Photo

Interested in a Central PA war???

You willing to come?

13 replies to this topic

Poll: Interested in a Central PA war???

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Would you come to a war hosted in Central PA?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What do you prefer

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

So, we got wars in Western PA and Eastern PA. Why not in Central PA?

I live in Central PA (Sunbury) and would love to host a war. I thought this is a pretty good location for a war. People from Philly, Pittsburgh, NJ, Maryland, Ohio, and New York can come to this location fairly easyly (for the most part).

I'd like to have a war in Central PA every month like Hero does with his NJNOs. This is the main goal.

I just need to make sure there are people interested in this because I don't want to host a war and end up have 2 people attend.

Just answer the poll and post in the thread if you are interested or not. I won't be offended (too much).

Thanks a bunch,
Shoopy

Edited by Shoopy, 21 August 2012 - 01:31 PM.

You know you all want to crouch like a tiger...

PA POWER Clan Is that all ya got?

#2 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Posted Image

...my smart-ass reponse aside, you could probably draw a lot of people to this since it's only a few hours drove from Pittsburg, and less from Philedalphia. Post pictures of some nice rural parks with few asshole cops, and you'll probably attract some nerfers.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 21 August 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#3 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for the beautiful diagram Beaver. I will post some pictures later. I do have some areas in mind. Also, I'd like to know if you guys prefer wooded areas with trees or flat areas with mobstacles?

Edited by Shoopy, 21 August 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#4 One long shot

One long shot

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

I'd try as best I could to make it out there for a war. We could draw some pretty big crowds, I think.
Weirdness is a relative concept; If I'm weird to you, then what do I think is weird? If I'm it for you, what's it for me?

#5 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

We could draw some pretty big crowds, I think.

I believe we can too. I'm hoping for a good 15 people per war. I think that it will be good to add another battlefield to the MANL.

#6 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

I could get a decent group of dudes to come if hosted in the state college area.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#7 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

I could get a decent group of dudes to come if hosted in the state college area.

State college is a little drive for me (45min.). That's a possibility. Though can't they drive 45 min. more to me ;)

#8 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Is there any particular issue with Kline's Run in Wrightsville where Redshot hosts his wars? It doesn't seem like your area is much more convenient (if at all) to people coming from Jersey, Philadelphia, or Pittsburgh, and it's definitely worse for people coming from south of PA. Maybe there's a contingent of North PA or upstate NY nerfers that I'm not aware of? It kind of seems like the only person this would really benefit is you. I mean it sucks that the nearest war for you is over an hour and a half away, but you've got to give us something to work with here, if you want to pull in more than just locals.

It would be cool to have someplace close to Penn State to nerf though, just to pull in some of the HvZ nerds.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#9 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

I love the PWN>Us by Redshot. Also, your right Langley, as usual. One of the main reasons I want to host a Central PA war is so I don't have to travel as much as usual.

I actually wouldn't mind having a war near Penn State. I'd just rather have it closer to me.

I still think I can get a good amount of people to come to a war hosted in an area closer to me though.

Edited by Shoopy, 21 August 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#10 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

I still think I can get a good amount of people though.

I'm not trying to discourage you from hosting a war or anything, but I think you should look at it as an opportunity to get your non-nerf friends and other local people involved instead of focusing on getting far flung NIC people. And hey, volume isn't everything. The best wars are often the small ones, so if you can only get four people to show up, don't let that stop you from having an awesome war.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#11 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm not trying to discourage you from hosting a war or anything, but I think you should look at it as an opportunity to get your non-nerf friends and other local people involved instead of focusing on getting far flung NIC people. And hey, volume isn't everything. The best wars are often the small ones, so if you can only get four people to show up, don't let that stop you from having an awesome war.

Thanks Langley. You just made me feel good inside. Thanks for showing me a different perspective. Thanks for opening my eyes (but not too much because I am Korean)to other options .

Edited by Shoopy, 21 August 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#12 ChaosPropel

ChaosPropel

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

You just made me feel good inside.

I quite enjoy the way Langley makes me feel when he's inside me too. Wait...that's not what I meant to say...

If they're not held too far, I'd be interested in trying to make it up to some Central PA wars, even if it's only to give you a small-eyed brother a bigass hug.

Edited by ChaosPropel, 21 August 2012 - 05:12 PM.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

#13 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

If you did it near the Penn State area, that would be awesome. And it'd give me an even bigger excuse to get myself up there. I know Jupiter would also be happy to join in.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#14 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

If they're not held too far, I'd be interested in trying to make it up to some Central PA wars, even if it's only to give you a small-eyed brother a bigass hug.

That would be so worth it... I mean... Sure, whatever guy that that I'm NOT in a bromance with...

Maybe I'll have one closer to me and one near Penn State to see which one I prefer. Maybe, I'd stick with both.

Edited by Shoopy, 21 August 2012 - 06:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users