Yes. Kane and Ryan are visiting because they are trying to escape real winter. Let us have a good time.
8 December 2012
10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (because it will probably be dark by four)
120 Via Verde
San Dimas, CA 91773
We will be playing in the East Picnic Zone. To get there, enter the park and hang right on the road. You will pass a very large play structure after about a minute and a half of driving. A minute after that there will be a sign and a road you can turn left onto in order to reach a parking area. The sign will point to the road as the way to get to the East Picnic Zone.
What to bring:
- Nerf (and other brand) blasters, and homemades. Melee weapons are allowed, but no shields.
- Eye protection (mandatory for all participating parties).
- Water, or similarly hydrating beverage.
- DARTS: THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART.
- If you are making normal slug darts, make them with #6 washers ONLY. No #8 washers. If you need instructions, this is the guide you should use.
- Kane and Ryan will almost certainly not be bringing traditional slug darts. They will have darts that do not have any sort of hard plastic or metal in them, including but not limited to VANS and the silicone-dome darts.
- Update: The hosts will be providing many AMIORs for free use. They are pink foam, fit tightly in CPVC, and are metal-free and safe. There will be a lot of them.
- Any kind of dart that fits under this category (i.e. Kane-developed safe darts) should be fine. I will happily answer any and all questions. If you want a harsher opinion, ask Kane.
What not to bring:
- No guns with an airtank bigger than the airtank on a UMB, unless you are exclusively firing larger ammo (e.g. Draconis rockets). I will spot ban things I find suspicious.
- Any sort of glue-tipped dart. Aim to keep dart mass under 1.3g, if they contain metal. Aim to have them tipped with felt, because that's easy. Silicone also works.
- Nothing painted black, and no Sceptors with uncovered tanks.
- This war is structured to play like wars in Chicago and on the East coast. Gametypes will primarily be in the vein of carpe testiculum and deathmatch as a result, with a heavy bias towards the former.
- No barrel taps. Your ammo should be soft, and will do less damage than hitting them with the barrel of your gun.
- If you haven't made slug darts before, don't worry. They're cheap and simple. THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO MAKE THEM.
I will be happy to answer any questions, either here or via PMs.
Cannonball Plus Some
The Real Nerf Junkies
Definitely not coming:
Edited by Ice Nine, 20 November 2012 - 12:44 PM.