Stampede motor replacement question

3 replies to this topic

#1 X20AStrikefreedom

X20AStrikefreedom

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:22 AM

Sorry fir the long winded explanation and question though. but here goes:

I don't know if anyone made a post about this but since I have a stampede and hade four 18650 battery holders installed into the stock battery tray and about to do further modding to the blaster itself, and am looking for a replacement motor that can take 14.8 volts, I was just wondering, what is the name of the recommended replacement motor for the stampede and where can I get it?

Thanks

#2 therealnerfjunkies

therealnerfjunkies

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

I have seen stampede motors take 18 volts. I think you're good.
"You forgot the one rule of making a remake. Don't fuck with the original."

#3 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

I have poured 36 volts through a Stampede motor. I didn't really use the blaster, as it was more of an experiment to see how much the motor could take. My setup would have eventually worn the motor down, but yours is much more reasonable.

14.8V is 164% what the motor accepts in stock form. I was pushing almost 400% through it. You can keep the stock motor, but your lifespan may decrease slightly.
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#4 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

There is no "one" recommended replacement motor. It depends on what you're doing (if you need to replace at all) and what you can find. This is not a Q&A forum. Please do your own research.

Look what I found using 30 seconds of Google:
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=23058
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=20674
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users