anyone modded one?

11 replies to this topic

#1 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 05:47 PM

I was wondering if anyone here has modded an Ultimator before- my friend has one, and he is willing to let me mod it. I was just wondering if it was even worth modding, and if so, what kind of ranges should I expect if I modified it to shoot micros.

~ompa

#2 El Hombre

El Hombre

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 04:00 PM

Yeah I've got one modded for darts, check my profile for a pic- it's not perfected but it's really strong and gets extreme range. I'll have to get my friend's digital camera and take some up-close shots of the mod and put them up here soon, so check back later this week..

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:01 PM

Thanks a ton man, are we talking about 120+ feet ranges?

~ompa

#4 El Hombre

El Hombre

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:19 PM

Yeah pretty much with a 24 inch barrel, a standing level shot gets around 80 feet, and I'm sure angled shots reach around 120, probably more with a good dart (It's POWERFUL) The best way I can describe the mod was using various sizes of pvc adaptors, duct tape, and the tube from one of those individual milk drinks you can get (almost perfect size for the barrel and cylindrical)- the addon telescopes down to 1/2 pvc size. It's also convenient because it's just a removable barrel addon and doesn't require mutilating the gun. Ahh it's hard to explain beyond that, I'll just get some pictures up later to show how it was done.

#5 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:34 PM

hm... if I get like 100 flat that'd be nice.. I suppose I'll have to open up the gun and take a look as well- also, I'll be hotgluing the adaptors onto the barrel, so I should have a good seal.

~ompa

#6 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:02 PM

Really nice GUN!! But hope you don’t mind the criticism there is then no point for an ultimator. Why make a really huge gun shoot 100feet when you can make a maxshot for example shoot that same distance, with half the size. Then again I understand that is must be pretty cool to strap a bazooka size gun one our side and blast people from 100. I also don’t have much knowledge on this gun so therefore don’t know the ranges. But the ammo seems big so I thought the range could not be that bad. Otherwise really nice looking gun
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:06 PM

Yeah, it's mainly for looks for me. But I'd really like it if it was functional as well. Anyone have any input in it's brother, the Maxmizer?

~ompa

#8 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:17 PM

I'll be hotgluing the adaptors onto the barrel, so I should have a good seal.

I think you meant to say is this:
Im really lazy, so I'll be hotgluing the adaptors onto the barrel.  I'll be getting a pretty craptacular seal because hotglue doesnt bond well at all.

THIRST

Edited by THIRST, 14 June 2004 - 06:18 PM.

ko

#9 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:44 PM

so what do you recommend? I epoxy the damn barrel on there? I would like it so that it's reversable, not permanent. Hot glue I can rip off again, and it seems to make a good enough seal- at least better than just sliding it over, which is my other option. Did I post that I would like it if it was reversable? I think so. Also, yes, I'm lazy, and I don't give a damn.

~ompa

#10 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:04 AM

With the Maximizer? Dude, you'll be fine. Couplers (and especially reducers) fit really tightly into one another, and at least on the Maximizer I'm positive it's about as good of a seal as you're gonna get. 1" coupler with a 1" to 1/2" reducer and you can use a PVC barrel. You don't even need hot glue, trust me. It's a super tight squeeze to get the 1" PVC coupler onto the Maximizer's stock barrel.

If the Ultimator has a barrel that is a standard size (I'd have to go into the basement and check) that would be perfect without glue too.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#11 El Hombre

El Hombre

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:06 AM

Did you know the longer the pvc is on this gun, the farther the range you'll get? It has so much power that you don't really have to worry about dart inner drag. Remember I only use a 2 ft. barrel, I've tried longer barrels and got even better ranges but then it's really hard to just tote around, and your pvc will curve down a little due to it's own weight.

But I guess when it boils down to on-the-field combat this gun really isn't as practical as most would want. Long priming really slows its potential- I guess one thing it could be good for would be capture the flag, where one person just sits really far away with it and picks off invaders (keeping a backup gun for rushers might be a good idea) but you get the idea. Yeah blink_182 you're probably right, most people probably say a Maxshot is way more practical than an Ultimator.

Waiting to get those pics up still.. need camera back..

Edited by El Hombre, 16 June 2004 - 03:07 AM.

#12 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 07:29 AM

Lol I know, but the scare factor is great. And I was thinking about modding a maximizer as well- that is if I end up buying one. That's my other question- is the maximizer as powerful as the maxshot?

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users