September 29 1st monthly nerf out

3 replies to this topic

#1 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Removed.

Edited by Mully, 22 December 2012 - 02:20 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#2 KoRnEd

KoRnEd

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

I will be organizing a Nerf war in LA seeing as there are so few.

SCUN has a war every single month. If you'd pay attention you'd probably notice.

Address and time will be specified.

Usually when people post war threads, they either ask people who are planning to attend when they are free, or they have a set time and place already. It isn't very helpful if all we know is that you want to have a war in LA.

No modified darts slugs or Stefans of any kind. Just stock ammo. No exceptions.

There is nothing wrong with this, but keep in mind, not many people on this forum would want to war with stock ammo.

2) No home-mades, titan pressure tanks, or anything that can shoot over 90 ft flat.

With stock ammo, this won't be a problem at all, seeing as stock ammo can barely shoot straight at 50 foot distances.

4) I am the host and game master of this Nerf war, therefore, I reserve the right to penalize you for anything I find unsafe or impolite. By coming to this war, you agree to these rules and regulations.

I don't see how you can seek to "penalize us". Keep in mind we're there to have fun, if you want to, go right ahead. We can just leave if we feel you're rules aren't fair.

What kind of weapons to bring: primary, secondary, handgun (non- electric)

I don't think it really matters what you bring since:
a. Stock Ammo
b. Pretty much stock and lightly modded blasters

How does one exclude "non-electric" blasters. Why do you even call it a handgun anyways? Does this mean that flywheel blasters aren't allowed or something?

Now there is definitely nothing wrong with hosting a war. By all means do so, because it is great for the community. But keep in mind with these sort of things that you state and write that not many people would be interested in coming. It's also a good idea to attend a war before actually hosting one, and judging by your post/background, you haven't been to any. In any case, don't let my post stop you from having fun. Good luck with hosting your war.

20:07 tiredKitty living in NYC, you could spend a lot of time in Chinatown and only speak the mother tongue
20:07 tiredKitty Not a good idea, btw.

I have identified the problem: "maverick"

#3 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hey man, thanks for the feedback. I gm for a larp group (as stated above), so my rules tend to be strict simply because Larp is more strict do to physical contact.

I have tweaked the rules do to this feedback, and hope they are better.
Please let me know.

Mully
S.C.U.N.

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

4) I am the host and game master of this Nerf war. The point of this war is for everyone to have fun. I do reserve the right to punish you, but that is only if you are a jerk. If you aren't acting like a jerk, I will not punish you.

This is kind of a bizarre statement to make. Maybe a nebulous threat of punishment makes perfect sense for moderating a larp, but generally at a nerf war, you either directly confront people who are causing trouble, or if necessary ask them to leave.

The way you will receive the address of the war, is by sending a picture of your set up so that I can ok it.
(countmull@gmail.com) or, go to my profile, and email me there.

This is not how things are done here. You can make rules about what people are allowed to bring, but if you want to publicly post your nerf war here, you have to provide a basic set of information, including the time and location. You can't expect people to comply with this photo thing for a war hosted by someone they haven't met, at an undisclosed location, and at a yet-to-be-determined time.

I encourage you to nerf with your friends however you want to nerf, and you are welcome to invite members of NH to join you, but if you want to post about it here you have to conform to the basic format we use. You should understand that there are other wars being hosted in your area, and that your rules are a pretty significant departure from what people on this site usually expect from a war.

To everyone else: If you don't intend to attend this war, don't post in this thread. I won't tolerate people shitting all over a thread in Nerf Wars, even this one.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users