Photo

How do you browse the forums?

15 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you browse the forums? (143 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you go to browse the newest content on NH

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

When you come to NH, where do you go first if you're just checking to see what's new?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

I have the "View New Content" page pinned as an app tab in Chrome.

#3 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

View new content.

I wasn't even really aware of the other options.

#4 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

I have the "Today's Active Content" link on the forum index page bookmarked (not the same as "Today's Active Topics"). Never knew about most of the options in the poll since I never use the main page. It's an old forum browsing habit from IPB forums that lacked portals.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#5 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:58 PM

View new content. Its how I see posts like this.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#6 HasreadCoC

HasreadCoC

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

View new content. I then check to see if it contains new posts in the mods/pj thread, or the Homemades thread. Two of the best threads here.

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

#7 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

I look the unread threads in Mods and Homemades and then click "mark board as read" at the bottom.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#8 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

The Forum index page (I am not a clever man.)

It keeps thing contextualized, for me at least.
If you wish to post anything HvZ related, here ya go.

"...if you've ever suffered the effects of a fucking faggot retard overpopulation, you'll understand what devistaiting effects it can have on one's psyche." - Talio

#9 Goldie

Goldie

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

I look the unread threads in Mods and Homemades and then click "mark board as read" at the bottom.

Same here more or less. I skip homemades and look at off topic forum alot. The shit that gets posted there is the best.

Longshots are terribad and you should feel bad.
Crossbow shells suck and your mom sucks.

S.C.U.N.

#10 Funky Mutha Facko

Funky Mutha Facko

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

I check today's active topics. I really wish there was an app that could notify me when new topics were added. I used to just ignore the new stuff and just read about everything and anything I wandered across until I felt I was on pace with the rest of the people that posted new stuff.
HARDCORE NERF!

#11 The Nerfaholic

The Nerfaholic

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:20 PM

The latest discussions box. It's right on the home page so I usually just go from there.
Roses are red, And violets are blue. One day we'll cruise down Blood Gulch avenue.

#12 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:40 AM

My favorite button takes me to the forums index. From there, I view the modification picture thread, the homemade picture thread, then view the Nerf war section. If I don't see a thread that seems worthy of a click while going through that process, I go back to the pr0n and check back here a few hours later.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#13 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

I have 2 setting actually. At work my favorites takes me right to the War Thread, then from their I parouse the forums. But home I have it set on the home page.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#14 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

I have the forums index page saved to favorites. Although sometimes I use the view new content.
NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#15 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

Right now I look almost exclusively at the homemades and wars forums, though I will look at other forums sometimes.

In the past, when I had more free time I would use the "View New Content" button on other online forums, but for the past few years I've found that approach to be overwhelming.

#16 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

I check the data in the "Last Post Info" column of the Forum index.

-Kanashimi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users