Buzz Bee/Air Zone Panther Help

Help!

10 replies to this topic

#1 iModify

iModify

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

I just got Panther from Toys R Us and modded it. When I shot the Panther it wasn't amazing like everyone says it is, when I pump it 4-6 times it gets better ranges then 10-15 pumps :/ The modifications i've done to it.. rebarreled with a CPVC coupler, plugged pump.

Here's some pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Also, should I drill this out?^

Video:

I know that's a really short barrel, but if I put in a longer barrel the dart goes about 10ft.

Thanks!

Air guns go bang bang

-iModify

#2 BiwinningPanda

BiwinningPanda

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Are your darts tight in your barrel? If so I would recommend goop and/ or epoxy to connect the coupler, so it can build pressure in the barrel.
LT.DAN ICE CREAM!!!!!! In response to the Tribal Council: Someone break out the Michael Jackson popcorn gif, this shit just got interesting.

#3 iModify

iModify

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Are your darts tight in your barrel? If so I would recommend goop and/ or epoxy to connect the coupler, so it can build pressure in the barrel.

My darts have a twist fit in my barrel.
Air guns go bang bang

-iModify

#4 BiwinningPanda

BiwinningPanda

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

My darts have a twist fit in my barrel.

Then that is most likely your problem. Use Plumbing Goop or a plastics epoxy like I said before. The Air will go the path of least resistance, so if there is any leak in your hot glue the air pressure won't be focused completely on firing the dart. Good luck!
LT.DAN ICE CREAM!!!!!! In response to the Tribal Council: Someone break out the Michael Jackson popcorn gif, this shit just got interesting.

#5 iModify

iModify

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Ok, i'm out of Goop. Thanks!
Air guns go bang bang

-iModify

#6 bhajj94

bhajj94

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Your air tank may have sprung a leak, and it takes a certain pressure to make the air leak out. So after 4-5 pumps, you end up losing pressure. Try to pump it while under water and see if there are any bubbles.

Edited by bhajj94, 10 October 2012 - 08:30 PM.

Probably lurking somewhere...

#7 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

This isn't the cause to your problem, but enlarging that hole will increase your range, most likely by a significant amount. I did it to my panther by holding it upside down and slowly circling it with my utility knife to slowly enlarge it without getting pieces of debris in the air chamber. If you cannot solve your problem, just unplug your pump as 6-8 pumps is the usual amount that the air tank holds.

Edited by ShaNayNay, 10 January 2013 - 10:35 PM.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#8 iModify

iModify

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

This isn't the cause to your problem, but anlarging that hole will increase your range, most likely by a significant amount, as doing so in AT3K's does. I dud it to my panther by holding it upside down and slowly circling it with my utility knife to slowly anlarge it without getting pieces of debris in the air chamber. If you cannot solve your problem, just unplug your pump as 4-6 pumps is the usual amount that the air tank holds.

Ok, if I drill the hole out it wont hold air. Right?

*EDIT* After playing around with the internals I found out a bunch of air was escaping here:
Posted Image
Anyone know what is happening?

Edited by iModify, 10 October 2012 - 10:47 PM.

Air guns go bang bang

-iModify

#9 makeitgo

makeitgo

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

I think you simply have a dud. It happens.

Air is suppose to leak out there when you press it. That's the blast button. It's how back pressure tanks work.
"...he is one speedy bastard." ~ Cheyner

#10 iModify

iModify

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

I think you simply have a dud. It happens.

Air is suppose to leak out there when you press it. That's the blast button. It's how back pressure tanks work.

Alright, thanks MIG
Air guns go bang bang

-iModify

#11 Ponzi123

Ponzi123

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

I got 2 of each Air Zone and Buzz Bee the Buzz Bee Panther really shot about 5-10 feet further.
Anybody in the Toledo or Northwest ,Ohio looking to nerf send me a personal message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users