Photo

Where To Buy A Laser Pointer?

10 replies to this topic

#1 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 04:31 PM

I'm trying to find a simple laser pointer for my Nerf modded Super Soaker---not one of those fancy $100 laser pens, just a simple <$10 laser pointer. I've searched Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy, and (forgive me lord) Radio Shack, but they don't have any thing. I've also searched Froogle, but all I can get is $80 laser pens and a $2 laser pointer with $5 shipping. I didn't think it would be this hard... but can somebody please just tell me where I can find a good laser pointer?
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#2 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 05:24 PM

I'm going to regret responding, but every dollar store I have been to carries them. That is alot of states. Have you checked them yet? Family Dollar, $1 Dollar Superstore, etc. There ya go. Be happy.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#3 VoLT

VoLT

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 06:06 PM

Well, there aren't very many dollar stores around here, but I'll check.
"Don't hate the little man cuz he's packing a six shooter!" - midget from GTA: San Andreas

My username is a good example of what happens when you leave caps lock on.

#4 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 06:29 PM

Swap meets or Flea Markets usally carry them.
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#5 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 07:00 PM

Forgive me, whoever is reading... yeah.

I cleaned out a dollarstore of 50 pointers, 1.50$ CDN each, and sold them for 5$ CDN each at school. The profit was amazing. Anyways, they weren't the best laser pointers, but they got the job done. If you're looking for the better ones, that are bigger and have a plastic, lockable button, then you're looking at specialty stores with a 25$ wad of cash in your hand. Sorry man, that's really all there is to it.

Best of luck.

Oh, and a useless tidbit: All of my blasters have laserpointer sights for target practicing in my basement, it's amazingly accurate, I love it.

Edited by Xx_Black-Wrath_xX, 13 June 2004 - 07:01 PM.

Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#6 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:30 AM

~$1.50 snip~

Buck or Two? I picked up one for myself, and forgot to stock up. Then broke the weak little bastard by trying to solder what I first thought was plastic (but wait, why would they use a polymer for a conducting surface when copper is so much cheaper? Right??), then later confirmed as plastic when my soldering pencil deformed it beyond conduction. Yep.

They're no longer in at the last Buck or Two I checked, but I'll be searching around. My aim with a Blastfire sucks, and the people I play with now may not mind so much about lasers. [The Old Guard were against lasers... Yet didn't wear eye protection against Size 7 Fishing Weights wrapped in foam and hot glue. No sense.]
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#7 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:47 AM

~$1.50 snip~

~everything snip~

Yeah, A Buck or Two was where I went. Ha, I just wanted to stock up to sell them, and now that I'm left with 4, I wish I had kept some more. They break so damn easily it's not funny, but that's okay... well, it isn't. I also soldered mine to a bigger battery and circuit system... bad idea.

I have 5 different dollar stores within 4 minutes of my house... too many choices of cheap crap.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#8 Goat

Goat

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 11:22 AM

One place that has a poor selection of laserpointers is Frys. It has something like three brands. They have expensive and inexpensive laserpointers. You'll probably have to ask a salesclerk, when I went they were in a strange place.
Bag it.-C.S.I.

#9 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:25 PM

Here's a really cheap laser.

#10 Spark Plug

Spark Plug

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 07:36 PM

Here's a really cheap laser.

My brother has that laser pointer, but you can get them at menards (at least i did) for $10

#11 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 07:47 PM

I'm going to regret responding, but every dollar store I have been to carries them. That is alot of states. Have you checked them yet? Family Dollar, $1 Dollar Superstore, etc. There ya go. Be happy.

That's where I got mine, and I just got it today.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users