Photo

range master problems

3 replies to this topic

#1 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

I recently bought a range master at target and it is not shooting good at all. I added 2 cpvc couplers for making a cpvc breech and it will only shoot like 10 feet. I am using a butyrate barrel. there is absolutely no air leaking from the coupler to tank seal and the barrel seal is basically
perfect. I pluged the oprv. I have a panther that has a e tape seal and it shoots sooo much harder than this range master. What confuses me is that when I put the dart down the coupler stub it will shoot like recon range. It is almost like the tank doesn't have enough volume in it. I have been going from 7 inch barrels to 2 inch barrels. Every time the same thing happens and it just kind of falls out of the barrel. I an pumping it up 7 to 8 times. It holds air just fine and gets harder to pump as usual to any air gun. I am not posting pics because I see no need for this. If someone wants me to show a pic just ask. Anyone got any advise?

Edited by quertyman, 17 November 2012 - 01:20 AM.

I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

#2 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

I recently bought a range master at target and it is not shooting good at all. I added 2 cpvc couplers for making a cpvc breech and it will only shoot like 10 feet. I am using a butyrate barrel. there is absolutely no air leaking from the coupler to tank seal and the barrel seal is basically
perfect. I pluged the oprv. I have a panther that has a e tape seal and it shoots sooo much harder than this range master. What confuses me is that when I put the dart down the coupler stub it will shoot like recon range. It is almost like the tank doesn't have enough volume in it. I have been going from 7 inch barrels to 2 inch barrels. Every time the same thing happens and it just kind of falls out of the barrel. I an pumping it up 7 to 8 times. It holds air just fine and gets harder to pump as usual to any air gun. I am not posting pics because I see no need for this. If someone wants me to show a pic just ask. Anyone got any advise?

How is your dart/barrel fit? I know from experience that even a small amount of leakage around the dart can cause a huge decrease in range.
NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#3 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

I think you may have a leak between your air outlet and your barrel. Or, there's the fact that these are Back-pressure tanks, which are the bitchiest tank type ever invented. If it wasn't shooting good before you modified it, I'd say it's thoroughly broken.

I don't think it's the pump or the pump seal, due to the "getting harder to pump" bit.

Edited by Exo, 17 November 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#4 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

I am using beige best materials foam and clear 1/2 butyrate barrels. As I said before my panther is shooting very hard withe the same setup and I know that they are similar. My panther is shooting less than my plusbow and I would guess about 90 feet which I know is normal.my dart fit is semi-hard push fit into the butyrate. I know this isn't exactly air gun fit but I do know that it works just fine with my panther.

EDIT You actually may be right on the tank stock. It wasn't shooting as good as I expected when I first shot it. It was only shooting like 30-40 feet if not less. Then again all I have been shooting recently is singled big blasts and my plus bow.

Again it almost seems like it is not outputting enough air even though the tank seals and pumps just fine.

Edited by quertyman, 17 November 2012 - 02:13 PM.

I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users