Photo

Scope

11 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfman2222

Nerfman2222

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 06:35 AM

I'm trying to desgin a scope for a crossbow and right now im out of ideas. I've look through the search feature and haven't found anyhting. Has this been done before, and does anyone have any ideas to help me out.

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 07:33 AM

I replyed on your post at NHQ.

#3 jpshyboi9

jpshyboi9

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 01:05 PM

I got an idea! ^_^ Try getting a metal tube adout 10 inches long and 1 inch in diameter. Then, cut some notches on the sides each being 90 degrees apart if you know what I mean also doing this on the other end of it and line the notches up parfectly. Lastly, take some string and tie it trough 1 notche 180 degrees to the other notch and around the same way at the other end. Then, do it again for the other 4 notches.

When aiming, line both sets of crosses up along with the target and fire.

make sure to place the strings precisly and the notches just right or else it will look frickin retarded when you go to aime.

TIP: If you have any shiny objectes that can stickc out easily in the sun, like scopes or ammo holders, then cover them up with tape, paint, or some other matterial so not to give your losing spot away.

Edited by jpshyboi9, 16 June 2004 - 01:05 PM.

#4 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 01:43 PM

Hey, I'm posting, that doesn't happen much. In my opinion, I find scopes or laser sights and such kinda pointless. Unless you have some uber homemade that shoots 3 football fields, just aim. With all my guns, I have a goon enough feel with them that I can shoot from the hip kind of thing.
And besides, as fun as having your nerf gun have pin point accuracy is, it's not really needed. We are not assasinating anyone here, as long as you hit them, you're good.

~THE HAZE~
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#5 seirus

seirus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:11 PM

Mmmmm, pie...... But in any case, optics are fairly useless in nerf. People who play nerf "loser" generally just use the tops of their guns as a aiming medium. The only + 90 foot shot I've ever taken worked just dandy without some strange aiming device. Flashlights, however, are excellent for CQB.

DING!
Yeah, life sucks, but it does guarantee a trip around the sun every 365 days.

#6 agent007

agent007

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:14 PM

True, but not many people have that "feel wit thier guns" like you do. I would use a scope even for indor wars. Some people use lasewr pointers but those can be dangerous, I would use a cheap 10$ scope for a real "loser" rifle.

#7 Nerfman2222

Nerfman2222

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:36 PM

Where would I get one of those?

#8 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 04:28 PM

Probably just a normal sporting goods store, I'd suppose.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#9 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 05:02 PM

Walmart has air gun scopes and red dot sights (much more useful for nerf) for around $10.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#10 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 05:33 PM

Brass Eagle Red Dot Sight, for paintball...mounts on a 3/8" mounting bracket, I belive. You can buy them seperate. The think is like $8, and very fun to play around with...it doesn't actually project a dot, it's all in the reflection of the lens.

You can retro-fit it to the top of a Splitfire. Just get out your Dremel.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#11 Nerfman2222

Nerfman2222

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 05:39 PM

Ill look in to that rag, but I can't find that scope on walmart.com your talking about cxwq if you can, please give me a link.
Thanks

#12 Worlds largest bed race

Worlds largest bed race

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:42 AM

Or...you could try actually going to wal-mart.Unless you live in Honduras there's one near you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users