The Defender T-3

I need help

7 replies to this topic

#1 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 08:26 PM

This is my first topic and it's about the Defender t-3. The gun detaches into an arrow shooter and a handgun. The handgun sucks alot as it only shoots 5-10 feet and the arrow shooter only gets about 30. The two no longer work together because the arrow gun jams. The handgun already has bands, too. If any of you have one of these guns, or just know a mod or two for one, please help!!!

-NSF
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#2 seirus

seirus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 09:16 PM

My T-3 is always the first gun to be picked up as a loaner due to its sinister reputation. For the pistol part. Open her up. Take apart the barrel assembly. You see the green cap? Keep it on, but glue a new barrel into/over it. I used 1/2 in PVC and then schlacked a crayola inside. Stretch the spring or get a new one, and it's good to go. As for the arrow thingy, cut off a segment of the barrel past the air restrictor. Sand out the inside a wee bit, then put in another crayola barrel. Two shots? Oh yeah!

Edited by seirus, 06 June 2004 - 09:16 PM.

Yeah, life sucks, but it does guarantee a trip around the sun every 365 days.

#3 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:18 AM

Thanks, I'm still in school this week so I'll try this later. So, how far do the two shoot? It's better than they are now, but what is the range?

-NSF

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#4 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:03 PM

I just did the same thing as my first shot, 4" of 9/16" brass with 1.25" of 17/32" nested in the back. It needs a ramrod then, but I think it packs a pretty good punch considering how badly it sucks normally. Oh, and just pull the center of the green piece out; it makes the 9/16 fit really snug in the back of the stock barrel. I find what's so cool about this, was in mine at least, the 4" 9/16 just barely protrudes out the front, and it fits airtight in the stock barrel's back section, against the green piece (as mentioned). Then you just have to put e-tape on the front of the 9/16, so it fits snugly in the front of the stock barrel.

The biggest, most important thing to do, is to glue the barrel to the plunger tube. I've found hot glue works fine, you can use what you want. This was the biggest reason why the gun originally sucks, the air doesn't push the dart out with all it's force, lots escapes because of this, much-less-than-airtight joint (I can't call it a seal, it sucks so bad that it isn't.)

One other thing, if the arrow part was on top a lot, you should check the plunger tube for distortion (misshapen-ness, etc.) or cracks, as the missile launcher puts pressure directly on it, with the crazy trigger extension.

Lastly, I’m gonna try to replace the spring, and try to push this thing to it's max, and get rid of that stupid green column thingy, if I get a longer spring, it'll be easy.

If I succeed, I’ll probably buy another T3, and make a write-up with pretty pics and everything.
Either way, for such a piece of crap, i think it came out pretty well.

Oh, and range? I don't have time to measure, but if do all I said correctly, i think youll be impressed by its new 'lack of suck'.
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#5 seirus

seirus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:05 PM

The pistol gets about 45-50 ft accurately, 65 feet max. The arrow thing goes about 80 max, not sure about accurate range.

#6 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 10:20 PM

you've got to be kidding!
Only 80' with the missle launcher?
i get more around 100' with a barrel almost exactly like the xbow, because its plunger tubes are so similar. Do what rayway7 says in the xbow mod about puting masking tape around the plunger's seal, it works wonders. And if you want the spring to be more powerful, you could do the stupid thing they did with the pistol, add something between the wall the spring would rest on and the spring. in other words, make the section the spring compresses into smaller, and you sould eaisily get closer to 100'.
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#7 seirus

seirus

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:42 PM

Eh, no bother to me. Not a gun I use.

#8 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:53 AM

Hey, thanks for the mods. The pistal shoots Lamaries now, and the arrow launcher is due to get a spring replacement and re-enfourced plunger, wall, etc. They two work great now.

-NSF

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users