Photo

Carrying spare raider 35 drums

12 replies to this topic

#1 DevoidLight

DevoidLight

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

I know that the Stampede 18 dart clips are so much easier to carry and load, but I reckon for coolness you can't beat the 35 dart drums. Anyone figured out an effective way to carry a few, and easily reach them in the thick of battle?

#2 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

Posted Image

Glue 2 together, and then throw them in a backpack when done.

#3 owmyquach

owmyquach

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

I know that the Stampede 18 dart clips are so much easier to carry and load, but I reckon for coolness you can't beat the 35 dart drums. Anyone figured out an effective way to carry a few, and easily reach them in the thick of battle?

Yeah we have something awesome that you could use to help you find what you're looking for. It's called the "Search Engine", and I definitely recommend you to try it out!
But real talk now, there's the "dual drum" like above where you tape/glue/epoxy two together, have cardboard drum holsters, or maybe an airsoft tactical vest (I use one that could probably fit it. Any who, 35 round drums aren't very effective in the Stampede if you do a voltage mod, since I've noticed that both 18 round and 35 round drums don't seem to feed fast enough and get stuck very often.

#4 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

I used big ol' dump pouches on my belt.

#5 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

For mine, I drilled a couple of holes in the clear back and threaded some nylon rope through. I then tied the rope ends together to form a loop. That way you can clip the drum to your belt, bandolier, or anything else you want.

Edited by hamoidar, 30 September 2012 - 05:56 PM.

NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#6 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

I have seen a variation of the "glue two drums/18 round mags together" where for a HVZ game the guy made a small box in between the two clips for holding balled up socks in case he ran out. It was quite effective for him, he was one of 7 survivors at the end of the week.
Progress: Just a long line of people saying "See? I told you it could be done"

#7 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

I cut down a Longshot stock in order to hold an extra drum. It also helps to replace the springs in the holding mech with stronger ones or the drum may fall out while running.

I used this holder a few months ago for a night of HvZ with a Raider drum. I didn't have any problems with it at all. However, I only had one on my belt. If you have a few and one shifts to your back, it may flop around because of the configuration of the belt loop. On the side though, it's fairly stable when running.

I used a piece of 1/4" polycarbonate to make the contact surface flat to my side, then added a duct tape belt loop. This is not the best or cleanest way to do this, but it worked for me.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Taking mirror pictures with your clothes on feels weird ;)

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#8 Catboy

Catboy

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

I took part in one war where some guy put drum clips upside down on the bandolier, but it looked REALLY uncomfortable. You might be able to attach them to the tac vest though, or put them in the tac vest blaster pocket thing. Also, you could try looking for real military or airsoft magazine holders. They might work.
You're not the only one with a gun, *****!!! - Trudy Chacon

#9 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

I took part in one war where some guy put drum clips upside down on the bandolier, but it looked REALLY uncomfortable.

Do not do this^ I used to carry mine like that, and now my bandolier elastic is so streched out it can barely hold a 6-clip. Also, when I was carrying a drum like this, it fell out, and the clear part cracked on the stairs.
NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#10 AbstractSociety

AbstractSociety

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

I used big ol' dump pouches on my belt.

I have a dump pouch as well and this is the best way I have of carrying these around.

#11 Catboy

Catboy

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Okay, so I picked up an Israeli paratrooper satchel at a surplus store, and I can fit two raider drums in comfortably.

Do not do this^ I used to carry mine like that, and now my bandolier elastic is so streched out it can barely hold a 6-clip. Also, when I was carrying a drum like this, it fell out, and the clear part cracked on the stairs.

I know right! I personally don't like the 35 round drum, as it adds too much weight to one side of the gun, in my opinion. I'm sure I'm not the first one to do this, but I've found that the 18 round drum fits comfortably in the recon stock. Unfortunately, the recon stock is a bit flimsy, and I'm just a bit too lazy to waste my time modding such a crappy stock when I already have the raider stock 😝 PS, I encourage anyone who has access to a military surplus store to check out the paratrooper satchels I mentioned!

Langley Edit: Merging these because it was reported as a double post, which I guess is true, even though they were several hours apart.
You're not the only one with a gun, *****!!! - Trudy Chacon

#12 Boff

Boff

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

I found this when looking for the same sort of thing. If you've got the time, it wouldn't be too difficult to build a 35 round version for yourself using that design as a base, a sewing machine and some brain work. I'm going to build one for my own drums in my HvZ games because dump bags can be a little awkward when under fire.

#13 Elmo1234

Elmo1234

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

Get some dump pouches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users