Gino

#16 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Also, this thread shouldn't turn into "what hasbro should do." It is about what hasbro is doing.

Thank-you Bchamp. Why are you guys even arguing about the Longshot? He just said that there will be a new release that will leave the Longshot in the dust; you guys should be going crazy!

I will note February 9th on my calendar; thank you for the tips! I haven't been too impressed with all these rerelease Nerf Elite blasters (The Triad, Rough Cut, and Stryfe are pretty cool however)so it will be great to look forward to more new, original blasters.

Can you say anything about the firing systems for these new blasters? are they typical springers or air tank blasters, do they have crazy, new, and unique internals like the Triad and Roughcut? What are we expecting here?

I might as well take my own guess as to what is to come. On your blog you stated that the new blasters blow 75 ft. out of the water, indicating that they may be reaching 100 ft+ angled. Since springers that pass the century mark typically have such beefy springs that children cannot prime them, I'm assuming we will be seeing the comeback of the air tank blaster. However, you also said that the new stuff will blow the Stampede out of the water as well, so I'm going to go as far as to assume that we will finally be getting true, semi-automatic air blasters from Hasbro, or perhaps go as far as to assume full auto, maybe clip compatible air blasters? To see a semi-auto, clip accepting Nerf air tank powered blaster would make my year. This may kind of make sense, however it may be a bit unlikely, but I eagerly await whatever Hasbro has in store for us.

Edited by ShaNayNay, 24 January 2013 - 09:55 PM.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#17 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

I for one, welcome our new factory blasters (if they actually have potential again).

I'm sure whatever they have is going to make a good entry level blaster into modding that'll help even some of the newer noobs out in any war situation. Of course it'll still require some skill I'm sure, but It probably wont be as bad as having a kid go to a war with a stock aider trying to hit someone with a +bow. I doubt whatever they make will compete against a hoppere'd homemade but it's nice to know hey're at least trying now. I was impressed with the Elite line so far, taking into account legal issues and such. But if what you say is true then I can't wait till the new blasters are unveiled. Good job at scoring coverage.

PS. Longshots are terribad and you should feel bad.
PSS. Crossbow shells suck and your mom sucks.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#18 Crater

Crater

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

I might as well take my own guess as to what is to come. On your blog you stated that the new blasters blow 75 ft. out of the water, indicating that they may be reaching 100 ft+ angled. Since springers that pass the century mark typically have such beefy springs that children cannot prime them, I'm assuming we will be seeing the comeback of the air tank blaster. However, you also said that the new stuff will blow the Stampede out of the water as well, so I'm going to go as far as to assume that we will finally be getting true, semi-automatic air blasters from Hasbro, or perhaps go as far as to assume full auto, maybe clip compatible air blasters? To see a semi-auto, clip accepting Nerf air tank powered blaster would make my year. This may kind of make sense, however it may be a bit unlikely, but I eagerly await whatever Hasbro has in store for us.

If it's going to be electric, there's no usability reason why it can't have a really strong spring, because the motor, not the user, is going to be priming it.

I was going to say something more, but I can't remember what it was. I'll edit it in if I remember.
Crater is a combination of a box and a dent in the ground. (Thanks Tangerle)

I'll stand on my head and gargle peanut butter for 70 dollars.

#19 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

I will note February 9th on my calendar; thank you for the tips! I haven't been too impressed with all these rerelease Nerf Elite blasters (The Triad, Rough Cut, and Stryfe are pretty cool however)so it will be great to look forward to more new, original blasters.

Yes Thanks to Bchamp for the derail-rerailment of the thread :)

Some *brilliant* theorycrafting here, and some great suggestions (more importantly ideas for future blasters) happening here. Bravo to you all for the input.

ShaNayNay - i'm particularly interested in this comment - please can you (and others) give some constructive feedback on this. What has been the main source of the let down? I have a very good relationship with Hasbro and made some very good contacts, so I can help funnel this directly to the people in charge (not the paperpushers the Design Engineering Developers).

Many thanks for your time guys, I appreciate the constructive debate here - please keep it up.

Regards

#20 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

The disappointment from one modder (Or even a handful of us) should be taken with a grain of salt. The blasters aren't catered towards us, but rather their target audience of 8-13 year olds. I can understand them trying to involve an older demographic by upping the ranges and changing the color scheme but there are still certain legal aspects they can't get around when marketing to kids. True it's not easy to impress us, but that isn't what they're trying to do. The fact that they were able to up their game with higher ranges while still retaining safety is what's important and should be seen as impressive. If they didn't care then blasters wouldn't have the "do not point at animals or other people" warning.

