Strongarm until I get a Roughcut

17 replies to this topic

#1 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

EDIT: 12/14/2012

I got a Rough Cut today. Found it at another local TRU. BOGO 50% off too.

I also integrated one into my Stryfe. It is not quick detachable like the Strongarm integration but it works.

Posted Image

I point out some details how it is integrated in my video. No Glue or screws were used. I did eventually zip tie the top front of the Roughcut and the front bottom of the retaliator front end just to eliminate the wobble but it is not crucial for the integration. Also the Rough Cut rigger now has a screw screwed thru it to keep it locked in place so all I need to do is pump the roughcut to fire it.

See video a few posts down.

I made the first Masterkey and now that Nerf Elites have gotten better, I decided to make another one using the Stryfe as the primary weapon. I want to use a Roughcut but my TRU hasn't stocked them in just yet. So I went with the Strongarm due to the slamfire capability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4lbZ3qceJQ

The integration is pretty simple and does not require glue or other means of attachment. But by all means you can use it if you want to.

Take apart the Strongarm. Line up the shell with the Retaliator front end. Make sure to position the shell forward so that when you pull the slide back, the magazine of the Stryfe doesn't get in the way. I cut the loop, on the end of the slide, so it doesn't hit the magazine.

Then just cut the grip off using the bottom of the shell as a guide. See the pic below.

Posted Image

Next you need to make a 0.47 inch slot down the middle of the bottom of the shell. You want the Strongarm shell to close onto the Retaliator lower rail like a giant rail mount. You will need to trim the shell a bit to get a perfect fit. Just keep test fitting and trying to close the shell over the Retaliator rail. I also used one of the support pegs in the Strongarm shell and drilled a hole thru the Retaliator rail so the peg go thru the rail out the other side. I hope that makes sense.

After you got the shell to fit, just put all the parts back inside and close everything up. I used a strip of velcro to keep the trigger pulled of the Strongarm. You could use tape or a ziptie for that as well. This way all you need to do is pump the slide and the Strongarm will fire.

For future reference, this doesn't strictly qualify as a writeup. I don't want to encourages new guys to think a video demonstration and a block of text is enough to warrant a new post. Put it in the pictures thread.

Edited by Solscud007, 14 December 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#2 XproXglassX

XproXglassX

• Banned
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Nice. Looks awesome! The way you attached the Strongarm was a really good idea. I might need to use that idea next time I do a Maverick integration.

Edited by XproXglassX, 13 December 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#3 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

Nice. Looks awesome! The way you attached the Strongarm was a really good idea. I might need to use that idea next time I do a Maverick integration.

Thanks. Maverick won't work as it doesnt do slamfire. Might as well use the Strongarm or a Roughcut. That way you dont need to pull any triggers. If you use a maverick you would need to cock it then pull the trigger.

#4 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

This is totally totally beast.
How stable is the strongarm though?
Excellent mod.

Edited by Mully, 31 January 2013 - 08:57 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#5 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

This is totally totally beast.
How stable is the strongarm though?
Excellent mod.

Pretty good. there is a littel bit of play between the retaliator front end and the stryfe. it doesnt seem as solid as on a retaliator body. With regards to the Strongarm fit, I use hand tools. no dremel. So I constantly test fit and trim away more plastic until it can close. Measure MANY times then cut. Or in my case make many small cuts until it fits.

Here are my two masterkeys. My LS Masterkey doesnt count hehe.

I just put the LSTK sight on the stryfe bottom rail just to fill up the gap. It doesnt do anything else.

Posted Image

#6 Acerised

Acerised

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

The slam fire Strongarm works well.

#7 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

The slam fire Strongarm works well.

It does but reloading is not quick. The Roughcut can be loaded much faster and it doesn't matter what barrel you load. It will fire the left first and then the right.

#8 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

I think it's weird that you have no furniture or decoration.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#9 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I think it's weird that you have no furniture or decoration.

Haha. My apt is beyond cluttered and messy. I go to my next door neighbor's apt. It is vacant and unlocked.

Edited by Solscud007, 13 December 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#10 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

I got a Rough Cut today. Found it at another local TRU. BOGO 50% off too.

