Pretty bright for LEDs

5 replies to this topic

#1 Silent Sniper 529

Silent Sniper 529

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hey guys! This is my first actual modification post, so I started off with something easy-an attachment mod. First off, I know this has been done before, but since I had a useless tactical-light and a beaten up flashlight, so I thought why not make something more useful? This was kind of a slop-job that I did in two hours, but this wasn't made to look pretty, it was made to make light. Please try to keep the unneccessary slang in the comments to a minimum. If you don't like it, get the heck out. I'll leave it at that.

What you'll need:
Posted Image
-Your tactical light
-Wire cutters
-Wire
-Soldering Iron
-Solder
-Small flashlight
-Small Scredriver
-Hot glue gun
-Hot glue
-Dremmel
-Dremmel Bits
-Sharpie (Optional)

Posted Image
Take all the screws out and this is what is should look like.

Posted Image
These are the parts you won't need.

Posted Image
Make sure not to lose these.

Posted Image
Take all the parts out and locate this switch.

Posted Image
Unsolder or cut the wires off.

Posted Image
Then saw your flashlight down to size to fit in the body. (About 2.5 Inches)

Posted Image
Keep these parts from the flashlight.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Cut out the unneccessary guides on both sides of the shell of the tac light so that the flashlight fits fulsh in the body.

Posted Image
Sand down the battery hatch for the bigger battery cell.

Posted Image
Solder about a 2.5 inch wire to the coil on the inside housing of the flashlight.

Posted Image
Solder the switch to that wire and then solder about a 3 inch wire to the corresponding prong on the switch.

Posted Image
Solder about a 4 inch wire to where the other terminal is on the flashlight. (Mine's terminal was the inner wall)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Solder the battery cell to the correct wires and you have a complete circuit. The light should turn on now. The reason there is an alligator clip where the wire was soldered is because I am lazy and have an abundance of alligator clips! So sue me!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Glue the switch and light in the positions you want. DO NOT glue the battery cell in of you will not be able to change the batteries.

Posted Image
I put E-tape where there where places to see into the shell and then I covered them with hot glue.

Posted Image
Lastly, cut off the screw port for the battery hatch.

Posted Image
Glue it to one side of the shell.

Posted Image
Close it all up and your done!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Silent Sniper 529, 25 September 2012 - 09:19 PM.

"That's some hate."

#2 Silent Sniper 529

Silent Sniper 529

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Sorry about the links guys! Please forgive me! I'm trying to learn how to do this! Anyway, how do you post it just on the page without the links? So sorry guys.

-Silentsniper529
"That's some hate."

#3 owmyquach

owmyquach

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • State:California

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

Use the IMG code instead of the link next time so we don't have to click for each picture. Nicely done, although there's several like this out already, so I don't really know why you did a writeup on it. But again. Well done.

#4 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

Don't apologize... just go back and fix your post. And it's nice to see an additional write up for the Tactical Light idea, plus you did nice detailing... just go back and fix those pictures....

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#5 Guitarzan

Guitarzan

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

It's pretty cool that you made something useful out of a useless piece of "tacticool" gear. My friends and I play zombies late at night so I use a tactical flashlight that is similar to yours on my recon.

I need to get pictures up of my recon, which I call the "Tacticool CS-6." I added tac rails on both sides of the actual blaster, right underneath the priming handle. I also added two additional tac rails on the sides of the recon barrrel attachment. And then attached to the whole rig is a flashlight similar to yours and a "bayonet" made by putting the nerf stonewall knife inside of a recon light attachment.

Edited by Guitarzan, 25 September 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#6 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,893 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

You'll need to go back to your Photobucket pages and copy the "direct" link that is shown on the right hand side. (The ones you have wont work). Then, edit them into your post like this:

[img]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t498/Silentsniper529/Upload9-24-12NASAshirtsDallastripTacticalFlashlight024_zpsf4814482.jpg[/img]

That will display your images inline like this:

Posted Image
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users