New Dart Forum and New Moderator

9 replies to this topic

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

Home made nerf darts are one of the main aspects of this hobby that distinguishes the members of this community from other nerfers. When this site was created, there was very little to say about homemade nerf ammo beyond the basics. Most people agreed that barrels, breeches, etc. belonged in the mods section, and homemade nerf guns were still a fringe area, rarely allowed at actual wars.

Today is exactly ten years to the day since Nerfhaven.com was started, and times have changed. We have a wealth of information about homemade ammo, a variety of reloading mechanisms of increasing complexity, and a wide selection of barrel materials, all of which are used with both homemade and modded nerf blasters. We need a special place to discuss these topics, and collect all of this information in one forum. That is why our moderators and contributors have worked together over the last few weeks to create a Darts and Barrels forum. They've pulled together a decade worth of threads from the Mods, Homemades, and General Nerf forums, and added a pre-stocked set of directory and photo threads as well as a couple of extra pinned topics to highlight the most useful and up to date info. And the cherry on the top of this foamy birthday cake is a new article from Ryan called How to Make Homemade Nerf Darts - a Beginners Guide.

Also under the category of stuff we probably should've done years ago, Carbon has been promoted to Moderator of the Engineering section of the site to assist Zorn with the Mods, Homemades, and new D&B forums. I look forward to seeing him dole out stern warnings while puffing on his pipe, reading a print newspaper, and generally doing whatever else old guys do these days.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 chavez guy

chavez guy

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Today is exactly ten years to the day since Nerfhaven.com was started

I'm assuming a birthday thread is still unacceptable in this scenario?
Hablamos EspaƱol

#3 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

What a treat, a dart thread is a great idea and should be quite helpful.

Shame that this thread will be locked as it is a birthday thread.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#4 Ozymandias

Ozymandias

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

Holy hell, there's over 100 threads in that forum.

Many props to the mods who cobbled all that together.
If you wish to post anything HvZ related, here ya go.

"...if you've ever suffered the effects of a fucking faggot retard overpopulation, you'll understand what devistaiting effects it can have on one's psyche." - Talio

#5 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

A big thanks to the mods who worked to put this together, and congratulations to Carbon on his promotion.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#6 HasreadCoC

HasreadCoC

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

A wonderful idea, certainly worthy of it's own sub-forum. A round a applause for the people who made this happen *applause*

Also, Happy Birthday Nerfhaven! So, no birthday threads, ehh?

I'm the only respectable person here. The rest of the NIC are pretty much just child molesters.

AKA: ObiWonTwo on Nerfrevolution, and most of the rest of the internet for that matter.....

#7 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

I'm assuming a birthday thread is still unacceptable in this scenario?

Shame that this thread will be locked as it is a birthday thread.

Also, Happy Birthday Nerfhaven! So, no birthday threads, ehh?

This is the worst running gag ever. I put an end to birthday threads because there are hundreds of active accounts, and thousands more that are inactive, and every day is two or more people's birthday around here. If you want to wish NH a happy birthday in a thread like this which already exists, go for it. In any case, the forums didn't actually become active until December 2002 and most of the early members didn't join until 2003, so what I said was only accurate in the loosest sense of 'started'.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#8 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

The new thread really is a piece of work. I was surprised to see that it started out with 4 pages of posts. There's quite a few older posts and ideas that are new to me. My sincere thanks goes out to all who helped to put it together.
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#9 Meaker VI

Meaker VI

• Moderators
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

Absolutely amazing work starting that dart & barrel subforum guys, this will surely be of great benefit to the NIC. I know there have been many times where I was stumped as to where to find the information now contained in that one place. And congrats to Carbon on his promotion to moderator!

#10 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

Yeah, whatevs... it's kind of cool I guess.

It's ok.

USER WAS PANNED FOR THIS POST

Edited by Langley, 22 August 2012 - 02:57 PM.
Meh, it's kind of funny, I guess....

Star Wars can go fuck itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users