Dennis Caulksav'r

Dennis screwed me over

19 replies to this topic

#1 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:13 PM

I purchased some Dennis brand 1/2 inch caulksav'r (fbr) from ace hardware the other day. This is the same brand and size I have been using for almost a year now. After I heated and straightened my darts on the same settings I usually work with, I put a copperhead bb and glued it on the tip. After it dried, I tried it out in my NF (modded with 9/16 K&S brass) and they were way too fat! I could hardly twist them into the barrel. I've tried reheating the darts in different methods too, but nothing is working. I have never had this problem before. I desperately need to fix this problem by today since I leave for California tomorrow. The only option I have left is to re-mod all of my guns with sch80; a material that seems to fit this batch of darts. Even if I did this, I still need to get a different size brass for my at3k, the foam might just be defective, and.....AAHHHHH. It's just going to take a while. Is there any solution for this problem?

#2 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:33 PM

The only thing I can think off is throw those away and buy a new bag. Sometimes even the same brand will vary in size alot. I bought 3 bags of the same brand the other day---two fit fine in my CPVC as always, but the other I have to twist in. It would probably be much less time consuming than putting new barrels on your guns.
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:51 PM

Haha.. you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is: Never get involved in a land war in Asia. Only slightly less well known is this: Never mod all your guns until you have enough FBR to last forever!

The only thing I can think of is just looking for better FBR.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 12:58 PM

Thanks guys. I see that I should have stocked up on some fbr. On the bright side, I can use the fatter ones on my homemade that uses a sch80 barrel. Off to ace!

Edited by CustomSnake202, 15 June 2004 - 12:58 PM.

#5 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 07:52 PM

Never mod all your guns until you have enough FBR to last forever!

word on the street is you're running a little low... :w00t:
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#6 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 08:45 PM

Maybe if you squeeze or stretch them a bit they might fit into your barrels but dont go with my advice if you have already found a solution. Or just do wat cx and volt said.:w00t:
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#7 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 11:06 PM

word on the street is you're running a little low... :w00t:

Hah! Shows how much you know... I won't have that 'problem' anymore. Look at this testimonial I got in my inbox!

I've been using your product for 4 months now. I've increased my length from 2" to nearly 6" . Your product has saved my nerf life." I'm no longer embarrassed of my FBR size and now I have the confidence to pick up any girl that walks.
Matt, FL

Like me, you must be a little skeptical when 'matt' (real name? I think not!) puts "nerf" and "girl" in the same paragraph but how can you argue with the results?! Clearly this is the way to make a little bit go a loooong way!

#8 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:07 PM

What the fuck is the "product" that Matt has been using? FBR, penis, saving nerf life. Confusing

Ol' Crank
Tyranny Response Team

#9 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:22 PM

Heh... if buying alot of FBR increases your chances with girls, hell, I'll go and buy hundreds of feet of the stuff... my luck with women is abysmal. Air, don't get on the subject of that one girl, that's just... you know, an outlier.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 16 June 2004 - 12:22 PM.

#10 jpshyboi9

jpshyboi9

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 01:12 PM

No offense or anything but I usualy take about 1 primary gun with me, 1 secondary gun, and maybe 2 other loaners or broken-for-parts-guns.

#11 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:39 PM

Haha, that's hilarious! I still have a bag full of fbr. ^_^
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#12 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 06:42 PM

I think Matt's real name is Kevin and runs a site Juvin.com as well as nerfhaven.com Kevin like long walks on the beach, moonlit walks, candlelight dinners, and using brass as a sex toy. Email cxwq@nerfhaven.com if you like Kevin.

Now your product really helps.
Tyranny Response Team

#13 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:48 PM

I think Matt's real name is Kevin and runs a site Juvin.com as well as nerfhaven.com 

now that's where you're wrong. "Matt" owns www.jewvin.com. a slight misspelling, that's okay. as for the brass as a sex toy, that's weirder than spoon at a LANO, "Just come to my car, I've got some lube in there."
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#14 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:41 AM

I usually cut a small peice off of the roll and test it in my barrels. If it's too fat, I stretch it so it will fit.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#15 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:02 PM

I forgot this thread had a point. Talio, if it's too fat, do you stretch 20' of FBR? How long does that take?
Tyranny Response Team

#16 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 10:39 PM

So darts that fit sch 80 don't fit 9/16 brass?
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#17 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 10:43 PM

So darts that fit sch 80 don't fit 9/16 brass?

Fit is a relative term.

My darts that fit perfectly in 9/16" K&S brass fit loosely in SCH80. By perfectly I mean there is no light visible between the dart and the brass, but I can blow them through with very little effort. By loosely I mean when I hold the gun with barrel up and drop a dart in, it settles 14" to the plunger in about 3 seconds with no assistance save gravity.

#18 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 10:51 PM

With all of this talk about lengths of FBR... I can't help but stare at my 500' spool that I got on sale for 5.75$ CDN. RCR brand too.

Wow... and I have a girlfriend too (3 months). I guess I owe it all to my 500' spool. Thank you RCR, you really helped me out... although I bought your 'product' about a month after I... yeah, you get it.

FBR sucks.

(okay where am I going with this?)

(oh yeah)

FBR changes in size all the time... pipe change in size all the time. FBR could fit in Shd. 80 and 9/16ths, depends on the size of the Shd. 80.

Okay I'm confusing myself, I hope I made sense.

Edited by Xx_Black-Wrath_xX, 17 June 2004 - 10:56 PM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#19 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 11:11 PM

The only reason you have a girlfriend is because of your FBR length. Just remember that if you ever meet cxwq, his is longer. That means you'll be short of one girlfriend.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#20 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 01:53 AM

And that is how CX married Julie . . . :D

**Case Closed**

P.S. Please Don't Eat Me CX
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users