11 replies to this topic

#1 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hey guys
I have searched the internet for quite some time.
The elite roughcut has not made it presence in Indianapolis just yet,. So my question is , will it be a specific store eclusive like the barrelbreak ?

Thanks in advance

I can't edit the title but im clearly aware i spelled roughcut incorrectly. Sorry

Edited by 2TAGS, 13 December 2012 - 03:44 PM.

#2 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • State:California

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Well, I don't think it's actually supposed to be out yet.
Some lucky people have found them in a few stores, but the official release isn't till some time in
January...
<cut>
Good luck finding one.

Edited by Mully, 13 December 2012 - 07:23 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#3 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,074 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Urban Taggers lists the Roughcut's release date as May 2013 in Australia. The US release might be earlier than that. If we've learned anything, it's that release dates are unreliable - some places put them on shelves early, some are months late.<br>

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 13 December 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#4 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Thanks guys. Thread can be closed

#5 Super0dp

Super0dp

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

PsykSG made a video on it. He got it from a friend from Malaysia. I would expect it to come out in the U.S. in January 2013. Like all the other elite blasters it might come out early at Toys R Us or something

Edited by Super0dp, 13 December 2012 - 05:30 PM.

Got Tools?

#6 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Going by the Retaliator/Rampage early finds... I would say March. I got my Retaliator in Early June, and the release was September. I just got a Rough Cut like a week ago, so by that logic (since no "official" date other than 2013 has been said) I would go with March. But that's just me.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#7 Super0dp

Super0dp

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Going by the Retaliator/Rampage early finds... I would say March. I got my Retaliator in Early June, and the release was September. I just got a Rough Cut like a week ago, so by that logic (since no "official" date other than 2013 has been said) I would go with March. But that's just me.

Did you get it online or in a store? If you bought it localy then what store did you get it from?
Got Tools?

#8 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Last night I went to my local TRU to look for a Roughcut. My nearest TRU did not have any. Go to TRU Customer Service ask them to look up and "item number". These are always 6 digits. Tell them "91077". This is the item number for the Roughcut. They come 3 per case. If that store doesnt have it, have them check nearby stores. If you have multiple TRU near you.

They told me that three other TRU have them in stock and told me how many.

I just bought two Rough Cuts this morning at another local TRU. I got them BOGO 50% off. I had to get a manager to approve it. They won't ring up with the BOGO offer however their sale has NO exclusions. It is a blanket "ALL NERF BLASTERS" so shop away if you can find them. They were $21.99

Also dont forget to check above the shelves. My local TRU keep ovestock in the cases way up high. If you have good vision you can read the side of the boxes.

I took pictures to show you what I mean. Look very carefully at the top middle of the picture below. See the box with the big white sticker on it? That and the box below it are Roughcut cases. (I zoomed in just in case you cant read it)
Posted Image

Posted Image

I knew they had them. But my many years of toy hunting, never waste your breath asking them "where is it?" I searched for it myself and I found it. Then I grabbed an employee to get a ladder and bring it down for me. Don't forget to tell them "There aren't any on the shelves". Also good thing to know is that there is NO street date on these blasters. Sometimes Hasbro puts street dates on cases and items and so even though you have it in your hands, it wont ring up. Then you have to wheel and deal with the checkout people to ring it up as something else. But that is a matter for another day.

Edit: Oh yeah in case you don't know, you can find the 6 digit item number on their website.
http://www.toysrus.c...dFindSrc=search

Scroll down an click on "Additional Info" you can see the "R Web #" That is the Item Number.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Solscud007, 14 December 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#9 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Did you get it online or in a store? If you bought it localy then what store did you get it from?

I got mine at a store. a TRU by my in-laws in Burlington, NJ.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#10 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

I got mine at a store. a TRU by my in-laws in Burlington, NJ.

I got mine at Yonkers, NY TRU.

Edited by Solscud007, 14 December 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#11 2TAGS

2TAGS

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Yep. I found. Them still in the box way up high on the shelf. They are also available on the toys r us website now.

Thanks for all the info guys!!

#12 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'm going to close this thread before more people jump on and turn this into the old product availability thread.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users