Photo

broken plunger head in retaliator and/or rampage?

how do you prevent this?

7 replies to this topic

#1 spacephrawg

spacephrawg

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Sorry i have no pics. A guy i know reports that after some time using the OMW 5kg spring in his Retaliator, he's got a crack in his plunger head. I asked him if he thought it might be preventable if he completely filled the depression in the plunger head with epoxy putty or hot glue and he said maybe but the depression is there for a reason re: the actual priming of the blaster. Is that so?

Meanwhile Griffinmods on Youtube came up with a dead space removal for elite blaster plunger tubes:

That mod as you can see, requires reducing the size of the leading edge of the plunger head's gasket-retaining rim just a bit. Would that help?

If not, is there a way to pad this thing or otherwise prevent cracking and eventual destruction?

#2 Goldie

Goldie

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

As far as I know your up a shit creek with out a paddle. Sorry. I had this happen to some kid on my block and frankly I have let to pin-point a reason for this. I think it has something to do with the springs them self's, I have one of those 5 kg springs and they were closer to 6 kg. Perhaps they screwed up at orange mod works?

Padding will help(till the pad falls off).

Longshots are terribad and you should feel bad.
Crossbow shells suck and your mom sucks.

S.C.U.N.

#3 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

I personally haven't opened up these blasters yet, but perhaps being careful and gluing some tiny bits of foam or bits from a rubber band around the plunger head ring. Also make sure not to get it too close to the outside edges as it would interfere with the plunger itself.

#4 ExAlpha

ExAlpha

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

Here's a post on how to replace the plunger head titled "Recon/raider/deploy/longstrike Plungertube Replacement":

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=19512
Call me Timo. Captain Timo.

#5 Crater

Crater

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Here's a post on how to replace the plunger head titled "Recon/raider/deploy/longstrike Plungertube Replacement":

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=19512

I don't think that'll help much, because the Elite blasters have a totally different plunger system.
Crater is a combination of a box and a dent in the ground. (Thanks Tangerle)

I'll stand on my head and gargle peanut butter for 70 dollars.

#6 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

I pad almost all my plungers, and it helps a lot in sound reduction, and longevity of the blasters.
I haven't had a plunger or plunger head crack on me yet, so I recommend doing it.
As for you're plunger head, I think the only chance to bring it back to life is to fill it with epoxy or glue, and then pad it.
I don't know if it messes with the priming, but I can't think of any other way to do it.

Good luck:)

Mully
S.C.U.N.

#7 ExAlpha

ExAlpha

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

I don't think that'll help much, because the Elite blasters have a totally different plunger system.

I'll find another link then. I forgot about the different plunger system in Elite blasters.
Call me Timo. Captain Timo.

#8 spacephrawg

spacephrawg

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

good to know, all of it, though all i really wanted to do was increase the spring tension a bit on the stock setup. i should have mentioned that the first time around. same dif though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users