Range master Tank help

Another newb needs help.

3 replies to this topic

#1 The Snake

The Snake

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Im a new member here. I know i should make a writeup or something first, but i really need help.
Ive been trying to mod a buzz bee range master recently. I read the mod guides, and started on it. Something i didnt realize is that i cut the barrel to short. I was trying to make a cpvc breech. It wont seal anymore.
PIcs:
Posted Image
Sorry that they are linked. It says" You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board" I use photo bucket.
Anyways The white looking thing somehow seals with the tank. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I will also post a writeup on the range master cpvc breech mod if I figure out the problem.

Edited by Langley, 12 October 2012 - 02:14 PM.
Learn to use Photobucket properly. You need a direct link to the image.

Go Nerf!
"This may send you into peals of laughter" -Zero Talent

#2 Nerfomania

Nerfomania

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

The tank is trashed, I did this with my First Range Master as well.

Posted Image

You have to cut in front of the seam.

Unless you want to attempt to glue it back together (which might be viable), it is essentially trash at this point.
20:45 Talio I'll have the talk with you
20:45 Talio penis in vagina
20:45 Talio fin

#3 The Snake

The Snake

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Thanks Nerfomania. I guess i should have payed attention to more detail. I am currently thinking of a way to save this tank. since the sspb is a backpressure tank i may cut it open to see how it works so i can work out a solution. If i do come up with one, i will definetley post a write up about it In the mods directory. Thanks again.
Go Nerf!
"This may send you into peals of laughter" -Zero Talent

#4 makeitgo

makeitgo

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

I've actually tried doing this on purpose to 2 Panther tanks to see if I could widen the the hole and add a wider rubber cap to the piston. Both attempts failed.

I've discovered that the distance of the piston to where and how it comes in contact with the release hole is VERY precise for these (Panther and Range Master) backpressure tanks. Both of my attempts have failed in creating that perfect distance. What that is precisely? I couldn't tell you. All that I can tell you is that your tank is pretty much toast. Sorry. I'm only letting you know now before you beat your head around the bush trying to make it go. It's a lost cause. Buy a new one.
"...he is one speedy bastard." ~ Cheyner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users