It's nice that they've got us in mind when developing their blasters, but we probably don't make up as large a percentage of nerf sales as some modders like to think. If all modders suddenly disappeared its not like Hasbro would shut down the nerf line due to lost sales.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#21 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

I feel like I can speak for most modders when I say simplicity is good. Look at how simple the nite finder is, and all that we've done with it. It is a nice entry-level modding blaster for noobs. It has everything from an AR removal simple mod to a NF rifle and the like.

But, what is most important is potential. The longshot had a huge plunger tube and was clip accepting.... Potential. The Nite finder was is so simple, that most if its parts canbe upgraded and replaced.... Potential. The magstrike has an awesome piston valve...... Potential. The BBB had a huge plunger tube... Potential. Any hard tank air blaster... Potential.

When we see these elite blasters with gears that get stripped with upgrade springs, small vomule plunger tubes, and complex firing systems that are time consuming to modify, it doesn't excite me in the least. One reason why I don't own an elite blaster.

#22 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

I feel like I can speak for most modders when I say simplicity is good. Look at how simple the nite finder is, and all that we've done with it. It is a nice entry-level modding blaster for noobs. It has everything from an AR removal simple mod to a NF rifle and the like.

But, what is most important is potential. The longshot had a huge plunger tube and was clip accepting.... Potential. The Nite finder was is so simple, that most if its parts canbe upgraded and replaced.... Potential. The magstrike has an awesome piston valve...... Potential. The BBB had a huge plunger tube... Potential. Any hard tank air blaster... Potential.

When we see these elite blasters with gears that get stripped with upgrade springs, small vomule plunger tubes, and complex firing systems that are time consuming to modify, it doesn't excite me in the least. One reason why I don't own an elite blaster.

Bchamp - that's an honest insight, thanks very much. I do have one question - one mans junk is anothers gold. Don't complex firing systems/internals up your game as a modder? Or is simplicity the best "shell" to work with? What would be an ideal release for you in a new blaster?

#23 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

ShaNayNay - i'm particularly interested in this comment - please can you (and others) give some constructive feedback on this. What has been the main source of the let down?

Don't complex firing systems/internals up your game as a modder? Or is simplicity the best "shell" to work with? What would be an ideal release for you in a new blaster?

I think you mistook my comment. It's not that I'm totally let down and disappointed by the Elite line or anything of the sort; what I was trying to say is that the unweildy Hailfire and various reshells, in my opinion, did not live up to the massive pre-unveiling hype that the line received early last year. However, these new blasters are very cool, and I'm glad that Hasbro has been looking at the modding community for ideas (such as creating the Stryfe off the idea of the clip-accepting Barricade). It's nice to have the company more or less support the NIC modding community rather than doing something like dumping glue all over insides of the blasters to try and keep us from modding them. Thank them for that.

I'd also like to note that I'm not bashing the reshells; I'm sure they have changed the game for the HvZ community, and they are great entry mod blasters for newcomers. I'm just saying that a reshell just doesn't really compare to seeing new, original blasters on store shelves. However those new, originally blasters have now come out, so all of this is really invalid.

In response to your other point, complex firing systems do up a modder's game, to a point. Take the Triad and Roughtcut. they both sport a new, unique firing system that is dependent on the blaster's air restrictors. We can do all we want to these new blasters, but those AR's will always be there cutting off the airflow.

So yes, I do love a good challenge; the creative, problem solving side of modding is one of the big reasons I do this. However sometimes things prove quite difficult to the point it is annoying. Complex firing systems are fun and unveil one of the best parts of modding, but sometimes the simple blasters like the Airtech 2000 just prove more reliable in the end.

Hopefully this lengthy response clears things up.

Edited by ShaNayNay, 25 January 2013 - 05:27 PM.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#24 pop tart

pop tart

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

While I certainly wish they would, I dont think new air guns are going to happen, except maybe a titan ish thing, hopefully. Im definitely marking my calender, isnt it so cheddar?

#25 EclipseNerf

EclipseNerf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Considering how much of an impact you have the potential to make, I'll share what I want to see.

1. Something full auto. The 'blow the Stampede out of the water' statement hints on it, but as someone else already said, if it has a small plunger and low 'modability' I will hate it and continue to buy second hand Stampedes. (I have 14 of them, all modded to some extent. Still more coming.) If I can get something that will actually hit 80 feet FLAT out of the box, I reckon we have every chance of being able to get one up to 100+. But to be completely honest, the Elite line wasn't the greatest in my opinion. The Firestrike had a small plunger tube, the Strongarm is nearly impossible to mod and is generally a pain, even though in stock form, it's very good. The other flywheel blasters are not the best, although the Stryfe was amazing and in my 'Top 5'.

2. Return of the air blasters. Already discussed, but would be amazing. I reckon 4B size for the tank with an OPV that kicks in at just the right point to make it safe. Then we can plug them.

3. Haven't seen this one mentioned before, but I reckon it's be amazing- pump action blaster with a tubular magazine along the bottom that loads like a pump action shotgun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users