How?!

7 replies to this topic

#1 storm98

storm98

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • State:Oregon

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

So as I am reading these mods and all the stuff I am seeing is long ranges= money time and more money and time!
So how can a noob *cough* me get these huge ranges with a simple mod on a gun that will not cost 200 bucks on eBay

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

We don't do "which is best" threads here

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 11 September 2012 - 10:56 AM.

"There's only one god ma'am , and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."
-Captain America

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your profile to help him gain world domination. (yes i found this on another profile)

#2 exploe

exploe

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • State:Oklahoma

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

A VERY nice option is a snapbow. about $30, 100+ foot ranges, lasts forever. Link-http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20296
However, if you only want to mod, buzz bee is usually great, the 4b, which can be expensive, nets huge ranges is a nice option or, you could spend less money and get a panther or a range master.

Edited by exploe, 10 September 2012 - 10:51 PM.

#3 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

You are pretty much asking a "which blaster is better" type question, but to be honest I think you are asking the wrong kind. Range is not everything in a blaster, unless your sole goal is to blow holes in cardboard. You are going to want ROF and other factors, and you should also pay attention to what your group is using. In addition, stay away from those modded blasters on ebay. All their reported ranges are either at a 45 degree angle or greatly exaggerated.

#4 Hammy

Hammy

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

With power comes responsibility.

Find oud what blasters are available from your local store, then check the Nerf Modifications Directory thread, which has been pinned above for making a modification that you conformable making.

There are also a lot of youtube videos as well.

#5 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,074 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Okay, okay... as much as I don't like this post, I think it deserves a serious answer.

If you just want HUGE ranges, then buy a Titan, and then glue a coupler onto the front. BAM, instant cheap supergun. It won't be practical (or allowed) at wars, but it will let you scratch that 150 foot itch. And more importantly, it will only cost you about $25 dollars. If you can't find a titan, then look for a drain cleaner gun (a Cobra) or an Ultimate Missle Blast (which will shoot almost as far as a Titan).

If you want an EFFECTIVE blaster for wars that is also cheap and easy to mod, I can give a few other recommendations:

The Big Blast used to be the go-to recommendation for new modders who wanted a powerful blaster for a very cheap (sub $20) price. Sadly, it is mostly discontinued - you still occasionally see them in stores, but not enough to be a reliable recommendation. The new go-to gun is probably the Ultimate Missle Blast, which can be found at almost any retail outlet which sells toy guns. They are incredibly easy to mod: just cut the barrel off and glue a coupler onto it, and you're ready to go. If you add a hopper to that setup, you will have a sub-$20 gun that is quite competitive at a war (as well as shooting over 100ft).

You could also try out a mod I posted a few months back specifically for newer modders: My First 3B. Really simple, hard to fuck up, and it will shoot "pretty far". The UMB is probably a better choice overall, but the 3B is the easiest springer to mod like this.

Other guns which you could look into modding are the Nitfinder, Triple Shot, and the new Buzzbee guns, the Rangemaster and Panther. Take a look at the directory for mod ideas. And importantly, don't bite off more than you can chew: focus on barrel replacements initially (they are the most important and effective mod) and move on to more complex builds from there.

If you are looking at building homemade blasters, then start with the Snapbow. There's a reason that topic is stickied - Snapbows are the ultimate combination of extreme power, cheap price, and low skill construction. A hoppered Snapbow is basically 90% as good as the pump-action superguns you see people like me using at wars.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 11 September 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#6 storm98

storm98

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • State:Oregon

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

You are pretty much asking a "which blaster is better" type question, but to be honest I think you are asking the wrong kind. Range is not everything in a blaster, unless your sole goal is to blow holes in cardboard. You are going to want ROF and other factors, and you should also pay attention to what your group is using. In addition, stay away from those modded blasters on ebay. All their reported ranges are either at a 45 degree angle or greatly exaggerated.

I've noticed that raider ROF's are excessive but Titan and other air blasters can never compete with anything after that first shot/salvo.
But for me I think if I can accurately shoot someone before they can me I can win.
"There's only one god ma'am , and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."
-Captain America

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your profile to help him gain world domination. (yes i found this on another profile)

#7 HasreadCoC

HasreadCoC

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • State:Kentucky

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Despite the claim that there is no "best" blaster, I will say that when it comes to springers for new guys, the ERTL PAS (pump action shotgun) is about as good as it gets. Price tag is between $30 and $40 new. Just cut off the orange ball firing part on the front, glue in a CPVC/PVC coupler, and you're done. With the right darts you can easily see 120ft ish ranges, just right there. Usable with a hopper as well. It was my first real primary, and I'd still sub it in as a backup today if my homemade ever had a problem, because with that ROF, it still stands up to the competition.

The only really problem is that they're getting harder to track down these days. They're on Amazon every now and then, otherwise you might try your local Cabela's (hunting store), as I've heard they carry PAS's.

Edited by HasreadCoC, 11 September 2012 - 09:56 AM.

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

#8 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

I'm going to close this thread before more people pile in with their "which is best" opinions.

The general Nerfhaven policy relevant to storm98 is to do your own research and make your own opinions. Check it out here: New Members Guide
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users