Photo

Air Zone Triple Shot, Discontinued?

11 replies to this topic

#1 DICE134

DICE134

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hello. If any of you has nerfed with me, you may know that the air zone triple shot is my favorite blaster. Though, the two previous times I stopped at my local TRU I have not seen them. The first time I went to look for it I thought to myself, "maybe they just have to re-stock them," I went again ,and still no triple shots. I would like to know if this blaster is available at your local TRU because I would be sad if this blaster is already discontinued. (sorry if this is in the wrong place.)

Thanks,

Dice

Edited by DICE134, 18 October 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#2 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

You went to the same store twice looking for something and didn't think to ask somebody that works there?
Maybe you should try that, then if they do still sell them they can order you one.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#3 therealnerfjunkies

therealnerfjunkies

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Here in SoCal, they still have them. But, they only have the HvZ repaint that costs like 20 bucks. I found them on the toysrus website. Just type in tripleshot.
"You forgot the one rule of making a remake. Don't fuck with the original."

#4 Cambo11235

Cambo11235

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

We have plenty in Springfield, MO. The red ones are 10$.
Ninja Squad
Assault Crew
Minion

Light Green

#5 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hey man, ya, there clearing them out.
I got mine off of tru on ebay, for 6.99, on clearance.
Before I did that, I called up like three tru's, and they all looked for on their shelves, and then let me know it was discontinued.
Bummer.
S.C.U.N.

#6 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

Yes they still sell them. Here is a link to Toys Are Us' page:http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=4044448' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>TRU
NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#7 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Hmmmmmm, well, they said at tru's, that they were taking them out of the shelves.
Anyway, the last time I checked, the website said they were on clearance.
Better by em now:)
S.C.U.N.

#8 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Ya I just ordered one yesterday for 10$ off the site but they only had the ugly green repaint. :(
I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

#9 DICE134

DICE134

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Cheyner, your probably right. I should have asked somebody that works there (it just wasn't going through my head while I was at the store). For those who talked about the TRU website thanks for the info. All I knew about this blaster is that on Amazon the price went up to 30$, and usually when amazon raises a price on something it's probably on its way to discontinuation (?).

#10 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

I hope that the admins don't think that this thread is too old but I received my triple shot today and I was very surprised because it came in the rare(er) red color which I think is awesome. Also the manufacturer date says 2009 so maybe tru ran out of green and found some red ones. If I get some more money I think I will buy another.
I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

#11 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

I don't want to see anymore posts in thread unless it's something like "I talked to the TRU manager and he said this". While it does seem like they might be in the process of discontinuing it, no-one is offering anything beyond conjecture and scuttlebutt.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 23 October 2012 - 12:45 PM.

#12 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Well, just to answer any last questions, I talked to 4-5 tru's, and they all said it was discontinued.
The only place you can still get them is on the tru website.

Mully
S.C.U.N.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users