Photo

How to remove the safeties from the Barricade rev-10

3 replies to this topic

#1 481IceDragon

481IceDragon

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

So I'm trying to cram as many useful posts as I can before I leave for school tomorrow...SO! Lets remove a barricades safties shall we? Such irritating devices has bro puts these already mediocre blasters.

Tools required:
Barricade, obviously...
Sautering iron.
Posted Image

Bag/ container for miscellaneous screw and goodies
Posted Image

Needle nose type pliers and Phillips head screw driver. Also, solder. I picture two different types, 60-40 lead/tin rosin core, and lead free 96-4 silver/bearing solder.
Posted Imagen

So lets begin shall we?? Take your barricade, and unscrew every single screw. Duh. There is one in the battery tray, and one in the switch, so don't forget them..
Posted Image

Butterfly it open, and kinda remember how everything is. This will help in the reassembly.
Posted Image

Take these two screws out of this thing.
Posted Image

Unscrew the large headed screw enough to relieve the spring and pull out the spring and orange thing. It should look like this when your done..
Posted Image
Now just screw that thing back in.

-now onto the tricky part. Rewiring the jam door safety.
I've previously taken my jam door out, so use your imagination.. Sorry :blush:/> ..l
Take out your turret, and these two screws..
Posted Image

Use your pliers to pull this sensor up, and cut all. The wires going to it off..
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now take the red wire coming from the flywheels, and the red wire previously attached to the sensor, and sauter the, together.
And yes I'm aware my wires insulation is stripped off. YOLO, dudes.
Sorry for the blurry picture but the blob in the middle is saughter
Posted Image
Now put your turret back in, and seal it up

#2 Bobololo

Bobololo

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

If you're going to open up a Barricade and remove the safeties, you might as well take out the thermistor.
Also, it's spelled "solder" and "soldering"

#3 481IceDragon

481IceDragon

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

If you're going to open up a Barricade and remove the safeties, you might as well take out the thermistor.
Also, it's spelled "solder" and "soldering"

I agree. But I was told to leave this one purely stock, asides from safties, and if I want to get paid, I listen to the money. And I thought solder and saughter were two different things. My bad.

#4 storm98

storm98

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • State:Oregon

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

You don't have to take out the sensor attached to the jam door, you just take out the jam door and your fine, no soldering required!
"There's only one god ma'am , and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."
-Captain America

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your profile to help him gain world domination. (yes i found this on another profile)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users