Superlative Plunger Head Help

They are a pain in the ass apparently.

2 replies to this topic

#1 KaptainKrazy

KaptainKrazy

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

I decided to start my adventure into homemades by ordering a pumpSNAP kit with all the necessary parts already machined, supposedly to make my life easier. Every thing is great, except I can't get the seal right. It seems I'll get perfect seal (I.e. holding hand over bushing, plunger stops) but when ever I hook it up to my hopper, the darts don't even come out of the barrel. It also is very hard to prime because it creates a vacuum. The hopper is functional, because I tested it with a +bow at a recent war. Any advice on how to get the seal right? I've been fiddling with it for a week now and haven't gotten anywhere.

Edited by KaptainKrazy, 26 October 2012 - 03:32 PM.

the only mod you can have is the range extetder mod.

#2 Phoenix66

Phoenix66

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

You probably need a check valve somewhere along the line of fire. Either in the hopper, or the plunger head itself. You can look at some of the RBP rev 2 pictures somewhere in the Homemades picture thread, and you can see how Ryan did a skirt seal and a check valve on his plunger heads.

The more the merrier (except if you're a 10 year old with a foam sword. In which case - the fewer the better)

#3 Siriuslyharry

Siriuslyharry

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

You probably need a check valve somewhere along the line of fire. Either in the hopper, or the plunger head itself. You can look at some of the RBP rev 2 pictures somewhere in the Homemades picture thread, and you can see how Ryan did a skirt seal and a check valve on his plunger heads.

He doesn't actually have a skirt seal, he has a superlative.
Make sure the rubber washers are curved to fit the inside of the plunger tube to reduce friction. Also, lube them with silicone grease. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users