I also integrated one into my Stryfe. It is not quick detachable like the Strongarm integration but it works.

Posted Image

I pointed out some details how it is integrated in my video. No Glue or screws were used. I did eventually zip tie the top front of the Roughcut and the front bottom of the retaliator front end just to eliminate the wobble but it is not crucial for the integration. Also the Rough Cut rigger now has a screw screwed thru it to keep it locked in place so all I need to do is pump the roughcut to fire it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz7uJM6zZxs

Edited by Solscud007, 14 December 2012 - 03:12 PM.

#11 Craftsman

Craftsman

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Very nice job! I will definitely try to replicate this, but I think I will use a Stockade stock instead of a Raider one. I may have missed it, but did you mod either of the blasters? I am curious if you did anything to the internals of the Rough Cut.

Man keep finger on trigger receive painful finger bang!

Olde School Tacticool

All hail #YOLOStock!

I have taken a "break" from the hobby, but if you have anything crazy hit me up. I'm always interested in a challenge. Currently designing a nerf vehicle among other things.

#12 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Very nice job! I will definitely try to replicate this, but I think I will use a Stockade stock instead of a Raider one. I may have missed it, but did you mod either of the blasters? I am curious if you did anything to the internals of the Rough Cut.

I removed the locks in the Stryfe but that is it. Only mod to the rough cut was to have the trigger held down with a screw.

#13 Craftsman

Craftsman

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Thanks... Are you considering modding the Rough Cut in the future, or would it not be beneficial? The reason I am asking is because, I am considering making this my new close quarters primary.

Man keep finger on trigger receive painful finger bang!

Olde School Tacticool

All hail #YOLOStock!

I have taken a "break" from the hobby, but if you have anything crazy hit me up. I'm always interested in a challenge. Currently designing a nerf vehicle among other things.

#14 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

Thanks... Are you considering modding the Rough Cut in the future, or would it not be beneficial? The reason I am asking is because, I am considering making this my new close quarters primary.

I was thinking of removing the trigger completely. The trigger has an upside down ramp that pushes the catch down. It would need to be fixed to the catch plate. But I'm too lazy to use epoxy and glue it in place. Do not remove the ARs as that will ruin the auto tube selection gimmick. I would like to chop off the pegs though but the whole front is glued together.

The roughcut is a pretty decent blaster as it is.

#15 Catboy

Catboy

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hey, I recently got the stryfe too, and I'm thinking about trying your master key mod. Just wondering though, how did you make that retaliator barrel extension have the attachment pipe coming out? I modded a recon barrel to look like an M16 once, but all that entailed was a little sanding and pulling out of the inner pipe. If there is already a thread on this barrel mod, could someone please direct me to it? Thanks.
You're not the only one with a gun, *****!!! - Trudy Chacon

#16 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

Hey, I recently got the stryfe too, and I'm thinking about trying your master key mod. Just wondering though, how did you make that retaliator barrel extension have the attachment pipe coming out? I modded a recon barrel to look like an M16 once, but all that entailed was a little sanding and pulling out of the inner pipe. If there is already a thread on this barrel mod, could someone please direct me to it? Thanks.

Secrets of my trade. haha j/k. You just need a spare Nerf attachment barrel. I think this one came from a deploy. Cut away the extension so the attachment barrel end can fit. Then glue it to the orange barrel inside. It helps to drill the inner diameter of the barrel extension to a full 3/4 inch so that the orange barrel inside the extension nests in the attachment part.

Hope that makes sense.

#17 mr trouble

mr trouble

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

wow it looks great. Does the added weight from carrying a second blaster cause any changes to you game play style. I imagine that it would make your primary a little difficult to handle.
The FNG
Mr. Trouble is never up to any good keep tabs on him by visiting HellionLabs.com

#18 Solscud007

Solscud007

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

wow it looks great. Does the added weight from carrying a second blaster cause any changes to you game play style. I imagine that it would make your primary a little difficult to handle.

Nope. The roughcut is a light weight blaster. Perhaps you need to do some more push ups haha j/k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users