4B help needed

I am having a problem with my Big Blast

7 replies to this topic

#1 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

I have recently gotten a 4B. I did some research, put a coupler on it, basic stuff. I was enthusiastic because, I had thought that it would work well. Nope. The dang tank doesn't hold air! I opened it up, tried this http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=21118 and it still doesn't work. Basically what happens is when I pump it the air just goes straight out the barrel firing the dart a few feet in front of me. Obviously somethings up with the firing pin or the o-ring seal in the tank but, what exactly could I do to either fix this or determine the exact problem? I have ran out of patience with this. I have though of many things that I could do and done loads of research and still no success. If the gun is messed up it's to late to return and I would resort in opening the tank last. How often is this in 4B's and have many other people had this problem? Also everything else appears to work fine, decent pump, fine check valve, barrel seals fine, and I need urgent help. The gun shot fine when I got it and shoots fine when the gun isn't together (when not in the shell). Does any one know how I can fix this? Also it's the newer 4B internals.

Here are some images, though please note, the trigger is in its normal position when it's in the shell not how it's displayed in most of these pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Tangerle, 17 January 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Gino

#2 NerfNoob10

NerfNoob10

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

The gun shot fine when I got it and shoots fine when the gun isn't together (when not in the shell). Does any one know how I can fix this?

If it works fine when not in its shell then, the good news is you blaster is fine, but that means the problem is you put it back in the shell wrong. I would look at internal pictures and make sure everything is in the right place. the most likely problem is that your trigger in getting stuck back, holding the tank open. or the firing pin itself it stuck pulled back. Hope you figure it out.

#3 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

If it works fine when not in its shell then, the good news is you blaster is fine, but that means the problem is you put it back in the shell wrong. I would look at internal pictures and make sure everything is in the right place. the most likely problem is that your trigger in getting stuck back, holding the tank open. or the firing pin itself it stuck pulled back. Hope you figure it out.

Well I'm pretty sure that I put it in the shell right but the trigger is getting stuck back is the most likely cause because I thought it was quite awkward to pull back, and I think I changed the spring but, that wasn't very obvious of a difference, though I'll take a look at it (maybe tomorrow). Thanks for the info.

Edited by Tangerle, 16 January 2013 - 11:45 PM.

Gino

#4 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Well I fixed the trigger and it's at least less awkward everything is fine but it still won't hold the air. (Ahh crap)
Gino

#5 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Well I fixed the trigger and it's at least less awkward everything is fine but it still won't hold the air. (Ahh crap)

Is their any way you can get pictures up?

Edited by Mully, 17 January 2013 - 09:02 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#6 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

If it is the stock trigger it should slide smoothly across the rails. Are the rails bent in any way? Is there anything sticky on them? You could try to put silicone grease on them. Or is the trigger bent in any way? You should be able to put the internals in one side of the shell and pull back the trigger and it return easily to its original position. Try this on both sides of the shell. Lastly make sure the tank is in its right slots. Good luck. And I may later edit in pics to show you what I mean. I have allot of expierence with 4bs. And I havee had this problem before. But it was with this crazy homemade lever design involving a recon trigger and it was wayyy too rough. Sorry about the long post.

EDIT Also if there is something screwing up the ruber seal you can pour some water down it to get it out (haven't ever tried this though).

Edited by quertyman, 17 January 2013 - 12:43 AM.

I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

#7 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Is their any way you can pictures up?

Well I could get some up but, it looks like your average 4B nothing really different though last night I added a stronger trigger spring and It made the trigger less awkward. I take some soon though.

If it is the stock trigger it should slide smoothly across the rails. Are the rails bent in any way? Is there anything sticky on them? You could try to put silicone grease on them. Or is the trigger bent in any way? You should be able to put the internals in one side of the shell and pull back the trigger and it return easily to its original position. Try this on both sides of the shell. Lastly make sure the tank is in its right slots. Good luck. And I may later edit in pics to show you what I mean. I have allot of expierence with 4bs. And I havee had this problem before. But it was with this crazy homemade lever design involving a recon trigger and it was wayyy too rough. Sorry about the long post.

EDIT Also if there is something screwing up the ruber seal you can pour some water down it to get it out (haven't ever tried this though).

Well to answer your questions and statements, no, no, good idea I'll try that, no, I'll try that, I'll double check, and thats worth a try. Also that's very interesting what you said and good to know that this has happened before. Thanks.

Edited by Tangerle, 17 January 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Gino

#8 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

After messing with it for 5 hours, I finally fixed it (YES!). Basically I cut part of what held the trigger back from falling out and it works. Thank you all for your suggestions. Also, this was a really weird thing for me I've been modding for quite some time and never had an issue like this. Once again, thanks.

Edited by Tangerle, 17 January 2013 - 08:05 PM.

Gino

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users