Or "You used a skirt seal for that pos?

5 replies to this topic

#1 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

So ballgun rounds are kind of a thing at the HAMNO's. I decided to put a skirt seal on my Ballzooka to help me out a bit. Let's jump right in.

Remove the blue shell.
Posted Image

Then take out the green handle/plunger. Be careful to not let the spring-loaded catch pieces go flying. Take a look at the plunger head.
Posted Image

Remove the yellow plastic bit at the front. I could just pop mine off with my hands, but you might need a screwdriver or something to pry it off. With that gone, the seal can be removed as well.
Posted Image

Slice off the stub that the seal was mounted on.
Posted Image

Drill a 9/64ths hole in the center of the plunger head.
Posted Image

Several steps in one picture. Whoops. Anyway, mount the skirt seal (9562K46) however you wish. The best method would probably be to cut a 7/8" diameter circle out of some 3/8" thick polycarbonate and drill a 9/64 hole in the center. I didn't have 3/8" polycarbonate, so I used 1/4" and a #6 washer. For the front piece I cut a 1-1/4" circle of 1/8" (I think) polycarbonate and drilled a 9/64 hole. You could use a fender washer here if you had one. Whatever you use, it has to be thin. I tried a circle of 1/4" polycarbonate first since I had one already cut, but the gun doesn't work with a piece that thick. Assemble with a 6-32 screw and a nut or two.
Posted Image

You may need to cut down the screw port on the other side of the shell so it doesn't hit the screw here.

Lube up the skirt. Reassemble the gun. Refer to the first pic. Done.

Edited by snakerbot, 24 November 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#2 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Totally cool, now if I ever get one, my balls will be even more powerful :P
S.C.U.N.

#3 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Nice job! I like how simple it is. How are the ranges after the mod, compared to the original ones? Now, if only I had one of these!
NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#4 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Actual numerical ranges for ballguns are pretty silly, so I won't give any. I will however tell you how it fares after HAMNO 1.4 tomorrow. As for getting one, I can't help you there. I was just lucky enough to walk into a goodwill 10 minutes after this (and five other guns) showed up there, according to the employees.

#5 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

I've used the big grommet seals what we used on some LpLs and +Bows a while back and it definitely helps. How much actually depends a lot on how hard you push, though. Stock yellow balls with the stock barrel restriction max out about 30-35 feet.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#6 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

I've used the big grommet seals what we used on some LpLs and +Bows a while back and it definitely helps. How much actually depends a lot on how hard you push, though. Stock yellow balls with the stock barrel restriction max out about 30-35 feet.

Pretty much. I actually pulled the plunger out of the gun after firing only two balls at HAMNO 1.4 today, so I can't give too much on ranges, but it seemed better than stock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users