Ss2/ssii Intergration

Who would of thought?

5 replies to this topic

#1 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:26 PM

Despite my SS2 being 70% broken (I have to push the pump up and hold it in position every time I fire), I still like messing around with the parts. After doing Cx's mod for the sharp shooter II, I noticed that the empty barrel shaft looked just the right size for an SS2 pump. After about twenty minutes of dremelling and hot gluing, Janet was born:
Posted Image
Score! I had to use the dremel a little bit to make room for the pump, but nothing major. I also dremelled grooves (where the green handle use to be) so the hose for the pump could go through it. After that it was just me and the hot glue. I use some old NF ammo holders to attach the SS2 pump to the Sharp shooter 2, but there are probably better ways to bond the two objects. Like I said, my SS2 is really messed but I'm hoping I can fix it somehow. I just wanted to put everything in place and see how it would work out. What do you think?

#2 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:39 PM

Very nice! I'm also fond of the integration of a high power pump gun into a high-rof spring gun, as I have done a few myself. (different guns but same idea) So now what does this make Janet, an SS4?
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

#3 Half Newb Half Nerfer

Half Newb Half Nerfer

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:42 PM

Looks good. But I think A good way to fit the Secret Shot 2 On/Into the gun would be to modify the case It was already in to fit onto the bottom of The Sharp Shooter 2. Nonetheless, nice intergration.

~Halfling~

Edited by 1/2 Newb 1/2 Nerfer, 09 June 2004 - 01:56 PM.

#4 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:17 PM

If I would of used the original casing for the SS2, the gun would of been too clunky. Plus I wanted to fill out the empty barrel space. And Veggie, i should have called it an ss4 instead of naming it after a terrible singer that I don't even like.

#5 Maverick475

Maverick475

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 08:45 PM

Could you have perhaps put the SS2 pump into the handle of the Sharp Shooter 2? That way, the curve of the pump would fit and then you could have used the empty barrel space with the SS2 barrel, that could have helped keep it small, but I'm not sure if all the internals would fit since I don't have either gun to try myself. Good job though, I love integrations

#6 Raiden

Raiden

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 07:22 PM

Its neat that you have the pump in the gun and the tank outside, rather then the more common tank inegration with the pump strapped to the side, and it looks cool too. Congradulations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users