Photo

recon mod questions

6 replies to this topic

#1 alexmiller

alexmiller

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

basically im new to nerf modding so im going to start with a recon, is this a good or a bad idea as a first attempt? i also have a longstrike which will be up for modding once the recon is finished, i was hoping if someone could tell me whether or not the spring fron the longstrike would fit in the recon with noticable improvements to the range

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Edited by Carbon, 28 August 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#2 nine

nine

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

basically im new to nerf modding so im going to start with a recon, is this a good or a bad idea as a first attempt? i also have a longstrike which will be up for modding once the recon is finished, i was hoping if someone could tell me whether or not the spring fron the longstrike would fit in the recon with noticable improvements to the range

The Recon is a relatively easy mod, though I would recommend starting with something cheaper - like a nitefinder or sharp shot. The Longstrike uses the same spring as the recon, so there would be no noticeable increase in range from it.

Everyone hates engineers because they listen to what you say and then think about it.

Check out my YouTube!

#3 thesaz123

thesaz123

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

I suggest you check out http://www.orangemod...com/Default.asp especially if you're just beginning. They sell replacement internals for most n-strike blasters, that will increase performance much more than a simple air-restrictor removal/other basics
Thesaz123: Noob Nerf Modder

#4 bhajj94

bhajj94

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Start with a nitefinder, as it is a pretty easy mod to just do a cpvc coupler and a spring replacement. Also, the panther just came out, and it only $3-5, and because it's an airgun, it's a relatively simple mod, just slap on a cpvc coupler and you're ready to go. But, I would definitely start with a sidearm type gun.

Edited by bhajj94, 28 August 2012 - 12:08 PM.

Probably lurking somewhere...

#5 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

I suggest you check out http://www.orangemod...com/Default.asp especially if you're just beginning. They sell replacement internals for most n-strike blasters, that will increase performance much more than a simple air-restrictor removal/other basics

Installing OMW parts is not modding. I would also recommend starting with a nightfinder or other basic single shot springer.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#6 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

Is it just me, or do we get a Recon mod problem thread/debate-over-what-to-modify-first thread every week now?

In my opinion, the Maverick and Nightfinder were my first two guns to modify, and I ended up ruining their performance since I messed up their seals between parts in the inside, which caused me to stop modding for a year or two. My first successful mods actually were crossfires and my longshot. Bottom line is everyone has a different opinion on what to modify first, with mine being a crossfire or other pistol with reverse plunger internals. I would strongly recommend not diving into the recon first, as it seems many people new to modding struggle with putting back together. Good luck.

Edited by ShaNayNay, 28 August 2012 - 06:14 PM.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#7 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

Is it just me, or do we get a Recon mod problem thread/debate-over-what-to-modify-first thread every week now?

Yeah, we do. And what's funny is, we shouldn't be. Like, at all.

As per the New User Guide, please don't make threads asking about what mod to do, or what to mod. Look over the Modification Directory, decide what your skill level is, and try it out. You're the best judge of what your skill level is. Take a little time and read over both of those.

And for the love of god, alexmiller, you have two shift keys. Use them.

Locked.

Edited by Carbon, 28 August 2012 - 07:00 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users