Photo

Blueprints for Trigger? (Help)

3 replies to this topic

#1 fyrepyro1133

fyrepyro1133

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Im new to the whole modding, I have tryed it before but something tends to go wrong so I want to make a loser type homemade nerf gun from scratch. Obviously its probably not the best thing since modding is hard but I have time and patience and want to do this from scratch. The feeling of accomplishment ill get from making this gun will be worth the time. So my question is I am making a blueprint of the gun atm and I am having trouble on how to make the trigger mechanism. Does anyone have a blueprint of a good trigger mechanism I could use, (meaning how to make the trigger connect to the springs to shoot the gun.)

Early Thanks!
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Please reread the New Members Guide. Concept threads are discouraged, as are threads requesting we do research for you. There are plenty of resources you should have examined before posting. Furthermore, if you are having difficulty modifying a prefabricated propulsion mechanism, creating a homemade will be near impossible. Finally, we are here to create blasters, not guns and no one calls anything a "sníper"

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 21 January 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#2 BiwinningPanda

BiwinningPanda

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Daniel Beaver made an awesome list of homemade blasters that should help you think something up. Check it out here .
LT.DAN ICE CREAM!!!!!! In response to the Tribal Council: Someone break out the Michael Jackson popcorn gif, this shit just got interesting.

#3 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

One of the homemades on Beavers list is the snapbow mkv. This is what I and anybody else would recomend for a first homemade.
I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

#4 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

The +Bow and 2-11 by Captain Slug include downloadable blueprints in several formats, the Rainbow Catch is widely used as a modular and reasonably easy to make catch, and the Lambda shot by dapper rogue (and drawn by myself) has downloadable blueprints and is a rifle-format blaster.

You're probably better off building one of those, as all the design legwork is done for you. The Lambda Shot essentially is a "sniper" blaster, modeled on the Longshot. The +Bow has become an icon in itself, and the 2-11 is an easier-to-build version of that; all of these are about as long range as you'll get in Nerf without getting into dangerously-powerful territory.

As quertyman says though, a snap should be your first blaster. It's as easy as it gets.

Edited by Meaker VI, 21 January 2013 - 01:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users