Photo

Prince Caspian wrist crossbow mod.

3 replies to this topic

#1 shamgar1981

shamgar1981

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Built this up a few months ago because I liked the aesthetics of the shooter but I was sorely disappointed in its power. I'm not the only one, but I didn't want to necro that post just to post these.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I took the wrist crossbow and removed the old firing mechanism and hacked it down until I could fit the tube, plunger, and just enough of the back part of the shell of a night finder in (after removing the air restricter.) I filled in the small part of the nightfinders shell I kept with plastic epoxy (being careful to not block the plunger or the catch) and then dremeled it down to a manageable size. The catch for the plunger now acts as the release button directly. I removed the normal pull of the nightfinder and screwed and epoxied the pull from the crossbow to the back of it, then riveted a few copper pipe holders to hold the nightfinders tube in place. Lastly I replaced the nylon straps with some leather ones I made. I still need my opposite hand to fire it, but I am working on some ideas to remedy that, perhaps a solenoid/battery/button combination to hit the catch (or replace it.) All this and it was my first attempt at modding anything nerf. It also went well with my vampire hunter setup for the renaissance festival.
Posted Image
I've got a few other local people that want me to make one for them, so if anyone's interested I will post a making of at some point.

Edited by shamgar1981, 12 October 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#2 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

A post like this belongs more in the modifications/paintjobs thread since explanatory photos of the modification process are pretty lacking.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#3 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

...modding anything nerf...vampire hunter...renaissance festival...
Posted Image

Even the nerds you hang out with think that you're an enormous dork. I just wanted you to know that.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#4 nomad01

nomad01

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

Even the nerds you hang out with think that you're an enormous dork. I just wanted you to know that.
[/quote]

Says the anal retentive moderator of a nerf site. Glass houses, thats all I'm saying :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users