Where to buy them?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Blood Angel

Blood Angel

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hello everyone,

I recently took my prototype bow blaster out to BURN Round 9: Big Nerf in Little China and had a successful combat run.

The problem is that the prototype bow blaster only work well when using the 1.3g silicone tip darts I borrowed from a friend.

I DID look at the Velocity Tag, Hanzo, inform3r, and Oznerf before starting this thread.

But i didn't get much luck. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get about 200-300 of those darts or even just the tips?

If not, does anyone know how I can modify or create darts that have a 1.3g (or heavier) dart tip?

Thanks for your time.

#2 BiwinningPanda

BiwinningPanda

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

I would contact one of the people you listed, those are pretty much the only places that sell/ have sold them. Inform3r said he was going to start selling his soon, so I'd wait for that. Good luck!
LT.DAN ICE CREAM!!!!!! In response to the Tribal Council: Someone break out the Michael Jackson popcorn gif, this shit just got interesting.

#3 Elmo1234

Elmo1234

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Use slingshot weights if you really want similar weight.

#4 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

Silly muppet, metal weights are for kids!

#5 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Silly muppet, metal weights are for kids!

TEEHEE!
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#6 KaptainKrazy

KaptainKrazy

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

I'm guessing that he is looking for metal free.

To the OP, have you looked at KaneTheMediocre's work? He has some viable silicon dart making procedures.

the only mod you can have is the range extetder mod.

#7 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

If you're looking for some pre-manufactured tips, I stumbled across these a few weeks ago. Don't know anything about them, but if you're willing the shell out the money they could be worth a try. Shipping is awful, so I haven't bothered getting any.

As far as my understanding, Velocity Tag is supposedly getting some tips made, but no one has any news about that. Judging from the video they posted online, they seem to be much better. Their (inform3r) older generation tips were basically as hard as plastic, and extremely heavy (1.6-1.7g), without cutting the stem.

If you're willing to make something on your own, you can try these or these.

#8 Blood Angel

Blood Angel

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Thank you Ryan and KaptainKrazy for the info.

I would order the ridiculously expensive (like everything else by Xplorer) X-tips, but they don't give a weight of how much the tips weight. And for the $45.00 + shipping from Singapore I could buy 375 Elite streamline darts and just mod those. I did order the new 1g soft tips and red foam from Hanzo that's supposed to come out by the end of October. Hanzo said they are supposed to be much better, and I did read the test results he did with them.

However, all of that stuff is based off of his blaster (not mine). For me, I still believe the heavier the better (since I am putting out higher psi over a longer distance). If worse comes to worse I can just stick with the Hanzo 1g soft tips and red foam. I am not worried about being metal free but I don't want metal to be exposed, and I think felt over washers just doesn't cut it for safe. I was thinking of putting in a weighted BB and using an elite dart tip (with stem cut off). That should add up to about 1.3g-1.5g per dart and have a safe (squishy) dart tip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users