Thank you Ahtani

5 replies to this topic

#1 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

OK, so this is fully inspired and copied from Ahtani. I liked this idea so much I got one and did the mod and here is the write up

Posted Image
This is what we start with. 10 screws in the top piece alone and an additional 9 in the body.

Posted Image
In the body the 3 blue circled screws are the only body screws you NEED to remove, the red is optional or at least loosen it.

Posted Image
This is the original breech (not needed) and part of the original gasket (also not needed)

Posted Image
This is the gasket, I thought it would be needed but it is actually not needed and can be completely cut off.

Posted Image
Posted Image
This is the Wye attached to the front of the plunger tube. Securing it with strong adhesive either epoxy, goop super glue, etc...

Posted Image
Posted Image
My Wye at this time is only attached by super glue (albeit like 4 layers of it though) as an added support measure I took strips of craft foam and wrapped the front of the wye (4 layers) it is a snug fit and should support the wye from snapping off.

Posted Image
The front assembly with the craft foam.

Posted Image
The only shell work needed is a slight bit of sanding/dremeling/grinding down at the back end of the front piece of the blaster to fit over the wye.

Posted Image
Blaster fully assembled (minus hopper clip)

My video unboxing/review/mod guide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJsDX1-JQ
At this time I have not done a proper range test, once I do I shall post the results, but guesstimating this thing is probably hitting 75' at least.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#2 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 823 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

Good job, but in any case...
LINK
LINK

#3 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

:(

Well fine then...

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#4 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • State:Utah

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

I've added a length of surgical tubing from the front handle, to the plunger rod and back to the handle on the other side. There were a few shots at the end of ky hopper in which the stock bow arms needed some help to fire.

That's a great blaster though. It has a bigger pt than almost any blaster on the market.
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#5 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:57 PM

Well just did a range test on the crossbow, used a 6 dart and a 4 dart clip... All 10 shots hit 75 feet.

My Youtube Page

#6 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • State:California

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Wow, I like it!
Good job:)

Edited by Mully, 29 October 2012 - 07:55 PM.

S.C.U.N.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users