My Hope Of A Mod

Air tech 3000

10 replies to this topic

#1 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:58 PM

I want to put a tube from a ait tank to the valve to make it more like a pump-action gun. I thought that is you pump it once, it would turn the rotating mechanism and then the air-tank kicks in and all I have to do is pull the trigger and the air in the tank will push the dart out.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Edited by Ironman, 23 June 2004 - 09:46 PM.

Die with honor...Fight with pride...
Aim toward your goals...Quicken your stride...
With great power comes great responsibility.

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 10:53 PM

So you're saying you want the rotation to be managed by the existing pump but the motive force supplied by an external tank?

Piece of cake with a regulator. Just make a medium sized (say 3" diameter, 12" long PVC for instance) air tank, connect to regulator, go with about 120psi in the tank, 70psi on the outlet, and run it to the stock air tank.

Actually sounds like a cool project, let us know how it goes.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:23 AM

::YOINK::

I got one for ya, an "unnamed" Nerfer recently proposed to me the idea of somehow integrating a 1500 barrel rotation assembly into a Crossbow casing/plunger system. I told them they were an asshole and that I had no idea how to affix the rotation part strongly enough so that the violent, case shaking, kickback of the crossbow didn't rend it assunder, like Thor does.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#4 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:33 AM

I did that...with PETG, unfortunetly, so that no doubt hindered it by far, but it did work, and I was able to secure the rotation system right into the coupler with some retro-fitting. It was sturdy...the only drawback was the less-than acceptable range.

I've been able to do almost everything I've thought of, and even if it didn't have decent results, it was succesful. It just takes a trip to Ace and a few minutes on the crapper.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#5 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 10:52 AM

whats a regulator?

#6 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 10:56 AM

Pretty simple: In this case, something to regulate the amount of air going to/out of your valve.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#7 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 11:05 AM

i think i know waht you mean...do you have a pic?

#8 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:23 PM

does this mod work? has anyone tryed this?
Carefully take gun apart then slowly pull off the orange 6 barrel chamber. Drill out the inner orange tube with two holes in the top (air flow control), and then blow out the shavings from the drill. You can pull out the springs in the chamber, but you don't have to. Now you can start putting the gun back together.

Edited by Ironman, 17 June 2004 - 01:25 PM.

#9 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 04:35 PM

At some point, people will get tired of answering questions that you have obviously put no thought into and will tell you to STFU. This is one of those times.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#10 FIDO

FIDO

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 07:50 PM

Also, to add on to what cxwq was saying is that you kind of have an AOL type of spelling.
Don't worry about the things you don't know. Do sheep expand in the rain? Who discovered how to get milk from cows? And what was he doing in the first place?

"if anyone gives you shit about being a geek, just remind them that all their bases are belong to you." -Talio

#11 Ironman

Ironman

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:42 AM

On NHQ, someone said it couldn't work because The problem with this is that firing from two tanks, the secondary(homemade) tank would loose a lot of pressure and the 3k tank would have little pressure since you were only using 1 pump. If you reduced that tank size, You could succeed well. This would require you to pump the homemade tank unless you hooked both tanks to the same pump. I believe your range would increase greatly. Also, I think you would only have to pump the homemade tank maybe every 3-6 shots. Is that true?

Edited by Ironman, 22 June 2004 - 08:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users